BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #45
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Re symptoms, does it feel like if you press the gas, it loses some traction and 'sliding' occurs? I've had that a few times but can't figure out what's happening, I thought it was a thread prb but they all look fine. I've eased up on the gas when that happens and it goes back to normal.
I think that it would be highly unlikely that a failing rear driveshaft CV join will cause the car to lose traction and cause 'sliding'. That's from too much throttle, not enough tire, or both.

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #46
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I think that it would be highly unlikely that a failing rear driveshaft CV join will cause the car to lose traction and cause 'sliding'. That's from too much throttle, not enough tire, or both.
Tx for replying.

That's weird because my driving style is consistent and I haven't experienced that before. Maybe I have some tire bald spots I couldn't see. Glad will be taking off my winters soon to confirm or not.

I guess this answer's better than anything to do w/ the cv joint (knock wood).
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #47
RevALot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looks like I'm having the same issue on a 2007 BMW 335i 6-Speed Manual RWD. Just wanted to make a note of it on this thread.
Appreciate 0