BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Jaguar XJ Supercharged

What do you guys think of this car?

I'm thinking of telling my dad to buy the car as he needs a new car.

What are maintenance costs like? Do you guys know if these have big issues?

I checked out some reviews on them and it looks great so far... 30k miles and $35k for a $100k car 3 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Orion335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

As a past XJ owner: reliability is rated very poorly on the newer Tata-gen Jags, and they're behind on the technology/performance curve compared to the German makes. Infotainment system is also pretty bad to use. The car itself is very quick, but I'd go with a German competitor if you want a performance model. Dealership network is relatively small, and of course the parts aren't cheap out of warranty, but that's just a general European thing. If you want a no-headache car for your dad, look at the Lexus LS and GS.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion335 View Post
As a past XJ owner: reliability is rated very poorly on the newer Tata-gen Jags, and they're behind on the technology/performance curve compared to the German makes. Infotainment system is also pretty bad to use. The car itself is very quick, but I'd go with a German competitor if you want a performance model. Dealership network is relatively small, and of course the parts aren't cheap out of warranty, but that's just a general European thing. If you want a no-headache car for your dad, look at the Lexus LS and GS.
Actually I was browsing the Jag forums and yeah... those things seem to have crazy reliability issues.
Appreciate 0