BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-23-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
"My Highlights" app

The My Highlights app mysteriously appeared in my Idrive screen. Here is what BMW says about it:
What is the "My Highlights" app in my BMW?
Depending on the country of delivery and equipment, your BMW will regularly receive new functions, functional upgrades and quality improvements free of charge with BMW Remote Software Upgrades. In the "My Highlights" vehicle app, you will find the highlights of new functions and functional upgrades for an available Remote Software Upgrade and after its installation. New functions are explained in texts, pictures and videos. The "My Highlights" vehicle app is currently only available in Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and the USA for vehicles with BMW Operating System 8.5.
Sounds okay but every time I try to download it, it seems to hang but puts the icon on the screen, and today when I pushed the app button it crashed iDrive - I had no Navigation, just graphics on the screen. I had to reboot with long press to restore it to normal. Has anybody else seen this? Has anyone successfully installed it? Is it worth it?

I'd delete it but you can't delete apps in ID 8.5, only move them around on the screen.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 03:40 AM   #2
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

i opened it several times - there was no crash and no update or whatsoever...

no idea what this reall does :/

YES! deleting apps, that feature is missing, especially the entertainment apps that are completely useless for me...
Appreciate 0