BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport +

New Jaguar XF

Thanks to our office Gardner my F30 has gone for repair and I have been given a new Jaguar XF courtesy car with only 400 miles on the clock.

Having driven it for a few days now I can honestly say I'm not a fan at all and it's really made me appreciate the F30, especially as mine is a pre LCI and is effectively a 5 year old design vs a brand new car.

The jag is a nice place to sit however the list of things I dislike is long.

I like;
- as expected it is much quieter and more refined than my car (both are 2.0D)
- the ride comfort is better, this may be more due to the smaller wheels vs the 19s and RFTs I'm used to.
- I'm quite enjoying the increased space and I'm now considering a 5 series for my next car
- the car seems really well specced and includes a leather dash. I'm not sure how much is standard but as it is a rental I'm inclined to say quite a bit.

I dislike;
- the touch screen infortainment is a pain to use compared to the simplicity of the idrive. It also has a poor screen resolution.
- the seats are too hard and uncomfortable but this may suit others more than me
- I HATE the gearbox, the car is constantly in the wrong gear, the BMW sport auto is seemless and always seems to be in the correct gear to the point you almost forget it's there. The jag is terrible, the car has no grunt at all becuase it is constantly changing gear 2 or 3 times deciding what to do. I can't understand how it downchanges as you reduce speed (and lurches as it does so) then it still needs to downchange again when you turn a corner and gently speed back up
Appreciate 0