BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
nonamerequired
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

2013 7 series options

Hi

I'm planning a European Delivery for a 740Li, for May - June 2013. I have some questions, any help would be appreciated:

1. The ARS system - lots of people on this board say it's a necessity. However none of the 2013 7 series that 2 local dealers had in stock had it on... So I ended up testing couple 740Li and 750Li, with and without the Msport package, and they felt very wobbly at medium to high speeds when changing directions rapidly from side to side. I expect the ARS would mitigate some of this body roll, but would like some comments from people who tested both the ARS and non-ARS versions.

2. The rear-entertainment system - can it play regular DVDs through the front changer - does it matter the format (european/US) ?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

1. - ARS is a must, you really can tell a difference and as you said feels wobbly; ordered my 09 w/o it and it was a pita to live with so i got rid of it(along with the other problems i had with it)[I was lucky to have gotten on '11 F01 Msport as it was standard with that pack but was later omitted as optional for '12 and beyond as it has been since '09]{The 760 I didn't worry about as it is standard}

2. - Can't answer that sorry

quip - none of the dealers order them with ARS and I do not see why BMW omitted them in the F-series as it was standard in the E-series

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamerequired
Hi

I'm planning a European Delivery for a 740Li, for May - June 2013. I have some questions, any help would be appreciated:

1. The ARS system - lots of people on this board say it's a necessity. However none of the 2013 7 series that 2 local dealers had in stock had it on... So I ended up testing couple 740Li and 750Li, with and without the Msport package, and they felt very wobbly at medium to high speeds when changing directions rapidly from side to side. I expect the ARS would mitigate some of this body roll, but would like some comments from people who tested both the ARS and non-ARS versions.

2. The rear-entertainment system - can it play regular DVDs through the front changer - does it matter the format (european/US) ?

Thanks a lot
You can play regular DVDs from the front changer. You end up with three physical DVD players. Two in the front and one in the back (unless they changed it)

Also, I was told the 2013 RE has a rear idrive controller. My 2011 only has a remote.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

As for rear entertainment, get iPAD holders and iPADs. That should keep the passengers occupied for hours, especially if you have a wifi hotspot. DVD players and screens on the back seat is old school, just like cassette players.
Appreciate 0