BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

02-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

The 2015 DTM season is almost upon us and will be some of the best touring car racing on the planet! If you're like me, you are super excited to get the DTM rolling once more. In anticipation, I've tried to compile as much helpful information and links for you and I to refer to. Feel free to add anything here to this thread pertaining to the leadup to the new season!

First up will be testing in Portimao for all 3 teams this week and then the last testing at Estoril on March 25th - 29th
"The official teams of Audi, BMW and Mercedes that will participate in April the first race of the DTM championship in Hockenheim, Germany, are since the beginning of this week testing at the Estoril Circuit.

Estoril was chosen because it is the circuit that provides to technicians and engineers the best feed back for immediate evaluation and more accurate responses to the demanding conditions to which the cars are subjected.

A total of 250 people, including pilots, engineers, technicians, support teams will be this month in Estoril in a series of tests that mark the debut of the BMW in direct confrontation with the Audi and Mercedes, old DTM fighters.

Access to the Estoril Circuit is closed to the public by enforcement of trademarks.
Remember that among the drivers testing at Estoril's Filipe Albuquerque, the Portuguese driver that integrates the official pictures of Audi Sport Team Rosberg."

IMPORTANT THREADS PERTAINING TO DTM AND '15
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1086771
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091885
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066186
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067298
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1064453
DTM and Super GT create Class One: http://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/d...ate-class-one/

2015 Schedule:
May 02-03 Hockenheimring, Germany
May 30-31 EuroSpeedway Lausitz, Germany
Jun 27-28 Norisring, Germany
Jul 11-12 Zandvoort, Netherlands
Aug 01-02 Red Bull Ring, Austria
Aug 29-30 Moscow Raceway, Russia
Sep 12-13 Oschersleben, Germany
Sep 26-27 Nurburgring, Germany
Oct 17-18 Hockenheimring, Germany

DTM Goes Back to 2-Race Format:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117019
It will be the first time since 2002 that the DTM will use a two-race format.
The calendar will feature nine events for a total of 18 races

2015 DTM entry list with their new PERMANENT numbers:
1 Marco Wittmann Germany RMG BMW
2 Gary Paffett Great Britain ART Mercedes
3 Paul di Resta GReat Britain HWA Mercedes
5 Mattias Ekstrom Sweden Abt Audi
6 Robert Wickens Canada HWA Mercedes
7 Bruno Spengler Canada MTEK BMW
8 Christian Vietoris Germany HWA Mercedes
10 Timo Scheider Germany Phoenix Audi
12 Daniel Juncadella Spain Mucke Mercedes
13 Antonio Felix da Costa Portugal Schnitzer BMW
16 Timo Glock Germany MTEK BMW
17 Miguel Molina Spain Abt Audi
18 Augusto Farfus Brazil RBM BMW
22 Lucas Auer Austria ART Mercedes
27 Adrien Tambay France Abt Audi
31 Tom Blomqvist Great Britain RBM BMW
36 Maxime Martin Belgium RMG BMW
48 Edoardo Mortara Italy Abt Audi
51 Nico Muller Switzerland Rosberg Audi
53 Jamie Green Great Britain Rosberg Audi
77 Martin Tomczyk Germany Schnitzer BMW
84 Maximilian Gotz Germany Mucke Mercedes
94 Pascal Wehrlein Germany HWA Mercedes
99 Mike Rockenfeller Germany Phoenix Audi

BMW Team Pairings:
Team RMG: Marco Wittmann, Maxime Martin
Team RBM: Augusto Farfus, Tom Blomqvist
Team MTEK: Bruno Spengler, Timo Glock
Schnitzer: Martin Tomczyk, Antonio Felix da Costa

Audi Team Pairings
Audi Team Abt Sportsline: Mattias Ekstrom, Miguel Molina, Edoardo Mortara and Adrien Tambay.
Audi Team Rosberg - Jamie Green and Nico Mller
Audi Team Phoenix - Timo Scheider and Mike Rockenfeller

Mercedes-Benz Team Pairings
ART Grand Prix: Gary Paffett, Lucas Auer
HWA AG: Paul Di Resta, Robert Wickens
HWA AG: Christian Vietoris, Pascal Wehrlein
Mcke Motorsport: Daniel Juncadella, Maximilian Gtz

Network TV Press ReleasesCBS Sports Network Announces 2015 Torque.TV Programming Schedule
Written By Amanda Kondolojy
February 10th, 2015

Via press release:

CBS SPORTS NETWORK ANNOUNCES 2015 TORQUE.TV

PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE

CBS Sports Network to Exclusively Air Top Motorsports Events Including

Pirelli World Challenge, DTM Racing Series and MotoAmerica

CBS Sports Network’s 2015 Torque.TV motorsports event programming schedule features some of the best international and domestic two- and four-wheel racing action from North America and around the world. The schedule debuts on Saturday, March 14 with the Pirelli World Challenge from Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

Throughout the year, CBS Sports Network will feature more than 130 hours of Torque.TV programming. Series featured include the Pirelli World Challenge; British Touring Car Championship; DTM Racing Series; Blancpain GT Championship; MotoAmerica; V8 Supercars; Bike Road Racing Series; SKUSA Superkarts; North American Endurocross; and Offshore Powerboat Grand Prix.

The Torque.TV schedule adds to CBS Sports Network’s already robust lineup of motorsports programming, which includes almost 400 hours of coverage throughout the year.

AUDI NEWS

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Audi-...oject-20150219
RS5 DTM TO BE UNVEILED

The first new Audi RS 5 DTM, sporting the 2015 livery, will be unveiled by on March 19. The subsequent official DTM tests at Estoril, Portugal (March 25-27) will see the Green, Molina, Rockenfeller and Tambay on track. The tests at Oschersleben, Germany from April 14-16, will see the RS 5 DTM cars of Ekstrom, Mortara, Mller and Scheider on track.

For the first time, teams are assembling the eight race cars for the 2015 season based on the 2014 monocoque and components at the new Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg. It takes two weeks to complete an RS 5 DTM consisting of 4000 parts. Following the tests at Estoril and Oschersleben, teams will prepare cars in Kempten, Meuspath and Neustadt for the season opener at Hockenheim.

Mercedes-Benz approach 2015 DTM campaign with renewed vigour

http://www.dtm.com/en/News/Mercedes-...ed-vigour.html

DTM to kick the new season off with a top-class event
From 30th April to 03rd May, DTM is going flat out, for the motor-racing enthusiasts, by providing them a very special event as season opener. The race meeting at the Hockenheimring Baden-Wrttemberg will not only represent the debut of the new racing format for the 2015 season, featuring two championship rounds per race weekend but in addition, the DTM support programme also will comprise another spectacular highlight: a championship round of the spectacular race series ‘FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy’ (World RX). Following successful negotiations between WRX promoter IMG and DTM rights holder and promoter ITR, the FIA World Motor Sport Council opted for adding the Hockenheim DTM meeting to the World Rallycross Championship calendar.

http://www.dtm.com/en/News/DTM-to-ki...ass-event.html" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.dtm.com/e...event.html</a>

Six events as part of the DTM
24 cars, six events, twelve races*: These are the basic facts of the Audi Sport TT Cup that will enhance the DTM supporting program from 2015 on. The Audi Sport TT Cup will participate in a total of six DTM events in Germany and neighboring countries in 2015. Two 30-minute races are planned at each event. The driving time, including free practice and qualifying, will be more than two hours per weekend.

Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 calendar
May 01-03 Hockenheim (D)
June 26-28 Norisring (D)
Jul31 - Aug 02 Red Bull Ring (A);
Sep 11 - 13 Oschersleben (D)
Sep 25 - 27 Nrburgring (D);
Oct 16 - 18 Hockenheim (D)

Audi TT: Combined fuel consumption in l/100 km: 7.5&amp;#8211;4.2; Combined CO2 emissions in g/km: 174&amp;#8211;110; Audi TTS: Combined fuel consumption in l/100 km: 7.5&amp;#8211;6.9;
Combined CO2 emissions in g/km: 174&amp;#8211;159

Last edited by 954Stealth; 03-20-2015 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

"I'm going to enjoy every race with the one on the car" -- Marco Wittmann

- Sometimes life is after all a request concert: If the DTM drivers roll into the starting line-up from this year, then their cars adorns the first time a starting number that they have chosen themselves. Each of the 24 world-class drivers who reach into the control of the Audi RS 5 DTM, DTM BMW M4 or Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM was allowed to call his own personal desire number before the start of the season.

The highlight: In future years, the now selected start numbers with them. Many years of DTM drivers such as Mattias Ekström, Paul di Resta and Martin Tomczyk will carry with it in the future a typical starting number as an identifying mark.

Only one number is assigned in each year anew, she is the favorite number of all drivers - the number 1, which is reserved for the current champion. 2015 they will decorate the BMW M4 DTM by Marco Wittmann. "I'm going to every race with the one on the car to enjoy," grins the BMW driver. "If I had not become a champion, I would have started with the # 11."

Most pilots have a special relationship with their race number. "For me, the 18 is connected to a kind of time travel," says about Augusto Farfus (BMW). "With this number I first started in karting in 1992 and a lot of fond memories of it. I will do my utmost to continue my personal success story with this starting point in the DTM."

Christian Vietoris (Mercedes AMG) chose for similar reasons, the number 8: "With this number, I was in the past always been very successful with the number I associate a good feeling, happiness and success with the number I have for example dominant Formula BMW.. won. " Also Audi driver Nico Müller chose "his" 51 For historical reasons: it was his first race number at a go-karting.

(Obviously the 2014 version! The new Farfus car is the Shell M4)

A little superstition was for many pilots in the game - including Mike Rockenfeller (Audi, car number 99): "The 9 has always been a good number for me, since I thought that with twice 9 can not go wrong." he says. Brand mate Timo Scheider secured the 10 "because the 1 that I had before, this time was already gone - it's the sign for me to reach a goal."

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Testing in Portimao began today
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

M4 testing the other day on reveal/photoshoot day
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Ingolstadt/Portimao The number of test days permitted in the DTM are strictly limited – which makes the task that Mattias Ekstrom and Mike Rockenfeller must complete from March 2-4 in Portuguese Portimao even more important: about two months before the 2015 DTM season starts, Audi Sport puts two RS 5 DTM test cars through their paces.

The demanding race track in southwest Portugal is the venue of a test attended by all three automobile manufacturers involved in the DTM. Afterwards, there are only two more test opportunities before the season opener at Hockenheim on the first May weekend.

Audi Sport has two RS 5 DTM test cars (chassis number 105 and 115) in action on the Algarve coast. After a brief shakedown on Sunday, March 1, three busy test days each lasting eight hours (8:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:30) are on the agenda for Mattias Ekstrom and Mike Rockenfeller. Youngster Nico Muller is on hand as backup.

The Audi Sport trucks set off on the 2,700-kilometer journey to Portimao on Wednesday, February 25. While it€™s still winter in Germany, the DTM team hopes to have consistent and perfect testing conditions in the south.

The same applies to the track. "Last time I was there to test, the circuit was very bumpy," remembers Mike Rockenfeller. "This has been worked on. Im curious, because in general Portimaoo is a fantastic track with a demanding layout and fast corners with high G forces – they make big demands of the driver."

Even if the technology in the DTM cars has not changed since last year, Portimao is an important test for us because of the few test days we have in the DTM," says the 2013 DTM Champion. "It's s all about improving details, to refine the set-up, to get in as many laps as possible and to learn. Im looking forward to it."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

And we have DiResta, Vietoris and Max Goetz testing for Mercedes today
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Last edited by 954Stealth; 03-02-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

New BMW lineup with new liveries and new sponsorships all around

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Spengler and Da Costa driving today
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Blomqvist is out today; it's his first "proper" day as a BMW DTM driver according to BMW!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here's a brief look at Audi testing this week

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The crucial phase of preparations for the 2015 DTM season is underway.
BMW Motorsport March 5th 2015

Two BMW M4 DTMs got their first test kilometres of the year under their belts in ideal conditions and beautiful spring weather in Portimão. The two cars in action completed a total of more than 3,000 kilometres between Monday and Wednesday.

Six of the eight drivers who will compete for BMW Motorsport in the DTM in 2015 were given time at the wheel in Portimão. Over the course of the three test days, Bruno Spengler, António Félix da Costa, Timo Glock, Tom Blomqvist, Maxime Martin and Martin Tomczyk were all in action at the “Autódromo Internacional do Algarve”. This was Blomqvist’s first outing as a BMW works driver, having secured the eighth seat in BMW Motorsport’s DTM squad in February.

The engineers focussed primarily on the set-up of the BMW M4 DTM in Portugal. The test also provided an important opportunity to test improvements to those areas of the car that are not subject to the homologation. The goal for the drivers was to spend as much time as possible on track, in order to regain a feel for the car on a racetrack after the long winter break.

Portimão saw all three manufacturers in the DTM meet for the first time this year. The official ITR test is scheduled for 25th to 27th March in Estoril. That is followed by the final tests in Oschersleben from 14th to 16th April. The 2015 DTM season then kicks off with the opening race in Hockenheim on 2nd May.

"One last rev of the throttle and the engines fall silent in Portimao. See you at the next DTM test in Estoril! "

Bruno Spengler:
“That was a very productive test for us. We were able to complete our programme without any problems. There is obviously still some work to be done on the remaining test days, but we have definitely taken a step in the right direction. Our advantage compared to last season is that we now know the BMW M4 DTM much better, meaning we are more experienced when it comes to finding the right set-up. However, we also saw that the opposition has not been sleeping over the winter, and are in good shape.”

António Félix da Costa: “That was my first workday at the track with my new team. The guys at BMW Team Schnitzer are extremely professional and I felt at home with them from the word go. My test day went very well. I started with the set-up that Martin Tomczyk had come up with the previous day, and it worked well for me too. It is a very good sign that different drivers are happy with the same set-up of the BMW M4 DTM. Because of this, I am very confident looking ahead to the rest of the pre-season preparations.”

Timo Glock: “It was good to be back in the car and to find my rhythm after the long winter break. We had a few technical problems in the morning, but were able to work through a very good test programme in the afternoon. We found a few things that should help us move in the right direction with regard to the coming season. Our goal is to be back up there with the front-runners in 2015. This was a good start.”

Tom Blomqvist: “That’s the first time I’ve ever driven here in Portimão. The track is very interesting and demanding – a bit like a rollercoaster. In the first few laps I was a bit lost but once I figured out where it goes I was able to run the normal programme without any problems. I also got used to the BMW M4 DTM again after a few laps. After that everything was okay. This track is definitely a very good test for my fitness.“

Maxime Martin: “It’s great to be back in the car after quite a long winter break. I enjoyed working with the BMW guys and the BMW M4 DTM again. It was a good day and I’m eager to continue preparing for the 2015 season in the weeks to come.“

Martin Tomczyk: “That was a very good test of stamina for me after the long break. Portimão is a tiring circuit with a lot of hills and bumps. You soon find out whether you are physically fit here. I really enjoyed myself, as we had a very good day of testing. We managed to test a lot of things. Over the winter, we tried to change a few things on the car, within the regulations. The first impression is that these changes seem to have paid off. However, that was only the first test. We will only find out for certain over the coming weeks.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 03-05-2015 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The BMW Team Schnitzer workshop
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

What happened here at the Hockenheim festival
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Audi Sport Press Release
March 19, 2015

• Audi Sport: Green light for the 2015 season
  • Audi presents motorsport program in Neuburg
  • First glimpse behind the scenes of the new Audi racing department
  • Head of Motorsport Dr. Ullrich: “Optimum working conditions”

Ingolstadt/Neuburg, March 19, 2015 – With a ‘warm-up’ at the Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg, Audi Sport officially opened the 2015 motorsport season. On Thursday, about 70 members of international media from 12 nations including China and Russia, experienced an exclusive tour of the new racing department and the first joint appearance of the four Audi racing projects, LMP, DTM, GT racing and the Audi Sport TT Cup.

We have a lot on our agenda for this year,” says Head of Audi Motorsport Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich with respect to the extended motorsport program of AUDI AG. “Here at the new Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg we’ve created perfect prerequisites for this. We all feel comfortable in the new facilities. Particularly in the past weeks when the assembly of the race cars for the 2015 season began, the mechanics of Audi Sport and our partner teams came to appreciate the significance of optimum working conditions.”

For the Le Mans 24 Hours and the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), Audi Sport thoroughly revised the R18 e-tron quattro that was presented in its new design for the first time on Thursday in Neuburg. “We focused on various areas this year so that Audi’s hybrid sports car will remain unbeaten at Le Mans for the fourth consecutive year,” Chris Reinke, Head of LMP at Audi Sport, revealed.

Such profound modifications were not possible on the current Audi RS 5 DTM during the winter. “The car has been homologated since the third race of last season,” explains Dieter Gass, Head of DTM at Audi Sport. “We concentrated on tapping existing potential and on paying attention to even the smallest detail.”

Two completely new race cars are available at Audi’s customer sport department that is expected to move from Ingolstadt to Neuburg as well immediately following the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring in May. “The response to our new Audi R8 LMS since its world debut in Geneva has been overwhelming,” says Romolo Liebchen, Head of Audi Sport customer racing. “Now we need to prove on the race track that it delivers on its visual promise.”

In the 24-hour races at the Nürburgring and at Spa-Francorchamps, Teams Phoenix Racing and WRT each will be fielding two new Audi R8 LMS cars. In the VLN Endurance Championship and in the Blancpain Endurance Series, Audi Sport customer racing is planning test runs as well.

Support within Audi’s GT program is awaiting the winner of the new Audi Sport TT Cup that will be celebrating its inaugural event as part of the DTM Festival at Hockenheim at the beginning of May. “We’re currently building five cars per week,” says Project Leader Rolf Michl. “Even before the first race, response to the Audi Sport TT Cup is overwhelming, and I’m convinced that we’re going to see tremendous races as well.”

While the completion of the total of 35 cars is the top priority in the Audi Sport TT Cup in the next few days the next on-track events are already on the agenda for the LMP, DTM and GT racing programs following the ‘Audi Sport Warm-up.’ The DTM will be testing at Estoril (Portugal) from March 25 to 27. In the WEC, the Prologue at Le Castellet (France) is coming up on March 27 and 28 and the new Audi R8 LMS will be celebrating its racing debut at the VLN opener on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife on March 28.

– End –
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:22 AM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

FIA World Rallycross to support the 2015 DTM season opener
World Rallycross (WRX) championship promoter IMG has reached an agreement with FIA and ITR to include an event in the 2015 calendar, to be held as a support race at the DTM season opener in Hockenheim.

and then this, pertaining to the new weekend format:

"Today, ITR e.V., the series promoter, has announced the full details of the new agenda for the 2015 season, which will be heavily based in and around Germany, with nine meetings.

There will be two races, to be held one each on Saturday and Sunday, both awarding full championship points. The first race of the weekend will have a duration of 40 minutes plus one lap, where a pit stop for tyres is optional.

On Sundays, a second race will be held, which will have a duration of 60 minutes plus one lap, and where one tyre change will be compulsory.

Each race will have a separate 20-minute qualifying session to be held each race day, resulting on two separate starting grids.

Hans Werner Aufrecht, Chairman of ITR e.V., is confident that the new format will bring back the excitement fans and spectators are looking for: “With two championship rounds per weekend we provide the spectators twice as much of the things that count: more door-to-door battles, more thrilling decisions, and more fascinating motor racing. And we are convinced that the differing race formats will make for entertaining and thrilling races.”

The 2015 DTM season will start in Hockenheim on the 3rd of May."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here's the new livery for Gotz's AMG C-Coupe. It featers Mercedes-AMg and MV Augusta (Mercedes bought 1/4 of the motorcycle compay)

MV Augusta will have AMG lettering in their livery this year as well You'll see that in WSBK.

Gotz is the co-driver with Juncadella on team Mucke.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Live timing is up now

live.dtm.com/timing/dtm
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth
Live timing is up now

live.dtm.com/timing/dtm
Used the word "live" loosely, of course. That's what the link is called. Here's final numbers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0