BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Key and Seat Programming

How do I program my key, so that if I use Key 1 and another person uses Key 2, that when I get into the car, the seat is automatically adjusted to my seat position stored as Memory 1? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Unlock the car with your key (Key Fob #1), adjust the seat to the position you like. Store this configuration under memory setting #1 (press the programming button then select memory location #1). This will save the seat settings in memory location #1 on your key. Lock the car with your key. Unlock the car with the second key (Key Fob #2), adjust the seat to a position that the user of key #2 prefers. Store this configuration under memory setting #1 (press the programming button then select memory location #1). This will save the seat settings in memory location #1 on the current key. It would be a good idea not to bring the second key into the car while you program the first and vice versa!

I believe there is also a setting somewhere in the iDrive menu that lets you select if the seat position should be changed as soon as you unlock the car or after you open the driver door. I have it set to change after opening the door, that way if I need to get something out of the trunk and I use the second key, it won't change the seat position.

Hope this helps.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I believe there is also a setting somewhere in the iDrive menu that lets you select if the seat position should be changed as soon as you unlock the car or after you open the driver door.
This is exactly what I'm looking to do(!), but cannot figure it out!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I have to have a look at the menu next time I drive the car. I was going by what I remember when I first set this up (it's been a while...)
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Somehow this is not working for me, but before I begin, please note I’m very concerned with the potential to lose my seat/wheel/mirror adjustments, radio presets and other vehicle settings, BUT THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS:

There are two drivers with two keys with both Memory 1 and Memory 2 for the driver’s seat programmed. HOW DO I program the car so that when I use my key to unlock the car, Memory 1 for the driver’s seat is pulled up, while when the other key is used to unlock the car, Memory 2 for the driver’s seat is pulled up!?

Otherwise, why is “Parked-Car Ventilation” greyed-out and I'm not able to select from same? What does the feature do anyway; the car can turn on its HVAC fans at a preset time (i.e.: for morning and evening commutes at 8:30 AM and 5:30 AM, respectively)?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Somehow this is not working for me, but before I begin, please note IÂ’m very concerned with the potential to lose my seat/wheel/mirror adjustments, radio presets and other vehicle settings, BUT THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS:

There are two drivers with two keys with both Memory 1 and Memory 2 for the driverÂ’s seat programmed. HOW DO I program the car so that when I use my key to unlock the car, Memory 1 for the driverÂ’s seat is pulled up, while when the other key is used to unlock the car, Memory 2 for the driverÂ’s seat is pulled up!?

Otherwise, why is “Parked-Car Ventilation” greyed-out and I'm not able to select from same? What does the feature do anyway; the car can turn on its HVAC fans at a preset time (i.e.: for morning and evening commutes at 8:30 AM and 5:30 AM, respectively)?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Hi, first, each profile gets its own independent memory settings..m1 and m2.

Second, go to settings and profiles. Then create your own (move idrive to the right).

Name your profile and another one if someone else drives your car.

Now, the trick is to understand your key fob is not linked to a profile per se. It becomes linked to whatever profile was active when the car was locked. So, it's easy to screw up.

Program memory button 8 to change profiles to the alternate. Then, switch profiles, then program memory 8 to switch to your profile.

So, you hover your finger over memory 8. If it says the other persons profile, you know yours is selected.

You can also tell idrive to ask you each time the you startup the car what profile you want.

Next, there is no direct link between a profile and a memory button. Whatever seat settings were last used on that profile will return after it is reselected.

I agree there should be a direct link between a key fob and a profile. And, there should be a direct link between a profile and a seat memory.

But there is not as it only indirect.
Appreciate 0