BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
MTrey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Gran Coupe

Sirius Radio Presets

Picked up new 2013 750LiX and set up Sirius radio while driving home. Set up presets along with some AM & FM channels. When I started the car the next day, all of the presets were gone and the radio defaulted to 184 (preview channel). After 8 days at the dealer, it was returned to me with the statement "that's the new design" and all 7 series will have this issue. I drove the car home and called Sirius. They sent another signal and then said it is a problem that BMW is having and they cannot help. BMW from what I was told is not addressing this problem as they do not see it as a problem. Now the worst, every time I start my car the radio goes to 184 and no ability to save Sirius radio channels in the car. Anybody else have this issue?

Update:
I actually have a lifetime contract with Sirius and they have been very cooperative. The head unit was replaced and I have had at least 4 master resets. Now here's the reality- I have a profile created for both keys that are identical. After playing around with the system and speaking with BMWNA Customer Service, the presets showed up! I called immediately to question the fact that they contradicted themselves. It either works or not. Now I am confused. So here it is sometimes it will work (the way it should be) and the times that it doesn't BMW's position is that's the way it's supposed to be.

Previous F10 M5: 2014 Black Sapphire; Previous E93 M3: 2011 Jerez Black Convertible; Previous E93 M3: 2008 Alpine White Convertible; Previous E46 M3: 2006 Carbon Black Convertible; Previous E46 M3: 2004 Alpine White Convertible
Appreciate 0