BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-31-2016, 12:34 PM   #617
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Great win by the Cowboys last night. NFC East is going to come down to week 17 rematch.

Dak finally did what I wasnt sure he could, score TDs when it mattered. That 4th Q game tying drive and the OT game winning drive both were excellent drives.

One take away though is why do we always get away from running the ball? Zeke was on fire and we kept getting away from him at key times and field positions. And that int in the endzone was inexcusable. Even if that LB doesnt make a great read and jump the route, it was still double coverage. Seemed like Dak was trying to force things a little too much. Maybe that pressure of Tony coming back started to get to him.

Luckily, I think this win sets him as the starter unless something crazy happens. Hopefully that gets the pressure off him and he goes back to playing the fundamentally strong football he was playing earlier this season.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      10-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #618
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Great win by the Cowboys last night. NFC East is going to come down to week 17 rematch.

Dak finally did what I wasnt sure he could, score TDs when it mattered. That 4th Q game tying drive and the OT game winning drive both were excellent drives.

One take away though is why do we always get away from running the ball? Zeke was on fire and we kept getting away from him at key times and field positions. And that int in the endzone was inexcusable. Even if that LB doesnt make a great read and jump the route, it was still double coverage. Seemed like Dak was trying to force things a little too much. Maybe that pressure of Tony coming back started to get to him.

Luckily, I think this win sets him as the starter unless something crazy happens. Hopefully that gets the pressure off him and he goes back to playing the fundamentally strong football he was playing earlier this season.
Being a obvious Cowboys fan, but also someone who played football, basketball, and a little baseball back in the day (now my sons are) I can see exactly what was going on last night with Dak:

1. Dez returned! By now, it is well documented that Dez "wants the ball as much as possible!" That can be good and bad. Dak definitely was trying to force the ball to him multiple times. Most were unsuccessful. But the ones that mattered most, in the end zone were. Scott Linehan wants to keep Dez happy and so he tells Dak, "get Dez the ball". But that was not always the correct call. What happened to the # 1 receiver in Cole Beasley? He was essentially forgotten. I blame coaching staff not Dak for that.
2. Without question... Tony was scheduled to return last night! Dak, Jerry and Tony all knew it. BUT, Jerry is not a "rich dummy!" There was no foking way you bench the hottest hand in Dallas or the NFC! So, some added pressure on Daks plate caused him to force the plays drawn up for him. Where he should've improvised and read what the Defense was giving him. Cole was open several times.
3. Eagles brought unconventional and unseen blitz pkgs that caused some issues for the young man.

Now then... A QB in the NFL earns his $$$$ IMO on 3rd downs and the 4th qtr or in overtime. Dak certainly delivered when it mattered most! And THAT ladies and gents, is why he is not only Rookie of the Year candidate. But also NFL MVP candidate currently to me and many analysts out there.

This game finally allowed the world to see how this kid can/does respond playing from behind under huge pressure - in a divisional game - in Prime time with every NFL player, coach, GM and fans watching!
He will be stronger because of this game. He was already very good and very dangerous.
      10-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #619
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Fok!!!! Bengals couldn't pull off the win against Skins!
At least they forced the tie.
I got disgusted when it was 27-24, I thought my Redskins had blown another one, which they kind of did even though the walked away with a tie. They completely dominated the first half, the game should have been over before halftime.

side note: I had always heard about the Bengals being a 'dirty' team, I really had no idea why they had that reputation since I hadn't watched them recently. Now I know why. What a bunch of scumbags.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #620
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
That whole situation before half time I put squarely on the play caller. Dak runs the ball to the 5 yard line with about 1:40 on the clock. Eagles use one of their three time outs to stop the clock. Instead of running Zeke, like you said who was fire. They throw 1st and 2nd down, leading to an interception and no time run off the clock. Then Eagles get the ball at the 20 yard line, with plenty of time on the clock and 2 timeouts. They march down for a field goal and get the ball after half time.

Horrible game clock management and play calling in that situation.

Cowboys did it again at the end of the game. When they forced Eagles to punt and then proceeded to throw three straight incomplete passes, burning maybe 15secs off the clock. That could have easily lost the game for them.

Quote:
Yup, that and throw the ball down the field. Check and check.

He has a really strong arm, looks like he just flicks his wrist and the ball flies 50 yards.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 10-31-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
VRG_135836.50
csu872134.00
      10-31-2016, 02:48 PM   #621
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
That whole situation before half time I put squarely on the play caller. Dak runs the ball to the 5 yard line with about 1:40 on the clock. Eagles use one of their three time outs to stop the clock. Instead of running Zeke, like you said who was fire. They throw 1st and 2nd down, leading to an interception and no time run off the clock. Then Eagles get the ball at the 20 yard line, with plenty of time on the clock and 2 timeouts. They march down for a field goal and get the ball after half time.

Horrible game clock management and play calling in that situation.

Cowboys did it again at the end of the game. When they forced Eagles to punt and then proceeded to throw three straight incomplete passes, burning maybe 15secs off the clock. That could have easily lost the game for them.

Yup, that and throw the ball down the field. Check and check.

He has a really strong arm, looks like he just flicks his wrist and the ball flies 50 yards.
Yep, we all know Garrett tends to panic in the redzone and late in games with both playcalling and time management. Everytime I start to think hes got it figured out, he has a game like last night.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #622
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Although it was more the Cardinals beating themselves, so happy to see the Panthers finally win one yesterday.
      10-31-2016, 03:57 PM   #623
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Cowboys lose Church for 3-5 weeks(fractured arm) and Claiborne might need sports hernia surgery. Not good for the defense.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00
      10-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #624
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #625
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Cowboys lose Church for 3-5 weeks(fractured arm) and Claiborne might need sports hernia surgery. Not good for the defense.
Ffffffffffffffk!!!! Claiborne has been playing DAMN exceptional this season! But he has always been too fragile.

And Church has been solid back there too. I expect with type of "run" Dallas is having, Jerry will be auditioning DB's today!
      10-31-2016, 05:38 PM   #626
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Ffffffffffffffk!!!! Claiborne has been playing DAMN exceptional this season! But he has always been too fragile.

And Church has been solid back there too. I expect with type of "run" Dallas is having, Jerry will be auditioning DB's today!
debutantes?

Oh, sorry, this isn't the smackdown thread
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #627
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Wow... Vikings really?

I always say... a Divisional game is ALWAYS a toss up! They play each other much more harder than other opponents.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #628
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

I liked him as a player and he has been a good analyst. But after learning about this, I have zero respect for this sorry piece of shit! They should fire his stupid ass!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ounty-comments

Quote:

NFL Network has suspended Brian Baldinger for six months without pay after his inappropriate comments concerning Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk reported Wednesday.

Speaking with 97.5 The Fanatic last week, Baldinger said the Philadelphia Eagles should attempt to injure the rookie in their Week 8 battle.

"This is the guy that that we’ve got to hurt," Baldinger said (via Smith). "This is the guy that we’ve got to take out of the game. There’s got to be 10 guys that want to hurt him every single play. In fact, we may even put a little bounty on Ezekiel Elliott."

Elliott finished Sunday's game with 96 rushing yards and 52 receiving yards in a 29-23 overtime victory. The rookie leads the NFL with 799 rushing yards.

While bounty systems may have been common when Baldinger played as an offensive guard in the NFL from 1982 to 1993, the league has done its best to eradicate attempts to intentionally injure players.

New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton was suspended for a full season as part of harsh team wide punishments stemming from a bounty scandal in which coaches and teammates offered players money for injuring opponents.

Elliott escaped Sunday's game unharmed while leading his team to a big win.
      11-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #629
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

Quote:
I liked him as a player and he has been a good analyst. But after learning about this, I have zero respect for this sorry piece of shit! They should fire his stupid ass!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ounty-comments
They were talking about this piece of shit I'm Mike and Mike. Sad you have to try and hurt someone since you can't stop a ROOKIE!

Go Cowboys!
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00
      11-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #630
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Excited for this SNF matchup between Denver and Oakland. Should be a good game.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #631
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

hawks have a tough 3 game stretch coming up. need to get their shit together.

(offense)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #632
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

The Cowboys are so easy to bandwagon for. Since my team sucks yet again I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon. They are America's team!

We Dem Boyz baby.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00
      11-03-2016, 10:55 PM   #633
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
God someone shoot me.

Can't wait until the cowboys fail. F
      11-03-2016, 10:59 PM   #634
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

(offense)
Not going to beat Belichick in his house next week. That's for sure. The Bills and the Eagles will be a challenge, but they'll be home, and the crowd does play a part @ Centurylink Field. They'll split those two games (or better).
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #635
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

(offense)
Not going to beat Belichick in his house next week. That's for sure. The Bills and the Eagles will be a challenge, but they'll be home, and the crowd does play a part @ Centurylink Field. They'll split those two games (or better).
I'm going to be that guy. Against all my better judgement.

Upset alert next week at foxborough.
      11-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #636
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
I'm going to be that guy. Against all my better judgement.

Upset alert next week at foxborough.
Hahaha. Bookie would be diving all over you.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2016, 11:56 PM   #637
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The Cowboys are so easy to bandwagon for. Since my team sucks yet again I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon. They are America's team!

We Dem Boyz baby.
Dak is playing lights out man. Elliott is rushing like crazy. It's very fun to watch them Cowboys play.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00
      11-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #638
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

if dallas d can get healthy, they are foreal. offense wont take them far, just like atlanta.

playing a minnesota team, or seattle team come playoffs, will be very tough. altho they are pretty much the same team. great d, louzy offense. i sure hope wilson can get healthy.

i also hope darrel bevel gets relived of his coaching come next year
Appreciate 0