BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
NC F82
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F82

F01/f02 Spark Plug Recall!

I posted a thread about a jumpy engine in my uncle's 2009 F02 a while back. Recently it got so bad that one time he pulled out into traffic and literally the car just wouldn't get up and go, he was expecting the car he pulled out in front of to slam into the back of him (luckily it didn't!). Enough was enough for a car with a twin turbo 400hp engine that cost $100K you should be able to trust it, so we took it to the dealership. They said there was a recall coming out on the 2009 7ers spark plugs! They went ahead and replaced them, the car is like a whole new car! He is going to be receiving a letter about it, so I'd assume others will be too.

Just wanted to give everyone a head up about it!!
      09-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WNCBMW View Post
I posted a thread about a jumpy engine in my uncle's 2009 F02 a while back. Recently it got so bad that one time he pulled out into traffic and literally the car just wouldn't get up and go, he was expecting the car he pulled out in front of to slam into the back of him (luckily it didn't!). Enough was enough for a car with a twin turbo 400hp engine that cost $100K you should be able to trust it, so we took it to the dealership. They said there was a recall coming out on the 2009 7ers spark plugs! They went ahead and replaced them, the car is like a whole new car! He is going to be receiving a letter about it, so I'd assume others will be too.

Can you let us know what the spark plugs did for the car? Did it smooth it out, give more power, etc? Note that this engine has been in the X6 and there was no spark plug recall...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WNCBMW View Post

I just had my car in to get the chrome strip on the trunk replaced with the one that has the 'BMW individual' engraved. When I setup the service appointment on Wednesday, they told me that I could come in Thursday morning at 10:30 and it wouldn't take long and that I could wait while they changed the strip out. Well, when I dropped off the car on on Thursday morning, they told me that there was a recall on the F01/F02 spark plugs and that they wanted to update some software. So it turned out that I needed a loaner after all and it took them until Friday just before 5 to do all of that.

Now I never had an issue with the car or the engine, but if they want to give me new spark plugs and update the software to the latest and greatest and not charge me a cent for all of this, by all means then I will let them
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0