BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #23
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
I asked TWO BMW dealers, and both told me the same thing. I guess we will see.

Both said 7 Series Alpina will move upmarket and fill the Ghost slot. Rolls will focus on Phantom, Cullinan and Spectre.
Yet BMW has said there will be no Alpina version of the G70 7 Series...and the current model Ghost was all new in 2020, why would they just cancel it?

These dealers are full of it...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:54 PM   #24
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSLA View Post
Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself and my new i7 xDrive 60. My 2022 Tesla Model X is being bought back due to safety related issues so I didn’t have the luxury of ordering.

I had to search long and wide to find a car equipped with both 356 climate comfort glass and the autobahn package. Both of which I had on my prior G12, which was a special order that I worked on directly with BMW Individual in NJ with.

I wasn’t particularly looking for a car in luxury line or in Oxide Grey with the Cashmere interior, however I’ve always found BMWs and the 7 in general highly affected by optional equipment so I prioritized feature content. It’s quite the opposite of my special ordered G12, which was Frozen Dark Grey with no exterior chrome and a Tartufo interior.

I’m slowly warming up to all the chrome and the car has a unique presence. The cashmere is certainly interesting, I’m still warming up to the feel of it and questioning the long term durability of the material.

IMO the G70 feels two generations removed from the G12 and holistically different to other BMWs as a luxury product. Whereas the G12 was a bit less insulated and still had plastic door guards and rubber sills (closer to the rest of the BMW model range) the interior of the g70 is lined in carpet and felt door sills so there will never be squeaking when the chassis flexes over low speed bumps. The seats are exponentially more comfortable and the suspension tuning is miraculous in the effectiveness of the active roll stabilization and its capacity to have one rebound and be done when absorbing a bump. [...]
What exactly is “Autobahn Package”?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:19 PM   #25
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Yet BMW has said there will be no Alpina version of the G70 7 Series...and the current model Ghost was all new in 2020, why would they just cancel it?

These dealers are full of it...
Perhaps they mean for the next model or LCI!

Both dealers were very adamant about this, and I called our dear friend who works at an L.A. area Rolls-Royce dealer and he said they have been told there will not be a new Ghost. Current Ghost is nearing the end of its life, unless an LCI keeps it afloat for another 1-2 years.

I guess we will all just see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 01:38 AM   #26
CSLA
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive 60, EQS580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegogetem View Post
What exactly is “Autobahn Package”?
Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview and Active Roll Stabilization.

It’s the high end suspension option with active elements.
Appreciate 2
pegogetem129.50
deutsch1003949.50
      04-16-2024, 01:39 AM   #27
CSLA
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive 60, EQS580 SUV

Quote:

Both dealers were very adamant about this, and I called our dear friend who works at an L.A. area Rolls-Royce dealer and he said they have been told there will not be a new Ghost. Current Ghost is nearing the end of its life, unless an LCI keeps it afloat for another 1-2 years.

I heard directly from the product managers mouth for 7 series at BMW NA. Alpina is going head to head with Maybach. Rolls is making room for it. Makes sense to me considering the sales success Maybach has achieved and will further push Rolls-Royce upmarket.

Last edited by CSLA; 04-16-2024 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Auto Correct Error
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003949.50
      04-16-2024, 08:09 AM   #28
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i

Quote:

End of its life? The previous Ghost was around for 10 years, and the new one has been out less than 4
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 06:13 PM   #29
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560

Quote:

The Ghost is only 4 years old, it came out in 2020 as a model year 2021. The last Ghost was on sale for 10 years from 2010-2020. There may be no next Ghost, but thats still 6+ years away.

As for trusting dealers, I had to show my dealer the difference between the basic Bowers and Wilkins and the Diamond B&W...so I have zero confidence in dealers.
Appreciate 0