BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-25-2023, 03:19 PM   #1
magyosha
Rep
Drives: f02

updating maps and other stuff

Hi All
730LD . G!2 . 2016MY
yesterday i had planned on buying an FSC code for a map update as my maps were 2019 and also try and get coded so i can use android auto or at elase android screen mirrorin (hopefully full screen) . after i'd looked online i noticed that some models could not e done with USB and had to be done via enet. so laptop needed etc.
in the end i just bought the BMW store 1 year map upgrade as i assume/hop there will be a 2023-2 update and i might alos get the 2024-1 in the timeframe . so not to bad for the £79 they want for a year of updates. and then update with the download onto my usb stick.

anyway .
the question
my map/info said NBTevo_Y222291
and because of the _Y it meant any and all updates such as screen mirroring etc had to be done via cable ?
is Y the newest version ? and does that mean it has likely been updated while in the dealer
can anyone explain if this is right and why the _Y stops the ususal USB upgrade ..

while i'm asking . i have bimmercode, used it on my F02 quite a lot. there does not seem much of use to change/enable on the G series ?

Last edited by magyosha; 06-25-2023 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:20 AM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Y is the latest major version, yes. There are revision updates that is in the numbers but that's trivial for this conversation.

I assume that at some point, BMW decided to lock out USB coding for everything else than their own databases.
Appreciate 0