BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

05-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #23
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

KINDA BIG NEWS

about this topic

I just saw the new 7 series in all it's glory on a BMW commercial like 5min ago. Did anybody else catch it?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 02:01 AM   #24
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

i have a very bad feeling this car is going to be very ugly.
      05-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #25
slipknot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: omega 2.5

ok man u win , bmw sucks , I dont get it , looks like bmw and mercedes are going seperate ways then , Ill have to stick to my legions then Ill buy SL instead of 6 series
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #26
Tattedtwice
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 doors, 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
It's gonna be hard to beat out the S class. Merc really did an excellent job with the 550, granted they stole some ideas from bmw to make it. The styling, technology, & ride are spot on. I'm sure everyone who has had some serious time in the S class would agree.
Uh, no, this someone who's spent hours and hours behind the wheel of the 550 on a cross country trip would absolutely not agree. I hate that car and couldnt WAIT to get out of it. Ugly interior and dash, bloated, boring to drive.....easily the longest, most torturous drive of my life.

The current 7 walks all over that thing, without breaking a sweat, and I'm sure the new one will do the same. It and the A8 are MUCH better choices in this class, but thanks to the 550's name and star badge, to some people it can do no wrong (when in reality it does no RIGHT).
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
Uh, no, this someone who's spent hours and hours behind the wheel of the 550 on a cross country trip would absolutely not agree. I hate that car and couldnt WAIT to get out of it. Ugly interior and dash, bloated, boring to drive.....easily the longest, most torturous drive of my life.

The current 7 walks all over that thing, without breaking a sweat, and I'm sure the new one will do the same. It and the A8 are MUCH better choices in this class, but thanks to the 550's name and star badge, to some people it can do no wrong (when in reality it does no RIGHT).
i really dont know what your talking about... to me the S class drives just as well and is just as comfortable as the 7. i havent been in the A8 so i cant comment on its feeling. exterior styling wise id have to say the A8 wins by miles, but thats just me.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #28
rtfd241
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i x-drive

I have never liked the look of the Seven I think that it looks way to stretched and it looks like I will continue the same thought. Those wheels look terrible.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #29
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I cant believe how bland this is. It's unbelievable. Makes me wanna cry after the CS Concept

It also looks bloated. Look at the last pic, you can see how there is lack of any decent character line along the side of the car, instead you get the side/door panels in bulging out in a convex way.
Called Camo, hides the cars lines pretty well, doesn't it?

Wait till it hits the streets. Hopefully, it'll be a S class killer, if not, then BMW's got some 'splainin to do.

P.S. I LOVE the new S class. I absolutely adore it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #30
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

some new pics of a black one

Name:  new7.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  new7a.jpg