BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

2015 ADAC GT Masters

Oops I missed two races already that's not like me!
The first race of the season took place at Oschersleben back in April and this last weekend we had the 2nd race at the venerable Red Bull Ring in Austria

Instead of the pre-race buildup let's just mention the winners and reactions and get prepped for Race # 3 on 06/21 at Spa!!!

Second Gentlemen win for Jöst/Scholze
The Nissan driven by Jöst/Scholze finally ran without a hitch on Sunday, helping the Gentlemen drivers to their second class win of the season.

Nail-biting second Gentlemen win of the season for Dominic Jöst and Florian Scholze racing the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (MRS GT-Racing) in the ADAC GT Masters at the Red Bull Ring. After encountering technical problems on Friday and Saturday, the Nissan drivers' wish for a trouble-free race was granted. Jöst/Scholze drove to their second win of the season ahead of Corvette driver Remo Lips (RWT Racing Team). Jakub Knoll (Senkyr Motorsport) placed third in the Gentlemen class, aided by Lennart Marioneck.

Scholze was hemmed in at the first turn at the start and had to relinquish the lead in the Gentlemen class to Lips' team-mate Sven Barth, but the Nissan driver swiftly worked his way up the field once again. After the driver changeover, Jöst continued to hunt down the Corvette now driven by Lips and the Nissan overtook the Corvette 20 minutes before the end of the race. The order remained unchanged at the chequered flag. Marc Gassner in the second Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (MRS GT-Racing) came home in fourth place behind Jakub Knoll in the BMW. Gassner's team mate Florian Strauss had a technical problem at the start and dropped down a lap. The winner of the Nissan GT Academy driver development programme was subsequently unable to pull back the lap. Bad luck for Andreas Weishaupt, who did not get to see any action after his team-mate Christer Jöns was forced to retire the Audi R8 LMS ultra (C Abt Racing) after a contact during the start.

Florian Scholze was relieved to win: "At the start, I saw a wide gap in the middle, but then I got hit from behind and shunted into a car in front. I was worried that my race was over, but I found that I was able to continue after all. From then on, the race was a lot of fun. After the problems yesterday, we were just happy that the car kept going."

Dominic Jöst: "We weren't sure whether the car would go the distance, but everything worked OK. Towards the end, I was tailing a Bentley, but I was unable to overtake because my tyres were shot."

Remo Lips was pleased with second place on Sunday after his win on Saturday. "Two P7 finishes, one victory and a second place in the Gentlemen class - that’s not a bad haul for the weekend."

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

ADAC GT Masters: Comments after the race
Observations from the paddock after the second of two ADAC GT Masters races at the Red Bull Ring in Austria.

Adrian Zaugg (#63 Grasser Racing, Lamborghini Huracán GT3), winner: "I don't know exactly what happened to the Corvette. I could see that he had a problem two corners before I overtook him, so I made the most of the chance. This was the first victory for the new Huracán in a sprint race. Lamborghini can be very proud. I'm particularly pleased that we were able to give the Grasser team a victory in their home race."

Mirko Bortolotti (#63 Grasser Racing, Lamborghini Huracán GT3), winner: "We pushed really hard and got everything we could out of the car, as I'm sure you all saw. The key to our win was getting past Enge's Lamborghini with a good overtaking manoeuvre, after which I was able to put the leading Corvette under pressure. We were constantly getting a bit faster than the Corvette, and Adrian then put in a great stint to clinch the victory. I am delighted for Lamborghini and the fans; we've generated a fabulous atmosphere here and delivered a great race."

Tomas Enge (#25 Reiter Engineering, Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX), runner up: "We have absolutely nothing to complain about: pole position, a win and a second place, plus a maximum points haul of 50 points - it was just perfect. Today's race was a high-octane affair. It was full throttle right from the start. I tried to go easy on the car, but it just wasn't possible. That was by no means an easy race, but the weekend as a whole has been just fantastic. I also have to thank David. I wish he could be my new life partner - but only in a racing car of course!"

David Russell (#25 Reiter Engineering, Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX), runner up: "I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by our weekend. My thanks go to Hans Reiter and the team for their good work. Today was a little more difficult than yesterday, but Tomas handed over to me with the car in good shape. It's been a great experience to drive here. I want to compete in more races in Europe, and I hope this weekend will give me the chance. Thanks to the team and the competitors - everyone has given me a warm welcome, and the atmosphere has been great."

Klaus Bachler (#36 GW IT Racing Team Schütz Motorsport, Porsche 911 GT3 R), third: "I got off to a great start, moved up to fourth position straightaway and was able to maintain the pace. Then the air pressure in our tyres was a bit too high, which caused us some problems with the brakes, so we had to ease off slightly to be on the safe side. Too bad for the Corvette guys, but that allowed us to take the podium."

Philipp Eng (#36 GW IT Racing Team Schütz Motorsport, Porsche 911 GT3 R), third: "It's not often that you say you've got the most out of your package, but I can safely claim to have done that today. Klaus had a mega start, and we got the maximum out of our Porsche. I feel sorry for Callaway after they had to pit late, but that's all part of motor racing, and we gratefully accepted third position."

Florian Scholze (#22 MRS GT-Racing, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3), winner in Gentlemen class: "At the start, I saw a wide gap in the middle, but then I got hit from behind and shunted into a car in front. I was worried that my race was over, but I found that I was able to continue after all. From then on, the race was a lot of fun. After the problems yesterday, we were just happy that the car kept going."

Dominic Jöst (#22 MRS GT-Racing, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3), winner in Gentlemen class: "We weren't sure whether the car would go the distance, but everything worked OK. Towards the end, I was tailing a Bentley, but I was unable to overtake because my tyres were shot."

Remo Lips (#13 RWT RacingTeam, Corvette Z06.RGT3), second in Gentlemen class: "I took over with the car in fourth place and was a bit apprehensive. Then I really got hammered. But after that, I was able to drive at my own pace. Two P7 finishes, one victory and a second place in the Gentlemen class - that's not a bad haul for the weekend."

Jakub Knoll (#12 Senkyr Motorsport, BMW Z4 GT3), third in Gentlemen class: "I had a relatively trouble-free race. I just concentrated on my own race. In contrast to Oschersleben, we have made great progress here with our car and we've had a virtually problem-free weekend."

Jeroen Bleekemolen (#7 Bentley Team HTP, Bentley Continental GT3), P5: "We were surprisingly competitive, which I certainly wasn't expecting after the past couple of days. The points today are important, because if you want to be a contender for the title, you have to score on a consistent basis."

Daniel Keilwitz (#66 Callaway Competition, Corvette Z06.R GT3), P12: "We don't know the cause of our problem yet - apparently there was some damage to the rim or the wheel nut. Losing out for the second time on a potential win just a few minutes before the end of the race is a very bitter experience."
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert:

Difficult weekend at the Red Bull Ring
The BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert has experienced a difficult weekend at the ADAC GT Masters at the Red Bull Ring. Clauda Hürtgen (DE) and Uwe Alzen (DE) operated in the BMW Z4 GT3 with start number 19 with an eighth and a ninth place mitigation.

For experienced Dominik Baumann (AT) a disappointing home race. In the first race on Saturday he was not even behind the wheel because his partner Jens Klingmann (DE) had to park the BMW Z4 GT3 powered by HUAWEI with starting number 80 after twelve rounds because of brake problems in the box. On Sunday, the race for the launched from eighth Baumann was already completed after a blameless collision at the first corner.

Before the third race weekend of the ADAC GT Masters from 19 to 21 April at Spa-Francorchamps is the following week at a test at the Belgian tradition racetrack. There, the team will try to find solutions to reduce the obvious disadvantage in the area of ​​top speed compared to some competitors.

Timo Frings (Team Manager):
"Ten points for Claudia Hürtgen were this weekend at best damage control. It looks just let everyone know where we stand at the moment. In qualifying, we just do not forward. Our race pace is indeed very good, but overtaking is easy with our car currently difficult. Before Spa we are now once again try and hope that we find improvements.

Uwe Alzen (BMW Z4 GT3 # 19):
"The balance of performance does not fit in my opinion. We do it under normal conditions are not in the top 3 on the grid, because we have too little top speed. It's a bad feeling when the other cars drive past on the straight easy on one. "

Dominik Baumann (BMW Z4 GT3 powered by HUAWEI # 80):
"We knew that it would be a difficult weekend. But it is so bad, we would not have thought. If you just want the places eleven and eight coming in qualifying, one is at the start halt right in the middle field. Since it can happen a crash then, since I was just at the wrong time, wrong place. I'd like to drive a race to the end, but at the moment it is difficult for the whole team. I hope that we now have the two worst for us stretches behind us. "

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Good live stream link: http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/livest...t-masters.html
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 09:06 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

June 20th Spa Race weekend.
Calendar:
Free Practice 1 Fri 09:00
Free Practice 2 Fri 12:25
Qualifying 1 Fri 15:30
Qualifying 2 Fri 15:30
Race 1 Sat 12:00
Warm-up Sun 09:00
Race 2 Sun 12:00
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW Teams Schubert and Senkyr are racing this weekend!

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well, your cheering worked folks!

BMW duo Klingmann and Baumann set fastest time
The BMW driven by Jens Klingmann and Dominik Baumann set the fastest time in the first of two free practice sessions on a drying track at Spa.

After a one-season absence, the seven-kilometre Formula 1 track at Spa-Francorchamps is once again hosting the ADAC GT Masters, and with the usual Ardennes weather. The Super Sports Car League went into the 60-minute free practice session on Friday morning under grey skies and with light drizzle falling. So for the first time this year, the teams got the chance to fit the rain tyres supplied by Pirelli. With the track drying towards the end of the session, the lap times started to tumble, and in the last minute alone, the lead changed hands three times. Ultimately, the Top Four positions were shared out among two BMW Z4 GT3s and two Audi R8 LMS ultras. They were followed by a couple of Porsche 911 GT3 Rs.

The fastest lap on Friday morning was set by the BMW Z4 GT3 of Jens Klingmann and Dominik Baumann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert), which already has one victory to its credit at this venue - the ADAC GT Masters debut at Spa in 2013. With the surface rapidly drying out towards the end, Florian Stoll and Marc Basseng in an Audi R8 LMS ultra were 1.9 seconds adrift. P3 went to the BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert pairing of Claudia Hürtgen and Uwe Alzen, with P4 going to Daniel Dobitsch and Edward Sandström in a kfzteile24 MS Racing Audi.

Rene Bourdeaux and Robert Renauer making their first start of the 2015 season together in a Herberth Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 R clocked the fifth-fastest time ahead of a second Porsche entered by GW IT Racing Team Schütz Motorsport and driven by the pairing of Klaus Bachler and newcomer Martin Ragginger. Ragginger from Austria is one of three former winners of the 24 Hours of Spa who are competing in the Super Sports Car League in Belgium this weekend, the others being Bernd Schneider and Uwe Alzen.

Current championship leaders Luca Ludwig and Sebastian Asch (Team Zakspeed) drove the fastest of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3s, finishing FP1 in seventh place ahead of Clemens Schmid and Fabian Hamprecht in the faster of the two Bentley Continental GT3s (Bentley Team HTP).

The HP Racing Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 of Hari Proczyk and Bernd Schneider and the C.Abt Racing Audi R8 LMS ultra driven by Andreas Weishaupt and Christer Jöns took ninth and tenth respectively.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Spa Q1

1 Asch Mercedes
2 Jenns Klingmann BMW
3 Ragginer Porsche
4 Wackerbauer Audi
5 Dave Russell #22 Lambo
6 Stolz Lucca Bentley
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #12
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Hey! Dude, pay attention to your work!

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #13
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Right swipe!

Appreciate 1
      06-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Lol Flying Ace how about that 3rd pic, the one with the #25 car?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #15
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Lol Flying Ace how about that 3rd pic, the one with the #25 car?
RIGHT SWIPE DAT!