BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

BMW Motorsport Juniors To Compete in 24 and 12-Hour Races

Marathon outings for youngsters.
The BMW Motorsport Juniors are in action at the endurance races in Zolder and Brno

BMW Motorsport June 23, 2015

Races with the BMW M235i Racing form a key part of the BMW Motorsport Junior programme – and the four talented youngsters, Victor Bouveng, Nick Cassidy, Louis Delétraz and Trent Hindman, can look forward to two exciting new challenges under competitive conditions in 2015: the Juniors will compete in and gain valuable experience at the 24-hour race in Zolder and the 12-hour race in Brno.

“These two endurance races are a fantastic addition to our BMW Motorsport Junior programme this year,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “A 24-hour race like the one in Zolder offers an outstanding opportunity to put into practice what we teach the Juniors within our programme. Victor Bouveng has already made a good impression at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. I am sure that Louis and Trent will also take an awful lot from that race. All four Juniors will form a team together for the first time in Brno. That will also be a valuable experience for the four drivers.”

Their first start together is scheduled for the “Circuit Zolder” on 29th/30th August. This 24-hour marathon has been thrilling Belgian racing fans since 1983 and over 30,000 spectators are once again expected this year. Bouveng, Delétraz and Hindman will alternate at the wheel of a BMW M235i Racing at the 4.011 kilometre circuit. The car will be run by BMW Motorsport, in cooperation with Walkenhorst Motorsport. They will be supported by Dirk Adorf, their mentor in the BMW Motorsport Junior programme, who will also play an active role as the fourth driver. Cassidy will not be in action in Zolder, as the race clashes with his race schedule in Japan.
“I am really looking forward to racing alongside the guys in Zolder,” said Adorf. “All the 2015 Juniors have plenty of talent and are very quick learners. Endurance events like those in Zolder and Brno allow them to show that they can put what they have learned into practice under race conditions.”

The 12 Hours of Brno, which will take place on 10th October, is one of six endurance races that make up the 24h Series. The “Automotodrom Brno” is 5.403 kilometres long and one of the most iconic circuits in Europe. The race gets underway at 12:00 on Saturday and ends at midnight. Bouveng , Cassidy, Delétraz and Hindman will again race in a BMW M235i Racing in the Czech Republic.

Before the Juniors demonstrate their ability in a race environment, they must first undergo a number of intense training sessions at the iZone Driver Performance Centre in Silverstone. The quartet will use the high-tech simulator there to prepare for the race in Zolder.
Appreciate 0