BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #45
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
In Canada, the individual package will automatically give you the sports steering wheel and you can upgrade that to the wood inlay individual steering wheel (without the heating function). So that worked out perfectly for me

I love the way the piano wire inlay in the piano black finish looks. It is really nice!
I responded somewhere on this topic - you can disregard.

I see - in US we cant upgrade just the steering wheel
You guys in Canada get EVERYTHING

It worked out very good for you - you got everything u wanted - Indv pkg, Sport Steering wheel, and heated Steering! - You can't do that here in the US (bummer)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #46
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

xDrive (or anyone else who has actually seen champaign in person), can you tell me your thoughts on the champaign leather interior? I'm a fanatic for light interior colors; however on some monitors the champaign actually looks yellow. My wife teases me and says we're getting a 90k banana car. I expect it to stand out and be a bright and attractive color, though I am curious on just how "yellow" the interior is. Thanks.
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly View Post
xDrive (or anyone else who has actually seen champaign in person), can you tell me your thoughts on the champaign leather interior? I'm a fanatic for light interior colors; however on some monitors the champaign actually looks yellow. My wife teases me and says we're getting a 90k banana car. I expect it to stand out and be a bright and attractive color, though I am curious on just how "yellow" the interior is. Thanks.
The BMW individual Champagne Extended Merino Leather looks very nice and I wouldn't say it's a yellow (or banana for that matter) color. It has more of an beige hue to it. I decided to go with the Platinum color instead of the Champagne color because Champagne looks more like beige and I don't like beige interiors.

You can't really trust computer screens to make a proper decision on colors unless you have a calibrated monitor. Every screen will give you a different 'look' of the same image. You would really have to go to your dealership and ask them to show you the samples of the material you are interested in!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #48
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ciao all. I'm new to the forum and I too am awaiting my Ultimate Driving Machine. I'm be taking delivery of her at the Welt on 9 June! I'm counting down the days. This forum is great and I'm loving all the information that is here.

2009 750i Sapphire Black - Indvidual composition - Champagne with black piano finish. Luxury Seat Package - Premium Sound - Camera Package - Convenience Package - Active Roll - Ceramic Package
How did you get Saphire Black & an Individual ??? I believe the only Black option on the Individual car is Citrin - Am I mistaken?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #49
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
How did you get Saphire Black & an Individual ??? I believe the only Black option on the Individual car is Citrin - Am I mistaken?
Don't forget that he's in Italy!

I believe they can pick each individual option as they like (just like in Germany) and NOT like the ridiculous predefined 'packages' that we have to pick here. I wish they would offer us the exact same option selection like they offer to most European countries!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #50
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the update on the color. I very much like beige and I was hoping that the champaign resembled beige

I saw the sample, but there is nothing like seeing the car with the material in first person.

I live in Italy (military); however my order is American. I was limited to US specs but was allowed to get the individual with sappire black; my wife didn't want the cintron black
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #51
Fastbuck
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F01 740d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Don't forget that he's in Italy!

I believe they can pick each individual option as they like (just like in Germany) and NOT like the ridiculous predefined 'packages' that we have to pick here. I wish they would offer us the exact same option selection like they offer to most European countries!

That's very true. It's a bit of misnomer to have an "Individual" "Package" in the first place. The most personalised scheme i've come across is Range Rover's. You can take an item to them and ask to replicate either the exterior paint or the leather colour to match it. I think they call theirs Autograph.

Fastbuck
2012 F01 740d M Sport Alpine White Oyster/ Oyster
2013 E84 X1 1.8d M Sport Alpine White Black/ Black
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #52
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbuck View Post
That's very true. It's a bit of misnomer to have an "Individual" "Package" in the first place. The most personalised scheme i've come across is Range Rover's. You can take an item to them and ask to replicate either the exterior paint or the leather colour to match it. I think they call theirs Autograph.
BMW individual will do that for you as well (for a price of course)

I was actually considering having my seats done with a graphite piping scheme but decided against it when I found out that that would add yet another couple of month to the already lengthy wait time... but they do offer total customization, e.g. engraving your name into the dashboard, stitching initials or whatever you come up with into your seats, have them match and paint your car ANY color you provide them with...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #53
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update on the color. I very much like beige and I was hoping that the champaign resembled beige

I saw the sample, but there is nothing like seeing the car with the material in first person.

I live in Italy (military); however my order is American. I was limited to US specs but was allowed to get the individual with sappire black; my wife didn't want the cintron black
Very good - I saw both - and the Citrin Black is AMAIZING (to me)! I cant believe she did not like it, but Saphire Black was good looking too!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 11:28 PM   #54
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Update

The Car is build

Now the wait to get the car across the pond .....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #55
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Congrats brother! The days seem to go by so slowly when you're waiting for your new toy to be built. I have three more weeks for my production and 6 weeks for delivery. I guess we'll have to use 7Post as a support network to get us by
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #56
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BMW individual will do that for you as well (for a price of course)

I was actually considering having my seats done with a graphite piping scheme but decided against it when I found out that that would add yet another couple of month to the already lengthy wait time... but they do offer total customization, e.g. engraving your name into the dashboard, stitching initials or whatever you come up with into your seats, have them match and paint your car ANY color you provide them with...

Ok - I hate to sound like a broken record... but in the US - that is NOT the case. I appear to be limited to what the website lets you put together.
Nothing else. - Believe me, money was no object here.. I even wanted the eiiman Marcus which DOES have everything.

I hate when I get into my 7 series mood - cause I forget all the good things and dwell on the bad things (No active and Indv pkg, No rear iDrive, No choices of colors except the sets already put together,,,etc etc etc. ok - Im pissed again... gotta go.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #57
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok - I hate to sound like a broken record... but in the US - that is NOT the case. I appear to be limited to what the website lets you put together.
Nothing else. - Believe me, money was no object here.. I even wanted the eiiman Marcus which DOES have everything.

I hate when I get into my 7 series mood - cause I forget all the good things and dwell on the bad things (No active and Indv pkg, No rear iDrive, No choices of colors except the sets already put together,,,etc etc etc. ok - Im pissed again... gotta go.
Sorry to hear your 'pissed' again

In Canada, I can pretty much add any option I like or even change the (pre defined) packages but to be able to do that, I have to go through the special order process. There is a $400 or $500 charge for the special order (forgot how much the exact amount was). I can even get them to match the exterior or interior color to anything I like. BMW individual would provide me with a quote and a custom order code and then I can place my order for it. This may however take 6 month or so...

Have you talked to your dealership about the special order process?

If your dealership isn't capable of doing that, have you talked to a different dealership?

I'm not sure if BMW USA actually offers this, but I would assume they do.

Speaking of Neiman Marcus, that's where I actually got the graphite piping idea from

So after talking to my dealership and they got in touch with BMW Canada, I found out that this would delay the order by a couple more month and I really didn't want to wait THAT long.

Maybe for the next one... 760Li xDrive version (hope they will come out with an xDrive version of the 760!!!)...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #58
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Update: Boat arrived in Halifax yesterday, my car has been unloaded and is now waiting to be put on a train...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #59
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Update: Car is on the train heading my way...

Should arrive at the rail yard on Saturday.

I should be getting my car sometime next week... WOOHOO
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #60
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update: Car is on the train heading my way...

Should arrive at the rail yard on Saturday.

I should be getting my car sometime next week... WOOHOO
I feel like it was years ago I read about the car you have ordered.... This waiting game is torture!!! But this forum (and bimme r fest) does help kill time talking about it in the mean time.

Cant Wait xDrive50i - I want pics and all the good and bad on the car (we all know no car is perfect)- While I wait for my Euro Delivery in Germany - 27 days to go for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #61
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I feel like it was years ago I read about the car you have ordered.... This waiting game is torture!!! But this forum (and bimme r fest) does help kill time talking about it in the mean time.

Cant Wait xDrive50i - I want pics and all the good and bad on the car (we all know no car is perfect)- While I wait for my Euro Delivery in Germany - 27 days to go for me.
The wait is the worse part for sure. I'm under 7 days for my Welt experience and this week is going by so slow. I fly to Munich on Saturday, and the forecast calls for rain through Tuesday Oh well, seeing that brand new 750i all ready dubbed our "banana car" by my wife will make up for the bad weather.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #62
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The wait is the worse part for sure. I'm under 7 days for my Welt experience and this week is going by so slow. I fly to Munich on Saturday, and the forecast calls for rain through Tuesday Oh well, seeing that brand new 750i all ready dubbed our "banana car" by my wife will make up for the bad weather.
HAHAHA, "banana car" that's a good one
Hope you have a good time in Munich!

Have a good flight and let us know how it went and don't forget to post pictures!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #63
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Update: Should get the car on Thursday June 11th!!! WOOHOO!!!

Talked to the dealership yesterday. They will be picking up the car direct at the rail yard instead of having to wait for the transportation company to get around to deliver the car to the dealership.

After PDI, they have to wait on Boomerang (same as Lowjack) to install the new tracking system.

So right now, I'm scheduled to get my car on Thursday

Long range forecast calls for rain next Thursday
Hope this will change!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #64
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
I responded somewhere on this topic - you can disregard.

I see - in US we cant upgrade just the steering wheel
You guys in Canada get EVERYTHING

It worked out very good for you - you got everything u wanted - Indv pkg, Sport Steering wheel, and heated Steering! - You can't do that here in the US (bummer) :mad0260:
Everything but the heated steering wheel, our 760 Individual has the bi-color steering wheel in black with platinum accents. It is the 4 spoke steering wheel. But in any case the heated steering wheel option gets deleted automatically after selecting individual
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #65
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Update: Should get the car on Thursday June 11th!!! WOOHOO!!!

Talked to the dealership yesterday. They will be picking up the car direct at the rail yard instead of having to wait for the transportation company to get around to deliver the car to the dealership.

After PDI, they have to wait on Boomerang (same as Lowjack) to install the new tracking system.

So right now, I'm scheduled to get my car on Thursday

Long range forecast calls for rain next Thursday
Hope this will change!
Time is here Xdrive50i....you must be ecstatic and from the sounds of it you are
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #66
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Time is here Xdrive50i....you must be ecstatic and from the sounds of it you are
You better believe it
Appreciate 0