BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
stj7005
Rep
Drives: M3 e90 2011

Platinum and dirt?

Hi all,

I went to Frankfurt this weekend and the IAA 2011, great show . At the BMW stand I could, for the first time, see the Citrin and Moonstone with the Platinum interior.

The Platinum interior was much lighter than I expected. How does this color stand up against dirt? Anyone?

--
Stig
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Fairly well actually.

I have two kids and even with them it stays fairly clean (I have to note though that we don't eat in the car). The leather does get a slight hue darker from use but a simple wipe with a moist cloth will usually do the trick.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
SUBL1ME
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 750i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Fairly well actually.

I have two kids and even with them it stays fairly clean (I have to note though that we don't eat in the car). The leather does get a slight hue darker from use but a simple wipe with a moist cloth will usually do the trick.
Hi there, I see you're from the GTA, cool!

In regards to the leather, would you be able to tell me if Jean dye stains the leather (if you wear Jeans)?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Sorry, no one in my family wears jeans other than my wife who occasionally wears some, so I can't really answer that question for you. But for what it's worth, my kids managed to get some blue marker on one of the seats a while back. What had happened was that they were coloring with markers and didn't wash their blue marker covered hands before getting into the car and I guess they kept their hands under their legs while I was driving them to buy them new toys... Anyway, all it took was a moist cloth and after a few rubs the marker came right off and you can't tell it was ever on the seat. I was angry with them at first when I saw the stain, but was really relieved when I saw how easily it came off. I am actually quite impressed with the durability of the Platinum Merino Leather!

On the other hand, if you wear blue jeans often, I think you should consider a darker color as I can see that there will eventually be some sort of discoloration on your seats. I'm not sure if the blue dye will permanently transfer onto the seats or if it's just on the surface and can be removed again. One place you would most likely not get the blue dye out of is the stitching!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

It is pretty easy to maintain, we have platinum on our m3 and the 7 . I use leatherique for once every 6 months and leather masters soft/strong cleaner for spot treatment. It has been almost a year on the 750li and 6 months on the M3 and the leather still looks brand new.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
stj7005
Rep
Drives: M3 e90 2011

This week I received some really good news On tuesday will I get my 2012 740d xdrive.

I went for the Citrin Black. Will post pictures next week.
Appreciate 0