BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
skris
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 - Interlagos Blue

Feedback from current owners of 750i Active Hybrid

I am coming of an M3 and am looking to get into at a 2012 750i Active Hybrid.

Any feedback from the current 2011 Active Hybrid owners (I am not sure how many are actually on this board)

a. In terms of how the car drives in comparison to the other 7 series cars (local dealer did not have any 2011 left)
b. I heard it has much more power and torque - so during winters were the all season tires manageable or winter tires are a must.
c. Any reliability issues?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
skris
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
epr73
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid7

ohio? I have one in cincy. have about 12k miles on it and so far a few gremlins here and there but nothing major. The power is finicky, really depends on how charged the battery is. I took it to the track and ran a 13.4 before it started raining but the battery was depleted when I was about to launch... If you let it idle in a spot for about 10 min, itll charge the battery and its essentially like a 50 shot of nitrous when you hit into kick down. Very cool feeling when you realize its just electricity. I dunno if you've ever played need for speed games where you have to do drifts and stuff to earn nitrous but essentially its like that for this car, I tend to do let it drift to a stop longer and slam on the brakes if im trying to regenerate the battery. Very fast car, very heavy car, dont expect this thing to handle like a small car. Very capable at the limits but you feel its length. its a boat compared to the m3. I am happy with it and will enjoy it during my lease but I dont plan on releasing it again. avg mpg with spirited driving is about 22 mpg mixed city and hwy. lmk if you have any other questions.

to be honest, I miss my e66.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Cocodrilo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW activeHybrid7 beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by epr73 View Post
ohio? I have one in cincy. have about 12k miles on it and so far a few gremlins here and there but nothing major. The power is finicky, really depends on how charged the battery is. I took it to the track and ran a 13.4 before it started raining but the battery was depleted when I was about to launch... If you let it idle in a spot for about 10 min, itll charge the battery and its essentially like a 50 shot of nitrous when you hit into kick down. Very cool feeling when you realize its just electricity. I dunno if you've ever played need for speed games where you have to do drifts and stuff to earn nitrous but essentially its like that for this car, I tend to do let it drift to a stop longer and slam on the brakes if im trying to regenerate the battery. Very fast car, very heavy car, dont expect this thing to handle like a small car. Very capable at the limits but you feel its length. its a boat compared to the m3. I am happy with it and will enjoy it during my lease but I dont plan on releasing it again. avg mpg with spirited driving is about 22 mpg mixed city and hwy. lmk if you have any other questions.

to be honest, I miss my e66.
+ 1

The car is great, confy, lots of torque, smooth. Happy with it.
It does have a small glitch & haven't figure it out why yet, sometimes coming out of a stop the car will not launch (dead pedal) and stays in hybernation for 3 seconds. Looks like software related. I havent taken it to the dealer, as it happens rarely. Its a great business and fam cruiser. Easy to go fast.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
skris
Rep

Hi epr and coco,
Appreciate the replies. I am excited about the new car.

Did you feel the need for winter tires? Are you comfortable with the all season. I am leaning towards winter tires inspite of having all season tires as standard.
Any feedback int his regard?
Thanks
Appreciate 0