BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-09-2016, 05:21 AM   #1
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

Talking Spotify in the new 7

Hi All, Anyone running Spotify in the new 7?

I have spotify and was looking forward to it being integrated but reading this:

http://www.whathifi.com/features/bw-...6-hands-review

It seems its not as tight as Napster and Deezer. I@d love to download tracks to the HD and wondered if this is possible with spotify?

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

I have Android and the Spotify integration through the BMW Connected app doesn't work at all. I now use an old iphone as an ipod that connects through USB at all time. The IOS integration works a bit better but there are rooms to improve. For example, I cannot change track from my steering wheel through the HUD. The song list can't be loaded and shown in the HUD at all. The album arts are not shown consistently in iDrive plus a few other annoying items. I also don't think you can download any track to the HD.

If anyone have better luck on the Spotify integration on IOS or Android, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Mamafufu disappointing to hear it sounds no better to a normal Bluetooth connection to any car. My current car can't do any of that stuff either so was excited when I saw the Spotify app icon in the 7 series brochure. Let's see if anyone else has had better luck with it
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

The positive sides are:

1. The IOS integration with the BMW Connected App does work better but have rooms to improve as mentioned above
2. The iDrive interface does work and you can access Spotify playlists an other selected features
3. Given the IOS device is connected via USB, the audio output quality is better than Bluetooth. However, I do have the Spotify High Quality Streaming option enabled but can't tell much different through my Bowers and Wilkins system.

So, it is not entirely bad if you are streaming through an IOS device but certainly can be better. If you are on Android, need to be patient and hope it gets fixed one day. BMW, for sure, said the problem was in the Android's side.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 02:30 AM   #5
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
The positive sides are:

1. The IOS integration with the BMW Connected App does work better but have rooms to improve as mentioned above
2. The iDrive interface does work and you can access Spotify playlists an other selected features
3. Given the IOS device is connected via USB, the audio output quality is better than Bluetooth. However, I do have the Spotify High Quality Streaming option enabled but can't tell much different through my Bowers and Wilkins system.

So, it is not entirely bad if you are streaming through an IOS device but certainly can be better. If you are on Android, need to be patient and hope it gets fixed one day. BMW, for sure, said the problem was in the Android's side.

Wow the B&W must sound awesome

I really wanted it but it's over 4K and I couldn't justify it so went for the HK system.

Thanks for the info I do currently ie the iPhone 6 and I have the HQ option on Spotify so hopefully will be ok
Appreciate 0