BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Any way to disable Lane keep assist?

Its messing with my Valentine 1. Even when its turned off, it still activates the rear radars at 40mph, causing the V1 to false constantly on the K band. I need that to not happen. Is there a fuse for it? What else is on that fuse? I want to keep the blind spot monitors active, which is what I would assume it would share a fuse with. Anybody know for sure? Or maybe I can have it coded to activate at higher mph?

Valentine is at a loss. We tried turning POP off, which usually works, but it didn't for whatever reason. They said I could upgrade the detector to the newest version with Traffic filtering, but they don't know for sure if that will work either. Anybody know?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
E90Eric
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i LCI

Lane keep assist uses cameras to monitor lines on the road. Blind spot monitoring uses radar to scan for cars. Blind spot monitoring is your issue. Active Cruise and collision warning will also set it off. I have a V1 and am able to use it fine with all systems disabled except Lane Keep assist.
      10-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Great, so I'm gonna have the same problem with the F34 I just ordered. Purposely got Driver Assist Plus for the blind spot monitoring, so I guess I may as well just sell the V1. Thing falses more than it gets real hits.
Appreciate 0