BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #23
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Yeah, touch wood, this G11 has been flawless and no issues, noises, or anything even now with 32k miles on it...But one never knows and it is good to get the car first and have it for a while to ensure that everything is as it should be, then look to modify if one wants to IMO.

That sounds a nightmare about the C63S, I imagine they are great cars too, but sometimes there is a 1 in a 1000 that just has an issue. Did you see that youtube clip about the S600 AMG Korean bloke that took his golf clubs to his own car due to issues that the dealer said they couldn't fix...that was impressive damage, shame about dealers not sorting it though.

He's winding down at this stage, the original onslaught was crazy but here it is if you want to grimace!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du003tnXxHI

In any case the car should be fine and I'm just very cautious, but i have heard the ACE does need quite a bit of trim removed and the clips do break so worth doing it separate and making sure everything is good before and then after and being able to attribute anything should something come up. Likely overkill, should go fine.

My F01 was a great car as well, 113k and not a single creak or rattle in that whole time. I did have an issue when I first got it as the sat nav. decided to do an update and then apparently couldn't find the partition so corrupted the whole drive and when BMW dealer tried to replace the unit (same as yours) it apparently blew all three computers in the car and didn't know it was a car any longer, let alone a 7 series!

They sorted it obviously and I had a lovely loaner for about 2 weeks but wouldn't want to be trying to troubleshoot a few things to find out what is the cause...

I've sent an email to my local and they now forwarded it twice but no reply yet...will keep you posted. The Bournemouth dealer is a good one as is the Shrewsbury one were I bought the car so may ask those two as well.

Definitely going for it, will let you know.
      03-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #24
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Ouch. That's some serious damage to that S63 AMG but it is really frustrating when you've a problematic car that the dealer won't fix. I mean I get if it's intermittent and they are trying plus being nice to you I'd have no issues. However if they get a just not that bothered attitude then that really gets on my nerves.

I had to threaten to take them to court if they didn't let me reject the car. The law is on your side and I fail to see how they'd win the case but they sure do make it hard. Ultimately once their legal department got work of it they let me reject straight away so they knew the score. It had been in 8 - 9 times over 3 months. It was with the dealer for over 1 month of those 3 months.

They probably think I'm one of those nightmare customers at Mercedes but they created that by the way they treated me. You speak to my BMW dealer who would probably say I'm no hassle at all. Treat me right and fair is all I want. Things have faults, it's just part of life. It's not the end of the world and not rocket (Or weather) science to keep someone happy while they sort it.

Hopefully they don't break any clips when they fit it for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #25
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Classic "FORE!!!" door merc
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #26
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Classic "FORE!!!" door merc

I wonder what happened after he did that? Maybe have to see if I can find the story.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 12:05 AM   #27
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I heard, (so must be true!) that MB gave him a new one after all this negative press as it did go viral on FB...

Not sure if it’s true but hopefully they did get him sorted in the end.

Safe travels.
      03-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #28
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
So heard back from my local dealer, not good news I'm afraid...Email text below (with some contact info removed):

Quote:
Thank you for your recent enquiry with regards to the Advance Eye 2.0

Currently the part is not yet available from BMW so I dropped a message to them to see if there was any official release date of which they have informed us that there currently isn’t.

The best thing you could probably do wold be to periodically contact us to see if there is any update on the release date.

I will continue to do some of my own research into the product to see if anyone else has found out any information on possible release dates etc. along with pricing.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.
I'll contact Bournemouth as they were a retailer that the online shop did try to point me to...and I'll post back...

Let us know if your dealer could get a hold of it FLJB, could be an excuse for me to make a journey North(ish)!
      03-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #29
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah that sucks. Not even a release date. You'd figure it cannot be long if they are advertising it, have the specs of it and so on. Seems strange to have it in your shop as a listed item with all the specs but no release date.

Not heard back from my dealer yet on this.

Strangely I'll have to go in next week. Went to the train station this morning in my M5 just fine. Switched it on to come back and it alerted me I'd missed my oil change that should have been done in Feb... not a single warning before hand about this and last I looked it wanted 2k miles more.

So I've booked it in. Got a service pack on it so costs me nothing but still bit of a pain considering I'll only half it for half a month more.

Still some fresh oil will be good. I suspect I might give it one last rag before it goes back. Hehe
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #30
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Ah that sucks. Not even a release date. You'd figure it cannot be long if they are advertising it, have the specs of it and so on. Seems strange to have it in your shop as a listed item with all the specs but no release date.

Not heard back from my dealer yet on this.

Strangely I'll have to go in next week. Went to the train station this morning in my M5 just fine. Switched it on to come back and it alerted me I'd missed my oil change that should have been done in Feb... not a single warning before hand about this and last I looked it wanted 2k miles more.

So I've booked it in. Got a service pack on it so costs me nothing but still bit of a pain considering I'll only half it for half a month more.

Still some fresh oil will be good. I suspect I might give it one last rag before it goes back. Hehe
Gotta try and get it on two wheels!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #31
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Roll it into the dealer with slicks and the brakes on fire

My dealer just emailed about the dash cam, no date for it currently so seems the same as Pelo_Cat got from his dealer.

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 03-13-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #32
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Heh! That or they want to give you a few weeks of ‘fun’ before you potentially self-incriminate yourself FLJB!
      03-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #33
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Heh! That or they want to give you a few weeks of ‘fun’ before you potentially self-incriminate yourself FLJB!
I'll need it to automatically switch off when the G's get too high
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #34
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Roll it into the dealer with slicks and the brakes on fire

My dealer just emailed about the dash cam, no date for it currently so seems the same as Pelo_Cat got from his dealer.
Quote:
I'll need it to automatically switch off when the G's get too high
Brilliant, would love to see their faces in such a situation!

Shame about the dash cam situation, indeed even more so when the official website shop is showing it and then saying buy now! But hey, we all do silly things so I'll kiss and make up as long as they stock it soon.

Safe travels.