BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #89
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Another great episode tonight (#3 in the season).

Anyone else but me think Glenn isn't dead? I could be wrong, but I think Nicholas landed on top of him and the walkers were eating him. Glenn was getting splashed with the blood and gore, so it's going to mask him from the walkers just like the old Rick/Glenn stroll out of Atlanta (hope it doesn't rain though!). As well, the actor who played Glenn wasn't on The Talking Dead tonight. There's no way a main, Season 1 character isn't going to die and not be a surprise guest on the show.

I think Glen is still around, and I do think he has a date in the future with Lucille the Vampire Bat. Or, they could be saving that moment for Daryl. ;D

Very surprising about the end of Nicholas though, completely different from the comics.
I thought the exact same thing. Plus The Talking Dead right after the show mentioned, 'we will discuss Glen's fate' or something along the lines. So that's the other thing that made me think perhaps he's not dead. I guess we will find out shortly.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #90
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa
Quote:
Another great episode tonight (#3 in the season).

Anyone else but me think Glenn isn't dead? I could be wrong, but I think Nicholas landed on top of him and the walkers were eating him. Glenn was getting splashed with the blood and gore, so it's going to mask him from the walkers just like the old Rick/Glenn stroll out of Atlanta (hope it doesn't rain though!). As well, the actor who played Glenn wasn't on The Talking Dead tonight. There's no way a main, Season 1 character isn't going to die and not be a surprise guest on the show.

I think Glen is still around, and I do think he has a date in the future with Lucille the Vampire Bat. Or, they could be saving that moment for Daryl. ;D

Very surprising about the end of Nicholas though, completely different from the comics.
I thought the exact same thing. Plus The Talking Dead right after the show mentioned, 'we will discuss Glen's fate' or something along the lines. So that's the other thing that made me think perhaps he's not dead. I guess we will find out shortly.
Yep I'm thinking the same thing. Glen is probably still alive. Can't kill off the Asian man!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #91
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Glenn was getting splashed with the blood and gore, so it's going to mask him from the walkers just like the old Rick/Glenn stroll out of Atlanta (hope it doesn't rain though!).
The blood and guts of walkers is what masked them back then, not the blood of a freshly killed person. If anything, that would act like chumming to get great whites around the boat. I agree with others that Glenn isn't dead, but I don't think he could hide behind the blood.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #92
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Watching it now. Someone should start a thread called "In order for "blank" show to work, we have to insult your logic and intelligence" and list of all those things about the show that makes no freaking sense.

On this show, the premise is the zombies walk at half walking pace and snarl constantly but somehow nobody can ever outrun them and somehow the zombies always sneak and bite them in the middle of the field or woods.

I can't really feel sorry for that idiot for grabbing ahold to a guy who just shot his own self and is falling into a sea of Walkers. That was just foking stupidity. Just because he lost all hope doesn't mean I have to or will. I'm trying to scale that building like Spiderman!!!

This episode further emphasizes it's superiority over Fear TWD.... BIGTIME!
      10-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #93
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Am I the only one who does NOT watch Talking Dead??? I really think that is overkill and takes away from what I may think is happening or happened. I never watch it.
      10-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #94
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

I was pissed after watching episode 3. I was a little less pissed after watching talking dead.

Either way, not looking good for Glenn...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 05:21 AM   #95
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Am I the only one who does NOT watch Talking Dead??? I really think that is overkill and takes away from what I may think is happening or happened. I never watch it.
Me neither.
      10-27-2015, 05:34 AM   #96
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

It's not that bad. Some of you guys are overreacting. It's just a TV show. I didn't think it was that crazy of an episode.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #97
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

On one hand I don't want Glen to be dead, on the other hand - he should have listened to Rick.
      10-27-2015, 07:46 AM   #98
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I as well don't watch the Talking Dead. Right after TWD I'm switching to SNF immediately.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #99
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I like watching Talking Dead. It gives you a better perspective about the episode and they show some cool behind the scenes stuff. I also think Chris Hardwick is a pretty funny nerd.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #100
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Off topic because I didn't want to start a new thread, but are you guys watching this season of "Fargo"? The first season was awesome and this one looks to be the same. Again, this is the reason why I can't watch regular TV. The writing and acting on cable blows regular TV away.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #101
FrankieZ4
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0 si 6MT

I'm guessing Rick is going to lose his hand this season. I hear its in the comics, but much later.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #102
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood
Off topic because I didn't want to start a new thread, but are you guys watching this season of "Fargo"? The first season was awesome and this one looks to be the same. Again, this is the reason why I can't watch regular TV. The writing and acting on cable blows regular TV away.
Yeah agreed it is awesome. Unlike True Detective, new actors and new story didn't hurt the show at all. I think you could start another thread about it pretty safely.
      10-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #103
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieZ4
I'm guessing Rick is going to lose his hand this season. I hear its in the comics, but much later.
I somehow missed or already forgot whatever he did to his hand, but see it is pretty bad by the end of the episode. What happened to him to cause it?
      10-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #104
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I somehow missed or already forgot whatever he did to his hand, but see it is pretty bad by the end of the episode. What happened to him to cause it?
In the TV show he sliced it open when his knife broke off as he was stabbing a zombie. It was while he was running back to the RV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieZ4 View Post
In the comics it was chopped off pretty early. I wanna say the Governor did it. The scene is eerily similar to the scene where Jaime lost his hand in GoT. "Hey look over here... and I chopped your hand off".
      10-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #105
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I don't watch TTD either but since I always PVR the TWD it ends up recording a couple of initial minutes of the TTD.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #106
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieZ4 View Post
Rick loses his hand in the comics waaaaay before where we're at in the TV series right now. The Governor is the one who cuts off Rick's hand in the comics, we're several years past the demise of the Governor on the TV show now.

From what I've read, they don't want Rick to lose his hand on the TV show because it will cost a fortune to CGI out a major appendage for the lead character. Also, to me it seems like it's far too late now to remove the hand. You have to get to cutting immediately, or the infection spreads too fast. I'd say there's no way he's infected and the hand will stay.

Also, I did some reading on the Glenn situation and it's basically 100% confirmed he's not dead. There are photos of him (Steven Yuen) all over the web, continually shooting scenes with new characters like Jesus Monroe (who is a major character in the comics). Glenn fans can breathe easier now.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #107
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Glenn dies later in the comics. Of course they could change that but he also signed a new contract recently. I think Rick is fine because he cut his hand and he wasn't bitten. Can't wait to see the rest of the season after the crappy spinoff.
      10-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #108
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
In the TV show he sliced it open when his knife broke off as he was stabbing a zombie. It was while he was running back to the RV.
OK I did see that. I thought I missed something earlier and he aggravated it in that scene.
      10-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #109
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

After thinking about this some more today I don't want Glen to come back. The situation he was in is too dire. The directors have to believe that the entire audience of TWD is as braindead as the zombies if they think they can come up with a passable way for Glen to have survived.

Sure maybe Nicholas' body was covering his torso but what about his arms/legs? Is there some magic force field that keeps the zombies from penetrating straight through Nicholas' body and into Glens? It's just not feasible.
      10-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #110
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
After thinking about this some more today I don't want Glen to come back. The situation he was in is too dire. The directors have to believe that the entire audience of TWD is as braindead as the zombies if they think they can come up with a passable way for Glen to have survived.

Sure maybe Nicholas' body was covering his torso but what about his arms/legs? Is there some magic force field that keeps the zombies from penetrating straight through Nicholas' body and into Glens? It's just not feasible.
Not sure, but I can tell you they better have a damned good reason to explain Glenn getting out of this one. Tricks like this are kind of lame really, especially when he's not even on TTD show afterwards and there's photos of him all over the web still filming new episodes.

Jesus Monroe is making an appearance in the series soon, and considering what a major character he is in the comics, I have a strong feeling he's going to be the white horse that somehow saves Glenn. Don't ask me how, but it has to be a big entrance and saving Glenn would certainly be that!
Appreciate 0