BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
realast8
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster and 2012 750i

Ventilated Seats

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2012 750i under CPO warranty. I feel that the ventilated seats are not working properly. I really have nothing to gauge this but I find it is hard to believe that I have 3 settings and I can barely feel the air flow on maximum. I still get leg and back sweats.

The dealership first said that it could be the battery which was at 40% life and because of the weak battery, some of the comfort features disengage. After changing the battery, the air flow is still the same.

Then they said that the seats could be plugged from dirt. Although this car is 5 yrs old, it has only 55,000kms. It also doesn't explain why both seats have low air flow.

Then they said that they compared this to a similar 750 on the lot and the pressure was the same. I was given this excuse from them before so I said I will get back to them on this.

I have a suspicion that they know how to fix this but they don't want to take on the burden of the cost.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution? Or is a weak airflow normal and I am expecting too much from this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by realast8 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2012 750i under CPO warranty. I feel that the ventilated seats are not working properly. I really have nothing to gauge this but I find it is hard to believe that I have 3 settings and I can barely feel the air flow on maximum. I still get leg and back sweats.

The dealership first said that it could be the battery which was at 40% life and because of the weak battery, some of the comfort features disengage. After changing the battery, the air flow is still the same.

Then they said that the seats could be plugged from dirt. Although this car is 5 yrs old, it has only 55,000kms. It also doesn't explain why both seats have low air flow.

Then they said that they compared this to a similar 750 on the lot and the pressure was the same. I was given this excuse from them before so I said I will get back to them on this.

I have a suspicion that they know how to fix this but they don't want to take on the burden of the cost.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution? Or is a weak airflow normal and I am expecting too much from this?

Any help would be appreciated.
This is the one option I regret. Not because they don't work, but because it cheapens the look of the leather.

Plus, if a kid vomits or milk is spilled forget it, you are doomed.

Anyway, the ventilated seats are substantial in design. However, in practicality, its use is limited.

For one thing, aside from allowing you to rebreathe your farts, the fans just move around ambient. So, you will need to activate your floor vents to get the air under the seats to be cool. This way your getting cool air.

Don't fret about this. It's probably one of the few options that's more gimmick than tool.

Try turning the AC off auto and enabling the front (face) and floor ventilation. Then, click max AC, turn on the ventilated seats and cool your a$$crack while driving and smile knowing you weren't the idiot that put the ventilated seats into the original order.
Appreciate 0