BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Cocodrilo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW activeHybrid7 beast

Thumbs up From Porsche to BMW

Hi Folks!

Happy to be a new member here and for my first post

I am a happy owner of a Cayman S, great car, enjoying every bit of it over the last 3 years. Now due to commuting trafic, family, kids, garage space, all, its time for a break.

About to pull the trigger on a 2011 750i Hybrid. Reason for going the green route is the nice tax exemption where I live, Hybrids have 0 import duty, no sales tax, nada. So choices I have are the S400, Lexus or the 750...

Coming back from owning 3 BMWs, my choice of course is/will be the Bimmer. And this time, a pumped up version in green. How nicer

The BIG dissapointment: Optionals. According to BMW latinamerica, F04 options are limited to basic extras and no "individual" choices. This sux because I wanted the citrin black over cohiba leather, but learned that these are a no go

So I have to choose pretty much the few options some which appear on the BMW international configurator and even here, are not available yet for the F04. No sport packages, not so choices in wheels, nope. Just 3, pick your best..

I guess the extra BHP and battery in the hybrid can be considered as part of the "compromise".

So until I have the final list, here are my main choices:

Color: Sophisto Grey (looks nice in the conf)
Leather: Saddle Brown Light Dakota (for now)
trim: Grain Ash high gloss.

For the other extras, You can be sure if I can put a check mark in the small F04 list I will get it. I want it as fully equipped as possible. Even delete model designation haha j/k

As far as the interior leather, I am seriously considering Red Barrique interior. BMW Configurator pictures perhaps do no justice, so is anyone here seen it in the flesh? Dark Grey exterior, and red/black interior should be lots of fun

Anyway, really happy to be a new member, and Ill post some more as the final day comes by. Excuse my english, se habla espaņol.

Cheers

COCO
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Welcome to the forum and great choice on the F04!

I've seen the F04 a few days ago at the Canadian International Auto Show. They always have that special light blue exterior color on the Hybrids...

And no worries on your English
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0