BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Ulmi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M

Rear Seat Entertainment Multimedia Control

Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this.

Car: F02 750Li LCI MY2014

Question: When I open the Multimedia Menu from the rear seat, I can only select between USB RSE and Aux Back
Is it not possible to control the other sources from the back e.g. iPhone, USB slot, etc.?

According to YouTube this should be possible.

0:52min he opens up a menu which looks like all available sources

Regards
Ulmi
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulmi
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this.

Car: F02 750Li LCI MY2014

Question: When I open the Multimedia Menu from the rear seat, I can only select between USB RSE and Aux Back
Is it not possible to control the other sources from the back e.g. iPhone, USB slot, etc.?

According to YouTube this should be possible.

http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>

0:52min he opens up a menu which looks like all available sources

Regards
Ulmi
Hello,

From the rear, you can select most a/v sources. You can select radio, fm, am, Satellite radio.

You can select the 6 DVD changer from the rear. You can select the rear single DVD.

You cannot select a cd from the front single DVD drive.

Now, the phone is partitioned. Why? Because, BMW offers a cradle mounted built in rear phone.

So, if you plug an iPhone, for example, into the front cradle or armrest internal USB you cannot access from rear.

But, if you plug that same iPhone into the rear seat entertainment USB (under the rear seat temp control next to the RCA jacks, then you can control the iPhone from the rear.

Now, the same goes for USB drive. If you place the USB memory stick in the armrest USB, only the front can see it.

If you take that same USB stick and place it in the rear USB port (see above) only the rear can see it.

All of this makes sense when you have kids in the rear. They can access their phone's songs without disturbing the driver's phones songs. The same goes for USB.

Hope this helps. The only caveat is that my build is for the nifty fifty and not beautiful Munich.
Appreciate 0