BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

NBA Offseason/Free agency thread

Free agency officially begins tomorrow. Let's hope for an offseason with plenty of moves and the eastern conference becoming stronger. Tired of seeing the East being a cake walk.

Biggest FA names:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Jimmy Butler
Kevin Love
Monta Ellis
Rajon Rondo
Paul Millsap
Kawhi Leonard
Dwayne Wade
Draymond Green

and plenty more. (keep in mind some of these guys are restricted)
      06-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Doesn't matter to me. I'm a Knicks fan, and have no faith.
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Doesn't matter to me. I'm a Knicks fan, and have no faith.
Sounds like Greg Monroe is interested in being a Knick.
      07-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Looks like most guys are staying put. Lame.

Monta Ellis to Indiana is pretty interesting though with the return of Paul George.
      07-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Knicks suck completely.

they should try and sign Rondo and Robin Lopez
Phil Jackson should be beaten and fired from NY.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Knicks suck completely.

they should try and sign Rondo and Robin Lopez
Phil Jackson should be beaten and fired from NY.
I think you guys are being a little too quick to shit on Phil.

What did you expect to happen? The Knicks right now have nothing going for them except for Melo. Building a team back up without any young talent doesn't happen over one season. Rondo and Lopez would be good fits for them though, Melo has to pick it up and do some recruiting.
      07-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #7
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I think you guys are being a little too quick to shit on Phil.

What did you expect to happen? The Knicks right now have nothing going for them except for Melo. Building a team back up without any young talent doesn't happen over one season. Rondo and Lopez would be good fits for them though, Melo has to pick it up and do some recruiting.

Listen man, the whole organization sucks.
Anyone who fololw basketball with any observant eye know the knicks demise came about when Cablevision bought MSG and got the Knicks with it and father Dolan gave his black sheep son the "sports" division to keep him happy.

this happened in 1999 going into 2000 and that was the end of the Knicks.

the lone bright spot since them was when Donnie Walsh came and cleared cap space, drafted a ton of young players and NY'ers had a team they could cheer built around Stoudemire.
Melo Came along and it was downhill from there

here is what Phil did that was terrible. he traded away ALL of the Knicks assets for nada, nothing!
what did they get back for Tyson Chandler that made sense. Dalambert who couldn't last half a season and a PG past his prime and out of shape?
For a former DPOY and NBA champion who is still good enough to have signed another fat contract in Phoenix?

Why was Iman Shumpert traded? you have a young defensive minded player and you Trade him away for nothing? then go out looking for the same kind of player in the free agent market?

Here is another thing Phil did that was terrible. Hire Derek Fisher to coach. Fisher had Zero coaching experience and weeks before becoming a head coach was playing in OKC.
why not Mark Jackson? why not Patrick Ewing, why not any one of the many experiences coaches who were available? shouldnt it be that with all the money available to spend you strive for the best?
was Fisher the best Phil and the Knicks could get as a Coach.

Here is another Dumb thing that Fans ignore. Phil was a great Coach. he is not coaching now, If Phil had decided to Coach for a year or two, maybe the Knicks would have gotten free agents, because they would be playing for a coach who is a proven winner and knows how to get the most out of his players. but no , if you come to the Knicks you are playing not for Phil but for Derek Fisher....BIG DIFFERENCE

As for Melo, he should shut up. he had a chance to sign in Chicago and he chose to stay in NY./ He chose money over contending, so take your money and shut up.
If I were him, when he was a FA, my argument to the Knicks would have been simple. Either Phil sign up to Coach for two years or i'm not coming back as being 30 yrs old I'm not playing for a rookie Coach.
If he refuse I call a press conference, tell the fans goodbye, explain that i gave them a chance to keep me by requesting Phil Coach as it would give us the best chance to compete and he refuse so I wanna win a championship and i am going were I got the best chance to win.

Greatness isnt making excuses for failure, it is finding a way to get the Job done. So far every single person associated with the Knicks keep cutting checks and failing the organization

Dolan is one bloody Idiot!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #8
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Listen man, the whole organization sucks.
Anyone who fololw basketball with any observant eye know the knicks demise came about when Cablevision bought MSG and got the Knicks with it and father Dolan gave his black sheep son the "sports" division to keep him happy.

this happened in 1999 going into 2000 and that was the end of the Knicks.

the lone bright spot since them was when Donnie Walsh came and cleared cap space, drafted a ton of young players and NY'ers had a team they could cheer built around Stoudemire.
Melo Came along and it was downhill from there

here is what Phil did that was terrible. he traded away ALL of the Knicks assets for nada, nothing!
what did they get back for Tyson Chandler that made sense. Dalambert who couldn't last half a season and a PG past his prime and out of shape?
For a former DPOY and NBA champion who is still good enough to have signed another fat contract in Phoenix?

Why was Iman Shumpert traded? you have a young defensive minded player and you Trade him away for nothing? then go out looking for the same kind of player in the free agent market?

Here is another thing Phil did that was terrible. Hire Derek Fisher to coach. Fisher had Zero coaching experience and weeks before becoming a head coach was playing in OKC.
why not Mark Jackson? why not Patrick Ewing, why not any one of the many experiences coaches who were available? shouldnt it be that with all the money available to spend you strive for the best?
was Fisher the best Phil and the Knicks could get as a Coach.

Here is another Dumb thing that Fans ignore. Phil was a great Coach. he is not coaching now, If Phil had decided to Coach for a year or two, maybe the Knicks would have gotten free agents, because they would be playing for a coach who is a proven winner and knows how to get the most out of his players. but no , if you come to the Knicks you are playing not for Phil but for Derek Fisher....BIG DIFFERENCE

As for Melo, he should shut up. he had a chance to sign in Chicago and he chose to stay in NY./ He chose money over contending, so take your money and shut up.
If I were him, when he was a FA, my argument to the Knicks would have been simple. Either Phil sign up to Coach for two years or i'm not coming back as being 30 yrs old I'm not playing for a rookie Coach.
If he refuse I call a press conference, tell the fans goodbye, explain that i gave them a chance to keep me by requesting Phil Coach as it would give us the best chance to compete and he refuse so I wanna win a championship and i am going were I got the best chance to win.

Greatness isnt making excuses for failure, it is finding a way to get the Job done. So far every single person associated with the Knicks keep cutting checks and failing the organization

Dolan is one bloody Idiot!
Hard to argue those points, but at the same time I think you should give the guy a little more time. He's only a year in.

There's no doubt that Chandler trade was awful and I couldn't agree more about Melo's bitching. He chose the money over the opportunity to win and this is what he gets.

But let's see Porzingis and Grant play before we shit all over them.
      07-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #9
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
The truth of the matter is that no top free agent wants to play in NY. Why? Melo is the main reason. The Knicks shouldn't have signed Melo last season. They should have let him walk or do a sign/trade to get some draft pics back. Remember, Knicks don't have a 2016 1st round pick so even if they tank again this season that pick goes to Denver. Chandler in his last season with the Knicks gave up IMHO and always appeared to have an 'illness' so I had no problem with them trading him and Felton.

Also everyone talks about the 2016 FA class regarding Durant but IMHO I think he is on the decline. I wouldn't be surprised if next year at this time the Knicks trade Melo which would benefit both the Knicks and the other team that takes on his contract. Think about it for a second. Next season the salary cap explodes. A team can trade for Melo and take on only 3 years left on his deal vs paying some above avg player commanding more money overall than whats owed on Melo's deal. Knicks just need to rebuild. Porzingis and Grant may be the building blocks, maybe not. But they need to think about trading Melo as he doesn't make players around him better. He is just a pure scorer and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #10
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
The truth of the matter is that no top free agent wants to play in NY. Why? Melo is the main reason. The Knicks shouldn't have signed Melo last season. They should have let him walk or do a sign/trade to get some draft pics back. Remember, Knicks don't have a 2016 1st round pick so even if they tank again this season that pick goes to Denver. Chandler in his last season with the Knicks gave up IMHO and always appeared to have an 'illness' so I had no problem with them trading him and Felton.

Also everyone talks about the 2016 FA class regarding Durant but IMHO I think he is on the decline. I wouldn't be surprised if next year at this time the Knicks trade Melo which would benefit both the Knicks and the other team that takes on his contract. Think about it for a second. Next season the salary cap explodes. A team can trade for Melo and take on only 3 years left on his deal vs paying some above avg player commanding more money overall than whats owed on Melo's deal. Knicks just need to rebuild. Porzingis and Grant may be the building blocks, maybe not. But they need to think about trading Melo as he doesn't make players around him better. He is just a pure scorer and that's it.
Durant on the decline? I mean foot injuries are tough, especially for tall guys...but I gotta disagree there. I don't think we've even seen him in his prime yet.

Agreed on Melo, he does nothing to further the future of the Knicks...that is unless they somehow magically get a few high caliber players to join in the next couple of seasons.
      07-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #11
Iverson
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Is it just me or is the Deandre Jordan moveba big shocker aslo the Roy Hibbert to the spurs
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #12
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Durant on the decline? I mean foot injuries are tough, especially for tall guys...but I gotta disagree there. I don't think we've even seen him in his prime yet.

Agreed on Melo, he does nothing to further the future of the Knicks...that is unless they somehow magically get a few high caliber players to join in the next couple of seasons.
Idk, I just don't see Durant being a dominant force like he used to be. He'll sign a max deal come next summer and I know it won't be with the Knicks. Maybe another blessing in disguise. Also, I've been watching some video regarding Porzingis and the kid is very agile, though as all the reports say that he will get pushed around due to his lanky frame. However, he can shoot. The Knicks now have signed 4 quality FA's and got two first round pics. On paper Phil has done a decent job this offseason so we'll see how these players translate on the court. This Grant kid though might be a steal with the Hardaway trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iverson View Post
Is it just me or is the Deandre Jordan moveba big shocker aslo the Roy Hibbert to the spurs
Isn't Hibbert going to the Lakers? Good move for the Mavs but it won't put them over the top in the west.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Idk, I just don't see Durant being a dominant force like he used to be. He'll sign a max deal come next summer and I know it won't be with the Knicks. Maybe another blessing in disguise. Also, I've been watching some video regarding Porzingis and the kid is very agile, though as all the reports say that he will get pushed around due to his lanky frame. However, he can shoot. The Knicks now have signed 4 quality FA's and got two first round pics. On paper Phil has done a decent job this offseason so we'll see how these players translate on the court. This Grant kid though might be a steal with the Hardaway trade.

Isn't Hibbert going to the Lakers? Good move for the Mavs but it won't put them over the top in the west.
Dallas is going to leap frog clippers in the west
Okc going to be top 4 now that they'll have Durant / Westbrook healthy
Gsw still going to be top four

LMA
Duncan
Leonard
Parker
Green

That's a terrifying starting 5

GSG
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #14
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I think if Durant were to move anywhere, it'd be Washington. That'd be a scary Wizards team.

And yes Hibbert and now Lou Williams and Brandon Bass are headed to the Lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Dallas is going to leap frog clippers in the west
Okc going to be top 4 now that they'll have Durant / Westbrook healthy
Gsw still going to be top four

LMA
Duncan
Leonard
Parker
Green

That's a terrifying starting 5

GSG
I don't see the Mavericks being all that threatening. They lost Ellis, Chandler, and Aminu. So they're left with an over the hill Dirk, an offenseless Deandre, and Parsons. Their back court right now has JJ Barea starting at SG and Devin Harris at the point.

The Clippers lost Deandre, but they picked up Pierce and Stephenson. Two good pickups at SF, assuming Stephenson gets his shit together.

Spurs on the other hand, wow. Cavs/Spurs seems imminent right now.
      07-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #15
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think if Durant were to move anywhere, it'd be Washington. That'd be a scary Wizards team.

And yes Hibbert and now Lou Williams and Brandon Bass are headed to the Lakers.

I don't see the Mavericks being all that threatening. They lost Ellis, Chandler, and Aminu. So they're left with an over the hill Dirk, an offenseless Deandre, and Parsons. Their back court right now has JJ Barea starting at SG and Devin Harris at the point.

The Clippers lost Deandre, but they picked up Pierce and Stephenson. Two good pickups at SF, assuming Stephenson gets his shit together.

Spurs on the other hand, wow. Cavs/Spurs seems imminent right now.
SA just signed David West for the vet minimum.
You got Manu , Diaw, Mills and West coming off the bench !!!!
This is getting a bit unfair
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #16
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
SA just signed David West for the vet minimum.
You got Manu , Diaw, Mills and West coming off the bench !!!!
This is getting a bit unfair
Yeah awesome team. They need to lock up Mills though, I'm pretty sure he's still a FA. They need a backup PG as well with the loss of Joseph.
      07-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #17
jazredgt
Estoril Tings
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Mills was signed already.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #18
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

yes Patty Cakes is under contract

we will miss Sparkles and the Big Banger though
sad to see them go
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #19
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
yes Patty Cakes is under contract

we will miss Sparkles and the Big Banger though
sad to see them go

Sad to see them go but happy we got west and Aldridge and the Argentine Assassin returning for one last Hurray!

At least Splitter, Baynes CoJo and Bellinelli all left with a championship ring.
something they might not get elsewhere.....
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #20
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

I only feel bad for Marco, Sac is a train wreck ATM
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #21
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I only feel bad for Marco, Sac is a train wreck ATM
Can't feel bad for him, he choose to go there for more money.
      07-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #22
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Still waiting for the Knicks to make a splash. Could be waiting for eternity.
Appreciate 0