BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-17-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
Quantisbmw
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 750i

drove throw deep water puddle edc units damaged 2009 750i

I drove through a puddle of water on a rainy day. Literally probably 30 minutes later after driving all these lights in cold start popping up but my check engine light hasn’t came on yet, but I was getting all types of warning lights like EDC unit low energy charge batteryfog, lights, damp lights what else drivetrain malfunction but before that the car was riding real good no problems so I don’t know is it is it is it something electrical? I don’t know I’m trying to figure it out.?????
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 06:02 PM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Hopefully the water wasn't as deep as seen on the YouTube Channel, Rufford Ford, Vehicles vs Deep Water.

Honestly, any car older than 8 or so years, that has seen it's share of proper Winters and Summers, should NOT assume the electrical connector seals are still water-proof.

As you have found out, driving your car in the rain (even heavy rain) is NOT the same a water immersion.

Your best bet is to allow your vehicle to drain/dry (in a garage?), then run ISTA, clear the codes, then start working each "hard" fault one-at-a-time.

Let us know how you fair....
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 07:16 PM   #3
Quantisbmw
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 750i

Thank you M_Bimmer for that info i did that it’s seem to work without any money have to be spent other when i had to get it towed i did even know cars can go get damaged by water by a lil puddle.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 09:58 PM   #4
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantisbmw View Post
Thank you M_Bimmer for that info i did that it’s seem to work without any money have to be spent other when i had to get it towed i did even know cars can go get damaged by water by a lil puddle.
Your vehicle has fully recovered?
Appreciate 0