BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #23
Canthony33
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
What is it with the UAE (really the Middle East in general) that always has the perfect lighting at sunset? Beautiful car though!
Agree......+1
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #24
Ordered Analogue
Rep
Drives: 2013 740Li, 2011 Q7 3.0T

Hi guys,

Apologies for the late reply, been very busy with work,

Hardly have had any time to enjoy her, she's been in Comfort+ for most of the past 2 weeks

As for the colour, it's Midnight Blue Metallic. As per the dealer she's the first car with this colour combo to make it to the ME region. I was kind of skeptical of the combo while ordering it, but once I saw it in person I knew that I had made the right decision.

Thanks for the compliments guys, appreciate it.

As for the online services, I honestly have no clue how it worked prior to the 13's. I gotta say I find myself using the RSS feed services and weather forecast quite a lot. Very convenient features.

Thanks once again for the welcome guys. Hope to learn more about this great vehicle!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #25
ajdoha234
Rep
Drives: 740LI

Thanks for the color update. I live in Qatar and and twisting my brain trying to choose a color. Midnight blue is not an option but Imperial blue is and Im thinking of going with that, but man, trying to keep it clean will be hard. I was originally leaning towards Glacial silver but your car is making me lean towards Imperial blue (I know its not the same color but they are fairly close).
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #26
rharris612
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 750Li 2021 X5 2024 X5

Carbon black (I believe is what they call it) has a very dark blue to it. It looks black but in the light certainly looks very dark blue.

This is my first post (reply). I been reading these posts, saw your pictures, while looking hard at BMW. I can now blame you for costing me the price of a new 750Li.... Actually I have to thank you. Having owned mini-vans, several full size GM suv's, and not to mention raised three kids, I now am driving a sedan for the first time since my 1988 Saab 9000T. I traded a 2010 Cadillac Escalade Platinum for this 750Li.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #27
frieseke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

I really like those headlights too! The light line above them really pops. I wonder how bright they are vs the LED lights. By looks alone, they look fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieseke View Post
I really like those headlights too! The light line above them really pops. I wonder how bright they are vs the LED lights. By looks alone, they look fantastic.
LED spreads the light evening and produces more lumens per watt. Plus, you'll get the white light without any signs of yellow/blue if it's a cool white LED. I work with CREE LEDs quite a bit (I assume BMW uses either CREE or Phillips or Osram), it requires big heatsink and fans to keep them cool. I hope BMW puts big heatsink on those powerful lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
Ordered Analogue
Rep
Drives: 2013 740Li, 2011 Q7 3.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdoha234
Thanks for the color update. I live in Qatar and and twisting my brain trying to choose a color. Midnight blue is not an option but Imperial blue is and Im thinking of going with that, but man, trying to keep it clean will be hard. I was originally leaning towards Glacial silver but your car is making me lean towards Imperial blue (I know its not the same color but they are fairly close).
Imperial blue is fantastic too!

Reason I went for Midnight Blue was just to add a ' unique ' touch to the car. I love the slight shade of gold it has in it. And at night it goes to black.

Just did the first service on her @ 10K KMs, and now she's alive. I've grown to love this vehicle much more than my Audi Q7, which was my DD before this.
Appreciate 0