BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: what to do with the car
Contact lawyer to push for a fraud suit 5 50.00%
Contact lawyer to push to get the title 6 60.00%
Give the dealer ship even more time 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

06-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #23
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
So update to the issue. I FINALLY GOT MY TITLE thank freaking God

So here is the background. The salesman that I bought my car from, was selling his wifes old m3 through the company, no harm in that. I came in and purchased the car the day it was posted.

He took the check that was made out to the company and gave it to the fiance manger who in return gave him a check for payoff so that the title would get set to usaa after the US bank lien was cleared. This is where shits got hairy if you will.

The sales man took the payoff check which was made out to him ( fiancer/owners mistake) and cashed it in to his own bank and never paid my car off. He was recently let go from the company last month which is why he called me and told me to go up to the dealer. He ran a game on everyone. His replacement came in to pick up the pieces and basically told the owner of the company that he had screwed up giving the sales rep a check in his name instead of sending the wire him self to the bank to get the title. So the dealer now had to pay the money again. which of course they were not happy about and a criminal suit has been filed against the previous sales rep. The bank got the wire, and released the title electronically, the dealer called and had me come speak with them with the bank of the phone so everything was verified. I got my tag and registration Saturday. Thank god this crap is over. I learned a lesson when dealing with a smaller dealership to always now ask for proof of title on hand.
Ridiculous, hopefully that previous sales rep gets what he deserves
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #24
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I am surprised they would ever give a check for the full amount to the person when their is a lien on their car and hope the person goes ahead and pays the loan off. Obviously money in hand will have some not using it to pay off the loan.

I guess they won't be doing that in the future.