BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Taurian
Taurian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750i X-Drive Individual

Ordered my car today after MUCH thought...

750i XDrive, Citrin Black, Individual Package Amaro Brown, Luxury Package, Wood Wheel, Premium Sound, Heads Up Display, and those cool Ceramic Controls. I had a Mercedes S550 Designo Mocha, so this car looks to be the same setup, but I never had a BMW. I'm loving the sporty drive.

Car should be here in December, when my wife's Denali is due back. She just inherited my Range Rover Sport....for her next 3 birthdays!

BTW, I priced this car with 5 dealers here in NY...Jeff Martinez at Orange County BMW gave me a crazy deal, so much so the other dealers didn't believe it until I had it in writing. A few of my friends have received cars from Jeff, so unless you want to pay more, call this guy...really.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Congrats on your new order, I'm sure you're going to love it

One question though, I noticed you are in NY so the weather can get quite chilly too. So why the wood wheel? For looks or personal preference or was the heated sport wheel not something you could get on your configuration?

The wood inlay prevents the wheel from having the heated option!

Does the luxury package include all the cameras and/or the rear seat entertainment system?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Taurian
Taurian
United_States
Rep

I used to drive a MB S550 Designo Mocha Edition, and it had a wood wheel, and I just love the contrast. Yeah, it gets cold in NY, but I can handle not having the wheel heated. I had a heated wheel on the MB (the top and bottom parts of the wheel are wood, but not the "3" and "9" position) and it was nice, but I really didn't use it much at all.

In the US, the camera and rear seat entertainment are stand alone options. Luxury Seats give you power sunshades, heated seats, ventilated seats, and active seats.
      09-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Ah ok... just wondering

So you didn't get the rear entertainment package or the camera package?

Do you have kids?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

i love the camera package (and wish i had top view on the 7 but it wasnt out yet). I would tell you its a mistake to get the car without it. PDC is great, but i love the combination of them both. side view is more of a gimmick but i like it as well. I would also recommend the drivers assistant package. i have the f02 and the blind spot warning is a nice feature, and i love lane departure as well.

you wont go wrong with the 7, i had the benz's in the past, and once i switched to the 7 i couldnt go back. OCC sales are great. I have dealt with Chris Christisan there who is great, but we didnt buy the car there cause it was too far away.

CONGRATS!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I use the side view cameras every single time I park the car. I think it is one of the best additions they could have done to the car. When I pull the car into a parking spot, I turn the side view cameras on and move the car until the yellow lines on the display are in-line with either the markings on the ground or the edge of the curb. That leaves about 10+ inches of space between the front of the car and the actual markings/curb! It also helps you to make sure you parked the car nice and parallel... this only works on straight parking spots though, not on angled ones...

You can switch between the rear view camera and side view camera when you are in reverse by pushing the camera button... comes in handy sometimes in tight parking spots.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #7
Taurian
Taurian
United_States
Rep

2 kids, 6 years old. We do the long hauls in another vehicle, no need for TV's in my car, it may be nice in the Li. I'm sure the camera's and lane departure is cool, but it's personal preference, just don't feel the need for it, although I'm sure it's a nice option.

Plus, when I have my staff or clients in the car, I want them paying attention, not watching TV!