BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
markis64
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Alpine White 330xi

Garage List
3006 e90 330xi  [0.00]
Update on tickets

So I received my court dates for my 45 in a 30 and two window tint violations...

I called the court office to see what kind of finds I would encounter on each of the tickets. Turns out the judge was the one who answered the phone. She was NASTY. Down right NASTY. Anyway she told me that even if I showed proof of receipt of the removal of tints she was still going to give me a fine. I will probably have to pay for the speeding ticket as well which should be 140USD (ny state law). Im angry because the officer told me that if I removed the tints the court will dismiss the charge but the judge would have nothing to say about it. So I questioned her alittle further and stated why I was given false information about the window tint violation from the police officer, she said that he had no right to tell me such a claim. So here is my new problem.

1) Do I NOT remove the tints even though I will pay the fines 60USD for both tickets?
2) Do I remove and show receipt? Hoping she might dismiss them?
3) There is no way I am getting off for the speeding ticket based on her tone of voice so im screwed on that.

Any suggestions im steaming right now! :mad: :mad:

I would really hate to part with my tints I love the way they make the car look and I love driving with them. Please help!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Screw it! Leave em alone and constent the speeding ticket and see what she says.

I'm sure she won't have any idea it was you on the phone.

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #3
markis64
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Alpine White 330xi

Garage List
3006 e90 330xi  [0.00]
hahaha i dont ever get phone tickets i have blue tooth!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by markis64 View Post
So I received my court dates for my 45 in a 30 and two window tint violations...

I called the court office to see what kind of finds I would encounter on each of the tickets. Turns out the judge was the one who answered the phone. She was NASTY. Down right NASTY. Anyway she told me that even if I showed proof of receipt of the removal of tints she was still going to give me a fine. I will probably have to pay for the speeding ticket as well which should be 140USD (ny state law). Im angry because the officer told me that if I removed the tints the court will dismiss the charge but the judge would have nothing to say about it. So I questioned her alittle further and stated why I was given false information about the window tint violation from the police officer, she said that he had no right to tell me such a claim. So here is my new problem.

1) Do I NOT remove the tints even though I will pay the fines 60USD for both tickets?
2) Do I remove and show receipt? Hoping she might dismiss them?
3) There is no way I am getting off for the speeding ticket based on her tone of voice so im screwed on that.

Any suggestions im steaming right now! :mad: :mad:

I would really hate to part with my tints I love the way they make the car look and I love driving with them. Please help!
Most fix it tickets will be fixed if you stop by that pd. Try to see that officer if possible. They will check the windows, and throw away the ticket.

Maybe you could have the tint shop could remove the tint and put on a legal one..

PS. She sounds like a cvnt..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0