BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1100 mile Update

Well its been 1100 miles and almost a month since we picked up our F01. The license plate just arrived today and so of course that went right on.

I know Ryouken has had 2 HPFP replacements, one at around 1100mi, and then still kept getting long cranks. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but we haven't had any issues. From Day 1 it's always had Top Tier fuel in it because I learned my lesson in my 335i which after 5 pump replacements in 44k miles is still long cranking.

As for issues, there haven't been many but here are the few "BMW Brain-Farts" that have occurred.

-On day 2 of ownership we started the car and it said the right headlight was out, got out and sure enough it was. Restarted the car and it was fine

-I'm not sure if this is an issue with my moms older ipod nano or with the car but the ipod adaptor seems to freeze her ipod and she has to reset it to get it to work. I drove the car all day on Sunday and was in and out of it and had my brand new iPod Classic plugged in and it was fine so I think I'm just going to buy her a new iPod and see if that helps. I'll keep you updated.

-The throttle has gotten a bit better as it has begun to adapt to our driving styles but its still not great. I'm hoping a software update is in the F01/F02's future.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

sorry to hear about your little problems, but they are electrical which means that they are sooo hard to fix

i had my own electrical problems, and of course the dealer couldnt recreate the problem to fix it, as usual