BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #67
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i think any outcome that ends up with no lasting harm to anyone, and with this idiot kid never doing this shit again, is a good outcome. i do think public/social media shaming goes way too far in overreacting and causing lasting damage to people.

if the guy takes one good solid smack upside the head as well, i wouldn't be opposed to that either.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #68
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
He absolutely needs a wake up call. What I take issue with is people seemingly wanting to ruin his life or treat him as if he just shot their mother.
Sure, but it's pretty clear the OP doesn't want that. In fact, I'm not sure anyone - anyone here at least - truly wants that. Certainly that's not the prevailing message I see. I do see a few flippant one-line remarks in this thread here and there, but for the most part I think the consensus is that the guy really just needs a "come-to-Jesus moment".

Quote:
Finally, let the law do its thing.
Sometimes outcry leads to law enforcement intervention. So getting publicity is sometimes a necessary step toward that end.

However, given the circumstantial nature of the video footage, there may not be enough grounds for any sort of criminal charge. And that would not necessarily be bad outcome either - the negative publicity might be enough to send the proper message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
i think any outcome that ends up with no lasting harm to anyone, and with this idiot kid never doing this shit again, is a good outcome.
Well put.
Appreciate 4
Viffermike1753.00
jmg18493.00
      03-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #69
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Streets are not "public playgrounds" for driving like idiots. If you want to do that, go to a track where it belongs.
I understand that and believe it, although I don't want to be on the track with idiots either. My point is that everyone seems to be focusing on the Subie and not on the other possible results of their actions to take him down.
Appreciate 2
clutchdj1851.50
      03-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #70
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
if the guy takes one good solid smack upside the head as well, i wouldn't be opposed to that either.
& here is part of the problem. You cannot just go around assaulting people.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #71
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
i was thinking more like a dumb kid that gets smacked by his parent for doing something stupid. i was that dumb kid plenty of times even though i never did something as extreme as nearly killing someone on the road.

but i find your response interesting. any kind of violence is not appropriate, even for something as frighteningly stupid as that, huh?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #72
isloth
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #73
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isloth View Post
OMG it's Kim Jung Un?!
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #74
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i was thinking more like a dumb kid that gets smacked by his parent for doing something stupid. i was that dumb kid plenty of times even though i never did something as extreme as nearly killing someone on the road.

but i find your response interesting. any kind of violence is not appropriate, even for something as frighteningly stupid as that, huh?
I would love to hear someone try to legitimately explain to me how physically assaulting this kid solves anything and is ok. It's fine for a parent to bop him upside his head, but some stranger trying to play bad ass on the internet has zero right to assault him in this particular case.

Now if he tried to rape your sister, go fuck him up.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #75
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
But running them off the road is just fine, right?
      03-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #76
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
I would love to hear someone try to legitimately explain to me how physically assaulting this kid solves anything and is ok. It's fine for a parent to bop him upside his head, but some stranger trying to play bad ass on the internet has zero right to assault him in this particular case.

Now if he tried to rape your sister, go fuck him up.
It wouldn't be right to put hands on him but a stern talking to is definitely in order.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #77
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
What'll likely happen? He'll shut down his Instagram account ...
Looks like Victor Mendoza (yes that does appear to be his last name - see the video comments below) has made it private. Not surprising. I guess he a got a message. Perhaps not the message some may have hoped.

Skip to 13:30 : Outside blind corner with two motorcycles coming

He got a ticket, that starts at 18:30, took the LEO 30 seconds to catchup.

Check out double line drag racing starting ~8:30 on his Ojai Run.

Hack before these get taken down too I hope you collect screen grabs. Though a LEO may not do anything in terms of a citation having them show up at his home or better work to have a conversation would be in order.

Last edited by BeEmVe; 03-22-2018 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #78
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVe View Post
Looks like Victor Mendoza (yes that does appear to be his last name - see the video comments below) has made it private. Not surprising. I guess he a got a message. Perhaps not the message some may have hoped.

Skip to 13:30 : Outside blind corner with two motorcycles coming

He got a ticket, that starts at 18:30, took the LEO 30 seconds to catchup.

Check out double line drag racing starting ~8:30 on his Ojai Run.

Hack before these get taken down too I hope you collect screen grabs. Though a LEO may not do anything in terms of a citation having them show up at his home or better work to have a conversation would be in order.
He already got pulled over. Now you want LE to go to his house or his work? No. Especially no to his work. You don't fuck with a man's way to keep a roof over his head. This isn't a child support case.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #79
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
He already got pulled over. Now you want LE to go to his house or his work? No. Especially no to his work. You don't fuck with a man's way to keep a roof over his head. This isn't a child support case.
I like how you play devil's advocate. So I'm going to offer a different perspective.

That video was posted in 2016. It's now 2018 and he continues to pass across the double yellow with zero impunity. That last pass on the video shows him passing just before a blind corner where TWO motorcyclist, had they been 1-1.5 seconds ahead of where they were, would have absolutely been killed.

Nearly 2 years later he's still doing the same stunt. And after all the Instagram trolling, he's just going to go "private" mode and come back in 3 months after this blows over?

Um, no. While I do not advocate violence, I will punch the mother**k out of him next time I see him. And I will make every effort to make SURE that he is exposed for what he is. A serial double yellow crosser, dangerous and reckless driver on the road intent on killing others.

We've only been lucky so far that he hasn't killed anyone. Seriously.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 6
Viffermike1753.00
jmg18493.00
NickyC17356.00
AndrewC198910903.50
P111541.50
      03-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #80
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Quote:
When "The Hack" first posted up the video I figured it was a one off and why I doubted a LEO would do anything. However, as others have discovered Victor Mendoza seems to like to document his double line crossing on ACH and elsewhere. It is especially rich that Mendoza advocates staying in control and in one's lane but fails to heed his own words.

If you read the URABoob comments Mendoza got a ticket for speeding not for illegally passing. Regardless though that was a 1.5 years ago.

As for a LEO going to his house or his work. At this point someone needs to have chat with Mendoza. I would rather it be a LEO going to his house or his work now than a LEO going to the next of kin's house or work later.

Last edited by BeEmVe; 03-23-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #81
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
I just don't get your attitude of letting the idiot continue to endanger others and defending his right to do it.
      03-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #82
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I just don't get your attitude of letting the idiot continue to endanger others and defending his right to do it.
I already said it's not ok to act like he did.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #83
1mang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

FUCK THIS GUY.

No respect for public roads/safety. I hope he learns how much of a douche he is before something really happens from this. Just pass on straights and dotted lines when safe to do so...
Appreciate 2
jmg18493.00
P111541.50
      03-23-2018, 03:14 PM   #84
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Are you serious? His work? Yes LE should go to his work if he is PUTTING OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES IN DANGER. He doesn't get to excuse himself of accountability just because he needs to pay rent/mortgage. You know what fucks with a man's way to keep a roof over his head? Slamming into him head on in an STI.

No, we don't have to beat his ass, but this idiot needs his license suspended. Maybe he can ride the bus for awhile and get his head on straight. I really can't believe what a tool this Victor guy is. I'm up on ACH often, and people like this don't belong up there.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      03-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #85
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Well this douche went to big willow a while back.

I guess he was butt hurt by some Miata running all over his ass.

I agree OP should distribute this story to as many places as possible and to file a case with CHP/local sheriff. At least they will have something on file. All we can hope is a cool LEO will find Mr Douche and have a nice conversation with him and letting him know he is tagged.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #86
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Now we know what his problem is. He was hypnotized by the yellow air freshener flapping around - and now he's overly attracted to anything yellow. So, it's not his fault that he wants to ride the yellow line - he's a victim!
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      03-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #87
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Now we know what his problem is. He was hypnotized by the yellow air freshener flapping around - and now he's overly attracted to anything yellow. So, it's not his fault that he wants to ride the yellow line - he's a victim!
That freshener is really annoying. How can he concentrate with it dangling in his face like that?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #88
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
That freshener is really annoying. How can he concentrate with it dangling in his face like that?
Thought it was a poor mans G-meter.
Appreciate 2
jmg18493.00
msan402.50