BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Anyone willing to swap stock 18s for my sport pack 19s?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have a 2009 750i with the sport package. But I do not like the worse ride that 19 inch wheels bring. If anyone is willing to trade their stock 18s with me, that would be great.

05-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
vulcan747
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 545

If you have test driven the car with 18's, could you describe the differences.
Is it dramatically harsher? How much sidewall do you lose with the 19's?
Had my heart set on the Sports Package but do not want to compromise
ride comfort.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

From the reviews I've read it seems as though Sport Package 7's are just as comfortable if not more comfortable...
      05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
I have a 2009 750i with the sport package. But I do not like the worse ride that 19 inch wheels bring. If anyone is willing to trade their stock 18s with me, that would be great.
Just out of curiosity, what 'mode' do you most often drive in which gives you the 'worse ride' feel ???
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
jhans7154
Rep
Drives: 2007 530xi

I've test driven with and without sport package and the best ride was with the sport package.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhans7154 View Post
I've test driven with and without sport package and the best ride was with the sport package.
Please note that "Sports package" is nothing special - but a combination of tires, trim, and in the case of the 09 7er, the inclusion of active steering.

ALL 7 have the ability of doing Sports Mode Sport+, etc....
The tires are diff - but the diff is mostly cosmetics.

ie - In canada, you dont have to add the sports package and still add Active steering and Active suspension and diff tires - just not and the incl 19 tires and diff sport steering wheel.

dm
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

In Canada, the Sport package on the 7 series consist of:

Sport Package $4,500

Includes: Sport Leather Steering Wheel, 20" V-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 253, High Gloss Shadowline, Anthracite Roofliner.

The DD/ARS and IAS comes as a separate package:

Dynamic Handling Package $3,900

Includes: Dynamic Drive (Active Roll Stabilization), Integral Active Steering.

Or you can just add the IAS as a standalone option to your configuration:

Integral Active Steering $1,900
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Just out of curiosity, what 'mode' do you most often drive in which gives you the 'worse ride' feel ???
I drive in Comfort mode mostly, though on some big dip-type bumps Normal works better.

Regardless of whether the sport pack option makes the car ride better, a sport pack one should ride better with non-RFT that are an inch smaller.
      05-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
I drive in Comfort mode mostly, though on some big dip-type bumps Normal works better.

Regardless of whether the sport pack option makes the car ride better, a sport pack one should ride better with non-RFT that are an inch smaller.
Any rim style that is offered by BMW for the 7 series comes standard with RFT tires.

Unless you put non-RFT tires onto those rims yourself, BMW will only and always put RFT tires on them!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
In Canada, the Sport package on the 7 series consist of:

Sport Package $4,500

Includes: Sport Leather Steering Wheel, 20" V-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 253, High Gloss Shadowline, Anthracite Roofliner.

The DD/ARS and IAS comes as a separate package:

Dynamic Handling Package $3,900

Includes: Dynamic Drive (Active Roll Stabilization), Integral Active Steering.

Or you can just add the IAS as a standalone option to your configuration:

Integral Active Steering $1,900

This is what I mean...
Most of the items here are accessories... Wheels, Shadowline, roofliner, bigger wheels, etc...
The second section is more important, bet lets break it down:

Dynamics Drive can be added (in the US) without having the sports package.
And Integral Active Steering (Not avail separately in the US) is a new feature that should give you new abilities, but NOT a requirement to make the car "A Sports Model" Dynamic drive is not an option in the M6 yet, that is still a sports car

Think about it..
Years ago, you had to select the sports package to get a Sports Tuned Suspension, and what it appears now is that BMW can now tune the current suspension on the fly when I press the Sports button (now included in ALL 7's) on my car while I didnt choose the "Sports Package". Even if you dont purchase the Sports Package - you get the Sports, Sports Plus & comfort button functions on the car!!!

Am I wrong or missing something?
We used to think of sports package as a type of vehicle TUNED for this type of ride - and since it appears that now most BMW cars can achieve this by a press of a button (stronger suspension and tighter curves) that the package is now a list of accessories.
What say you? am I confused? Am I making sense? or just cookoo for cocoa puffs as I hear my kids say.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
This is what I mean...
Most of the items here are accessories... Wheels, Shadowline, roofliner, bigger wheels, etc...
The second section is more important, bet lets break it down:

Dynamics Drive can be added (in the US) without having the sports package.
And Integral Active Steering (Not avail separately in the US) is a new feature that should give you new abilities, but NOT a requirement to make the car "A Sports Model" Dynamic drive is not an option in the M6 yet, that is still a sports car

Think about it..
Years ago, you had to select the sports package to get a Sports Tuned Suspension, and what it appears now is that BMW can now tune the current suspension on the fly when I press the Sports button (now included in ALL 7's) on my car while I didnt choose the "Sports Package". Even if you dont purchase the Sports Package - you get the Sports, Sports Plus & comfort button functions on the car!!!

Am I wrong or missing something?
We used to think of sports package as a type of vehicle TUNED for this type of ride - and since it appears that now most BMW cars can achieve this by a press of a button (stronger suspension and tighter curves) that the package is now a list of accessories.
What say you? am I confused? Am I making sense? or just cookoo for cocoa puffs as I hear my kids say.
I think you are dead on, spot on, hit the nail on the head, you get the point
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
fav12
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750LI

swap stock 18s for my sport pack 19s

I have stock 18s on my 08 750LI with about 92% tread on all four tires and wheels are in excellent condition...no marks...lets talk...contact me...randy.bell8@gmail.com

Last edited by fav12; 08-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: added contact info
Appreciate 0