BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-26-2024, 12:39 AM   #1
CSLA
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive 60, EQS580 SUV

Bluetooth Microphone Default to Rear Seats

Has anyone addressed this infuriating bug? With my phone connected to Bluetooth and eSIM active, whenever I receive an incoming call the car reverts the sound and microphone focus to the rear and blocks out the front seats. I then have to manually go into the idrive settings while the call is active in order to adjust.

I’m sadly finding iDrive 8.5 to be a lot more buggy than MBUX in my EQS580 SUV, which is zero layer and quite easy to use. Don’t get me started on the accuracy of the voice recognition as well.

Vehicle is currently in service but they’ve never heard of the issue before, won’t be surprised if they come back with “can not reproduce”
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 06:46 PM   #2
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

I have not had this specific bug on my i7. Instead the bug I get randomly is upon connecting to my phone for Bluetooth and eSIM the system defaults the audio source to theatre screen even if it hasn’t be used on previous trip (or the last 10+ trips for that matter). It’s quite infuriating!
Appreciate 0