BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

New Window Tint Blocks 98% Heat by XPEL

The next generation of automotive window film has arrived. As one of the most trusted brands in automotive paint protection & window film, we are proud to announce the unveiling of the all new XPEL PRIME XR PLUS. A unique multi-layer nano particle construction. Unrivaled heat rejection properties. Superior clarity. Truly, XPEL PRIME XR PLUS redefines high performance window tint.

XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Video

For many automotive enthusiasts, window tint has always been about privacy and aesthetics. PRIME XR PLUS takes it to a whole new level. By utilizing ceramic particle technology, PRIME XR PLUS is able to deliver superior heat rejection like we’ve never felt before. Up to 98% of infrared heat can’t penetrate PRIME XR PLUS, ensuring your interior stays cooler than ever.

Name:  XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint.png
Views: 5397
Size:  371.9 KB

On top of that, XPEL PRIME XR PLUS provides SPF 1,000 UV protection, effectively blocking 99% of harmful, cancer-causing rays. It also helps prevent interior materials from fading, cracking, and degrading over time.

Name:  XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint 1.png
Views: 5104
Size:  376.4 KB

Drive down any road in the world, and chances are you’ll see a car with window tint that’s starting to degrade. Low quality film, improper install, and many other factors can attribute to the lifespan of your tint. Thanks to the lifetime transferable warranty offered by XPEL PRIME XR PLUS, you’ll never have to sweat about your window tint. Discoloration, fading, bubbling, peeling, cracking, and delamination are a thing of the past.

Name:  XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window TInt 2.png
Views: 4181
Size:  189.4 KB

So, if you’ve been thinking about upgrading the window tint on your personal vehicle, look no further. PRIME XR PLUS is rolling out to authorized XPEL dealers everywhere, and as the weather heats up, there’s no better time to stay cool.

Name:  XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint 3.png
Views: 4393
Size:  419.1 KB

For more information, be sure to check out the PRIME XR PLUS product page or visit the XPEL Installer Locator to find a dealer near you!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Located on LI NY . Rough pricing for this product installed ?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Where's the data/performance sheet for this product? I can't seem to find it on the website.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
What about in states where only 50% or 35% is allowed?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
How does this compare with the current nano-ceramic tints from 3M, F-1, and Huper Optik?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
It comes in 70/45/35/30/20/5% VLT, so there are plenty of options, all maintaining 98% IR heat rejection or better.

Last edited by dr.roro; 05-21-2018 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
XPEL343.00
      05-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

So, how much cooler will my interior feel when I get into my car with this tint, after it's been sitting out in the sun all day, on a 95+ degree day, compared to the same car, with no tint, or a competitor's ceramic tint, or whatever other tint???
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #8
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Nearly all well known tints are 97% IR reject and above. A lot of top end ceramic tints are also 99.x% on UV rejection as well.

I don't see the TSER numbers any where. Do not believe in the numbers tints give you online. This is something I always tell people looking for tints. You want to find out how the tint is, sit in the car and get a feel for it. There are no standardized testing for tints, so each number you see from 3M, Prestige, Xpel or Llumar etc are from them only. The numbers you see vary from test to test because each does it differently.

I'll with hold my judgement until then but so far there hasn't been anything different that hasn't been released on the market. I really don't like seeing people buy tints based on false information or ill informed. There is literally no such thing as tints blocking 99% heat from getting into your window. That does not exist. You have a window, heat will get through it.
MannyS357.00
Viffermike1753.00
      05-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Nearly all well known tints are 97% IR reject and above. A lot of top end ceramic tints are also 99.x% on UV rejection as well.

I don't see the TSER numbers any where. Do not believe in the numbers tints give you online. This is something I always tell people looking for tints. You want to find out how the tint is, sit in the car and get a feel for it. There are no standardized testing for tints, so each number you see from 3M, Prestige, Xpel or Llumar etc are from them only. The numbers you see vary from test to test because each does it differently.

I'll with hold my judgement until then but so far there hasn't been anything different that hasn't been released on the market. I really don't like seeing people buy tints based on false information or ill informed. There is literally no such thing as tints blocking 99% heat from getting into your window. That does not exist. You have a window, heat will get through it.
Yes, that was kinda my point with my comment above yours. Hate these advertisements that claim to be some kind of revolution, when it's the same crap that's already been available for years. Not to mention, the windows are not the only source of heat transfer into a car, so there likely isn't much of an advantage there, either.

Plus, don't dark colors, as in dark tints, attract more heat from the sun, anyway? Admittedly, I may not understand that part of the science of tints and the ceramics used. What I do know, is that in one of my cars that came with tinted windows of unknown origin, I feel more heat radiated through the driver's window, to my face, with the window up, rather than down.
Appreciate 1
jmg18649.50
      05-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #10
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Nothing remote start with AC and seat coolers on doesn’t fix.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #11
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Nothing remote start with AC and seat coolers on doesn't fix.
My i3 does this through the bmw app on my phone. Turns the AC on too. My M3 on the other hand, I believe is just air vent, no AC.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #12
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

This is in the wrong forum. Clearly a sales pitch.
Viffermike1753.00
      05-22-2018, 05:30 AM   #13
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
My i3 does this through the bmw app on my phone. Turns the AC on too. My M3 on the other hand, I believe is just air vent, no AC.
My corvette does this. My 135is can do the fans.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #14
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

XPEL Window Tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedmyf80 View Post
Located on LI NY . Rough pricing for this product installed ?
As labor rates vary based on location and installer experience, I can only give you a general range of what to expect. For a standard car without the windshield or sunroof, you can expect pricing between $600 and $800. Factors will be size of the windows, labor rates, etc...
If you need help locating an installer nearest you, please visit XPEL in NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Where's the data/performance sheet for this product? I can't seem to find it on the website.
Clark_kent,

We're having an issue updating that page but you can download the Spec Sheet right here. XPEL PRIME Spec Sheet

Quote:
Great question, PRIME XR PLUS comes in 5,20,30,35,45, and 70% so there will be a VLT (shade) that is legal in all or most states.

Quote:
How does this compare with the current nano-ceramic tints from 3M, F-1, and Huper Optik?
The other brands you mentioned also have a super high performance tint similar to our XR PLUS. However, we use a unique blend of nano particles that block IR (infrared) throughout the entire spectrum. We also use the nano ceramic on multiple layers of the product which boosts the performance. We also have a wider range of VLT's offered in this product line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
So, how much cooler will my interior feel when I get into my car with this tint, after it's been sitting out in the sun all day, on a 95+ degree day, compared to the same car, with no tint, or a competitor's ceramic tint, or whatever other tint???
There is no doubt that in 95+ degree heat that your interior will still feel hot when you get into it initially. That said though, with this film on your windows, it will feel much less hot and more importantly, your AC will be able to cool the interior much more quickly. So yes, it will still be hot, but less hot and it will cool off much quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
...Not to mention, the windows are not the only source of heat transfer into a car, so there likely isn't much of an advantage there, either.

Plus, don't dark colors, as in dark tints, attract more heat from the sun, anyway? Admittedly, I may not understand that part of the science of tints and the ceramics used. What I do know, is that in one of my cars that came with tinted windows of unknown origin, I feel more heat radiated through the driver's window, to my face, with the window up, rather than down.
Keep in mind there are three things that cause heat, IR (infrared), UV and visible light. One of the biggest contributors to causing heat is IR or infrared heat and that is the heat you can ‘feel’. Visible light is the next contributor and visible light is obviously the light you can see. UV is the smaller contributor to the heat cause but still a factor. So when our film product blocks 98%+ of the IR we knock out over half the heat causing element out of the gate, then the VLT’s come into play giving us ‘shade’. Think of VLT’s as a shaded tree. Ever stand beneath a big huge bushy tree? Lots of shade from that tree makes you feel cool because it blocks the visible light along with the other rays from the sun. Similar a darker VLT product will provide better performance because it provides better shading for you. UV is blocked by 99%+ with our film product but UV is one of the smaller causing forms of heat. Even with the maximum performing product like PRIME XR PLUS a vehicle will still heat up for a number of reasons. One you have the fact that vehicles are made out of metal and as everyone knows (or should know) metal absorbs heat therefore transferring it through the interior of the cabin. However when driving air cools all surfaces of the vehicle down which is one of the main reasons why if your sitting in a parking lot on a hot sunny day the a/c works harder to cool the vehicle down vs when your driving down the road with the wind cooling all surfaces of the vehicle including the glass.

Furthermore, the TSER numbers can be found on the Spec Sheet here XPEL PRIME Spec Sheet. * The performance data above was tested according to ASTM & AIMCOL standards. All values represented are as applied on 1/8” (3mm) glass.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #15
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
My 530e also. In Arizona, in the summer, I come off the 17th green on a golf course, take out my phone, and turn on the AC. By the time I finish the last hole and get to my car, it is comfortable and cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #16
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
This is in the wrong forum. Clearly a sales pitch.
Seconded ... and reported.

XPEL should know better.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #17
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
My 530e also. In Arizona, in the summer, I come off the 17th green on a golf course, take out my phone, and turn on the AC. By the time I finish the last hole and get to my car, it is comfortable and cool.
I was going to make a joke about not liking the heat since you have AC, but playing golf in Phoenix in the summer is damn impressive. Doing anything in that heat is impressive.