BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Viper Video Series

As enthusiasts, we all know the Viper has an attraction that goes beyond it's history, performance, and styling. The Viper has always been alive, but it's seems that it's always been misunderstood, possibly due to poor marketing or a lack of marketing.

So we independently started a project that was going to look at how far an owner would go to be able to drive their Viper through all 4 seasons. After realizing that a simple video was not going to capture the essence of the story, the project morphed into a 1+ year commitment called the Viper Video Series.

We assembled an Emmy Award winning crew to document in pure 1080p what makes the Viper, an endangered automotive species, so amazing. We've tried to make the series conversational so that we don't sound like a bunch of journalists or fanboy enthusiasts. It's hard to do, but we think we have filled that niche.

Episode 1 is officially out and we hope to have multiple more episodes to come as time and budgets permit (completely self funded currently). Please feel free to distribute the link, "like" the video, and subscribe to our channel to keep updated on our future videos. We've put a lot of time and money into this project so far and we hope you enjoy it and leave positive comments! Stay tuned for more.

Appreciate 3
      08-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

this is awesome!

from the moment i laid eyes on the RT10 ive been in love. Fortunately now im at a point in my life where I have a very awesome problem: which viper to get?

the Gen 2 RT10 has been my favorite hands down, wasnt totally a fan of the Gen 3. There are a lot of Gen 2 and 3's that are similarly priced. but the question is, do i want a 15 year old car? in my head im 90% saying yes
      08-28-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
this is awesome!

from the moment i laid eyes on the RT10 ive been in love. Fortunately now im at a point in my life where I have a very awesome problem: which viper to get?

the Gen 2 RT10 has been my favorite hands down, wasnt totally a fan of the Gen 3. There are a lot of Gen 2 and 3's that are similarly priced. but the question is, do i want a 15 year old car? in my head im 90% saying yes
Thanks! Every generation has it's special traits, but the Gen V is truly a world-class car, both on the track and on the road. It can be a daily driver and even a "winter-beater" as well will show later this year!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I vote you get the new acr and let me borrow it.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I vote you get the new acr and let me borrow it.
If FCA gives us an ACR, I'll let you know! Most likely, someone we know will be getting one so hopefully we will be able to incorporate it at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I've always loved the Viper, every year and generation. I don't understand why I don't see more of them on the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 10:23 PM   #7
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I've always loved the Viper, every year and generation. I don't understand why I don't see more of them on the road.
In a nutshell...crappy marketing by Dodge.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2015, 03:59 AM   #8
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Never really sure why it has not been marketed elsewhere, yeah I can understand no RHD for UK, however ideal for a lot of Continental Europe.

Interestingly, Fords release of the Mustang over here has seen (I believe) the next 48 months of sales already covered.

So there is a very real market for big engine cars out there.

I have loved Vipers for years and is my car of choice when over the Pond.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #9
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

I like the Viper...it's too bad it sounds like a UPS truck.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #10
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
I like the Viper...it's too bad it sounds like a UPS truck.
IMO, I love the deep baritone from the uniquely positioned V10. It doesn't sound like a fart box or a chainsaw, like many other cars with V6s and V8s. It's not mid and high pitched like some Ferraris and Lambos. It is a very deep, low tone. It is very hard to get the full sound on film or audio.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #11
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Their dealer networks suck as well. Walk into a Dodge dealer and ask a salesman or even a manger to tell you about the car or options, they'll be clueless
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #12
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
Their dealer networks suck as well. Walk into a Dodge dealer and ask a salesman or even a manger to tell you about the car or options, they'll be clueless
Sadly, you are correct. There are only a few dealers nationally that are experts in Viper sales. We interviewed one of them. He's a great guy, a true enthusiast, and honest. But most of the Dodge dealers are ignorant, rude, and dishonest when it comes to the Viper.

In our search, we even came by one that insisted that the Viper they owned was an automatic! They have never made an automatic Viper! One of the truly great things about this car. No excuses, raw, and pure. The Gen V is all of those and refined and top notch material, if that makes sense.
Appreciate 0