BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
bruno787
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 735i

tear on leather seats :(

is there a way to do a warranty claim on a very slight tear on the leather inserts? i just noticed it this morning while wiping the rear left seat (rear luxury seat package) and a 1" slight tear surfaced, its a very slight tear where if u put a little pressure, it almost disappears, but does show if u look for it. as far as i remember, the rear left seat was only sat upon twice as my rear passenger always takes the right seat.

im looking at some sort of goodwill warranty on this since i really have no clue how it came about, or if it was there in the first place. my car just crossed 1000 miles and 2 months old since bnew.

any thoughts????
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

it shouldn't cost very much even if you had to pay for it.
if the dealer is a good dealer they will do it for free to keep a customer happy.

but u got to risk it to get the biscuit.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
bruno787
Private First Class
Rep

the upholstery i think is like $500.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
is there a way to do a warranty claim on a very slight tear on the leather inserts? i just noticed it this morning while wiping the rear left seat (rear luxury seat package) and a 1" slight tear surfaced, its a very slight tear where if u put a little pressure, it almost disappears, but does show if u look for it. as far as i remember, the rear left seat was only sat upon twice as my rear passenger always takes the right seat.

im looking at some sort of goodwill warranty on this since i really have no clue how it came about, or if it was there in the first place. my car just crossed 1000 miles and 2 months old since bnew.

any thoughts????
If the leather is completely torn as in all the way through, it needs to be repaired from the inside of the seat and is usually a bit more costly than if the leather is just scratched up.
A scratch is usually fixed fairly easily depending on the type, length, width, and shape of the scratch. Talk to your dealership and see if they will do this for you for free. I'm with Raja, if the dealership want's to keep you as a valued customer, they would do this for free.
Otherwise, they should be able to recommend someone to you that can perform the repair for you.

I don't know how this works in your country, but here we have people that either come to you or at least they come by the dealership once in a while and do a bunch of repairs on the spot.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

[QUOTE=xDrive50i;6386319]If the leather is completely torn as in all the way through, it needs to be repaired from the inside of the seat and is usually a bit more costly than if the leather is just scratched up.
A scratch is usually fixed fairly easily depending on the type, length, width, and shape of the scratch. Talk to your dealership and see if they will do this for you for free. I'm with Raja, if the dealership want's to keep you as a valued customer, they would do this for free.
Otherwise, they should be able to recommend someone to you that can perform the repair for you.

I don't know how this works in your country, but here we have people that either come to you or at least they come by the dealership once in a while and do a bunch of repairs on the spot.[/QUOTE]
yeah unless it is a whole big area, i can't imagine it being 500$.
U got to risk it to get the biskuit.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Dealers do bend backwards if you are a valuable client, sometimes they will claim this under warranty and sometimes its internal goodwill as others mentioned.

It pays to be at goodterms with your service manager!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
bruno787
Private First Class
Rep

bmw philippines emailed me and will replace my leather seat under "goodwill warranty"......
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
bmw philippines emailed me and will replace my leather seat under "goodwill warranty"......
Good to hear that. Did you have to send them some pictures or did the dealer look at it?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Dealers do bend backwards if you are a valuable client, sometimes they will claim this under warranty and sometimes its internal goodwill as others mentioned.

It pays to be at goodterms with your service manager!
It most certainly does!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
bruno787
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Good to hear that. Did you have to send them some pictures or did the dealer look at it?
i emailed them pics of the tear since there is no bmw dealer in the city i live in, they have to fly in to do the install when the part arrives.
Appreciate 0