BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-03-2024, 01:57 PM   #1
Turmes
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Rear Suspension Issue

Hello all,

Yesterdays I was going to drive my car and I opened the door. At that time the rear suspension started to rise (as it always does) but there was a loud noise and it continued and I also heard some air pressure noise, as if it could not pump air.

After that day, when I opened the door for the first time, the rear suspension of my car did not rise. And I think the ride became even harsher and I hear rear suspension noise more.

Is there any way If I can see errors or what should I do in this situation?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 07:53 PM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
What you should do is take it in for service. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful but you’re under warranty. Let them fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:53 PM   #3
Turmes
Rep

Update;

I took car for service and they checked the car for over 3 days. After then they did not find any issues as they told me.

However what I notice is rear suspensions work much noisy on potholes and general ride is harsher than before.

What do you suggest me?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 10:37 PM   #4
seans
Private
Rep

Repeated raising and lowering of the air suspension will eventually require the help of the on-board compressor, which when engaged makes an extremely loud noise not too dissimilar to an electric, DC tire compressor.

While I will assume positive intent here and err on the side of caution that you’re noticing a nuanced difference in your vehicle’s driving, it could also be placebo as your attention has been directed to the suspension after hearing this noise.

If the service department says nothing’s wrong with the vehicle after a computer-assisted analysis, I’d be inclined to agree with them.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0