BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

View Poll Results: which color to choose
Black/Black Sapphire 10 55.56%
White/Mineral White 2 11.11%
Imperial Blue 1 5.56%
Space Grey 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

06-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
svd88
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 760i

Which color to choose?

I'm going to purchase a 750i, and it's friggin difficult to choose a color. Since I like many of the colors, my choice depends on public opinion
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by svd88 View Post
I'm going to purchase a 750i, and it's friggin difficult to choose a color. Since I like many of the colors, my choice depends on public opinion
This was difficult for me too.

I have on order for ED a Citrin Black Ext, Amarone Leather, Piano Black Trim.

I also like the Moonstone - but did not get a chance to see it in person and was worried it would look like a gold color - went with Black.

I have seen it after my order - and it is also a Beautiful color! Its like Silver with a light dot of gold in the paint - very nice! 85% Silver 15% Gold as it appears.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
svd88
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post

I also like the Moonstone - but did not get a chance to see it in person and was worried it would look like a gold color - went with Black.

I have seen it after my order - and it is also a Beautiful color! Its like Silver with a light dot of gold in the paint - very nice! 85% Silver 15% Gold as it appears.
How long does it take to wait? I am also thinking about placing an order for BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
As I stated before in other threads, color is a VERY personal issue. You should go with your gut feeling and don't second guess it. If you rely on the opinion of other people, then order your car based on what others like and once you get the car you don't like it, you are stuck with it and you aren't going to be happy. So go with the color YOU like best
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
How long does it take to wait? I am also thinking about placing an order for BMW Individual.
That really depends on your dealership. You need to ask them what production slots they have available for the particular car you want to order. They should be able to give you a rough idea of what week the production would take place and how long it takes on average for the car to get transported from the factory to the dealers lot. Just remember that that's only a rough estimate as there are a LOT of things that can change that time frame!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post

If you follow this link:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html

And click on the 'Individual' tab, you'll see that they are now offering a few more colors including a 'Brilliant White Metallic' and 'Ontario Gold Metallic' exterior color. I'm not sure about the Ontario Gold Metallic, but I do like the Brilliant White Metallic look
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750Li/ 2011 335i conv

Garage List
Well, the black is gorgeous, but labor intensive to maintain a streak free sheen. Been there ... done that. It made me nuts that I could see little streaks on the paint (even though others said I was crazy). After checking out a black and a dark gray metallic ("sophisto gray") 750 Li side by side, I picked the dark gray. With the oyster/black interior it was, in my opinion, the most beautiful of all the color combinations. The metallic paint glitters. The car is elegant from every angle. The color is new for BMW (and, therefore, rare).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
svd88
Rep

Thank you so much for your answers.
Well, I have slightly changed my mind. I will buy Titanium Silver. It is the best-looking F01 I have seen on the streets so far.
Appreciate 0