BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Audronasep
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 750I

Hill Descent Control (HDC) Fuse

Hello,

Recently purchased a 2012 750I which very pleased with. However, I found the center console auxiliary and the HDC would not function. I found and replaced the fuse for the Center console, but I am unable to locate the fuse for the HDC. Any Idea's?

I do not get a light on the console or on the dash stating it's function, So I figure it may be a fuse....

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Could be in the trunk, could be in the glovebox. Theres a paper in the back fusebox that "tells" you which fuse is which. See if you can figure it out with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Audronasep
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 750I

Mystery Pic of HDC fuse

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have the guide and it was helpful in determining the Aux within the center console. However, I the pics do not seem to correlate with the HDC within the Manual. A close Pic to the manual is the Speed (Cruise) control but it was not blown. I've also scanned the web, but no luck.

Can I just start pulling without issue and check all of them? Does the battery need to be disconnected first?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

I've been saying for years that BMWs stupid charts are worthless on figuring out what fuse does what. They seem to have no desire to spell them out though.

You can pull them and check them all, but there are tons of them. You don't need to disconnect the battery.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0