BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
BigdogsBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 750Li

Navigation & Software Update Questions 2006 750Li

Greetings and thanks in advance for any advice and or answers from fellow forum users...I'm new to owning a 2006 750Li and since it did not come with a Nav disc (not sure why?) I will be looking to buy a 2011 disc from the dealer (apparently the 2011's just arrived) My question is: Does any of the software IN the vehicles idrive system require updating OR will the new nav disc be all that I need? I just wondered if the menus would be different and have read posts of the newer models apparently needing software updates along with the newer nav discs AND it being a rather expensive ordeal. I'm sure I could get by with an older disc 2010 or so and see many for sale (most copies) that don't end up being reconized by the system BUT if someone had a authentic dealer purchased disc that they replaced with a newer one...maybe this would be a cheaper option and the question would be does any software in the car currently still need to be updated by the dealer to work with any new disc that I might buy and put in? I seem to be getting mixed advice and costs for all of this from different BMW dealers I've called asking about this...some say all I need is the disc and others say I need this , this, this $$$. I'm totally ingnorant to exactly ALL I need to make it work and would greatly appreciate hearing what I need from someone that doesn't have a vested interest in what I decide. Thanks for any reply someone might have time to make.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Captpola
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750 LI

Hey congrats! i also just purchased 2006 BMW 750LI, my first!! And mine came with the 2005 version. But i am also looking to purchase the 2011 and i have the same questions.
So how do you like it so far? Do you have any pictures? I just posted some of mine up right now
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
BigdogsBMW
Registered
Rep

Dude...that is a bad ass ride...very nice. Hey I had more responses to these same questions on another site...check it out http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126

To make the long story short...access the secret menu (you'll see how when reading thru the posts) and verify that you have the latest V32 software on the nav unit and then go to the dealer and purchase the latest 2011 discs 199.00.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Captpola
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750 LI

Hey thank you i appreciate it! Ok i will check those out, also i got the M 20' cross spoke composite 101 wheels on there and the hubcaps that were on there were peeling and had a chrome finish to them from previous owner, when i bought new ones, they didnt come like that and i was told they dont..any idea how to get the chrome finish on them?! any suggestions? anyone!

Also, where abouts in MI are you?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
BigdogsBMW
Registered
Rep

Also, where abouts in MI are you?[/QUOTE]

West side lakeshore area Grand Haven
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
little squirt
Private
Rep
Drives: supermoto

just load the new disc in and it will upload itself. No reprogramming needed.
Appreciate 0