BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Comfort Access Questions

Hello All:

Is it possible to program our 7's for the following:

1. Side view mirrors fold in upon locking the car and fold out upon unlocking and / or starting the car.

2. All doors unlock upon unlocking the car by use of Comfort Access on just any one of the doors (when you go to open the drivers door, all doors to unlock, instead of just the driver's door to unlock).

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
H.I.T
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

2. yes you can turn on the all doors unlock in iDrive.

and i have 1 question too, is it possible to close the trunk via Comfort Access key??
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

i know that you cant close the trunk via comfort access, only using your hand or the button on the trunk...this is for safety reasons.

as for the mirrors i dont believe that you can, not sure why as it would be nice to do
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

1. Not currently possible (although technically there is no reason BMW could change their software to do this). Maybe you should email HQ (in Munich) and suggest/request that feature for a future software upgrade!?!

2. This is programmable via the iDrive menu. You can select if you want just the driver door to unlock or if you want all doors unlocked. IIRC by default the all doors unlock option is selected (at least after they do a complete software update on your car, that's what it defaults this option to, as this is what happens to me every time I get a software update). IIRC there is also an option if you want the doors to automatically lock after you start driving.

The trunk can only be closed via the button on the trunk lid or by hand in NA as JBlackbelt pointed out. Apparently the trunk can be closed via the remote in some other countries! So again, this is just something they restricted in software!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
H.I.T
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

i saw a video on youtube that they can close the trunk via remote, maybe in France, but i cant find it now -.-
and one more thing, i cant play DVD when driving , i know it's all about safety reasons , but in Range Rover, when i'm driving, we still can play DVD but only audio, without video, it's very comfortable !! BMW, please add this feature !
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

On the iDrive screen the video turns off once you go faster than 5km/h but audio still plays. The video keeps playing on the rear screens.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Thanks the info xDrive. Unfortunately, if the rest of the world is able to do the discussed (remote control of the mirrors and trunk lid), BMW (BMWUSA) probably made the conscious decision to cripple our cars. Nevertheless, I'll be sure to send an e-mail! Maybe we all should!?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Mr 7
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2009 650i, 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
1. Not currently possible (although technically there is no reason BMW could change their software to do this). Maybe you should email HQ (in Munich) and suggest/request that feature for a future software upgrade!?!

2. This is programmable via the iDrive menu. You can select if you want just the driver door to unlock or if you want all doors unlocked. IIRC by default the all doors unlock option is selected (at least after they do a complete software update on your car, that's what it defaults this option to, as this is what happens to me every time I get a software update). IIRC there is also an option if you want the doors to automatically lock after you start driving.

The trunk can only be closed via the button on the trunk lid or by hand in NA as JBlackbelt pointed out. Apparently the trunk can be closed via the remote in some other countries! So again, this is just something they restricted in software!
1. My 2011 550i already does that, all you have to do is press the ribbed area on the door handle for about 4 seconds and the mirrors fold, and the windows roll up. I'm sure the 7 can probably be programed to do that specially since the 5 and the 7 share a lot of components together.

I can also vouch for the remote trunk closing thing my 550 does that flawlessly and I don't live in NA. I think I read somewhere that BMW restricted that feature because every one in the U.S is law suite happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 7 View Post
1. My 2011 550i already does that, all you have to do is press the ribbed area on the door handle for about 4 seconds and the mirrors fold, and the windows roll up. I'm sure the 7 can probably be programed to do that specially since the 5 and the 7 share a lot of components together.

I can also vouch for the remote trunk closing thing my 550 does that flawlessly and I don't live in NA. I think I read somewhere that BMW restricted that feature because every one in the U.S is law suite happy.
It would be nice to be able to have an option in the iDrive menu somewhere to select if you would like to have the mirrors fold in automatically once you lock the car and the engine is turned off. I have to try the 4 sec handle thing to see if it folds the mirrors in. It may be a way to fold them in but considering that I would have to stand by the door for an extra 4 seconds to fold them in, especially in rain or worse on snowy days, I don't think that's the way to go...

The remote trunk close feature works in quite a few different countries, but it has been disabled in the NA models...
Just as you said, there are WAY too many law suite happy people around here, so the few make it harder for the many
Appreciate 0