BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #45
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I feel that tonka is uber passionate about this... Must Google if there is a hatred with bicyclists and skateboarders... Too much fucks are given to the stupidity of two idiots...

Actually grew up skateboarding.

I think the passion is being mistaken for frustration about the amount of praise random idiots get for breaking the law by perpetrating some type of violence against another person in retaliation for being slighted in some way. I'm really tired of hearing "good, they got what they deserved."

The running of the stop sign in this incident has little to nothing to do with the actions of the skater. Saying he got what was coming to him is like saying it's cool to sit at a 4 way stop flinging rocks at all the cars that don't come to a complete stop. The amount of intolerance and snap judgements that happen as a result of social media has become disgusting. We watch 10 seconds of video filmed VERTICALLY (true tragedy) with a cell phone and in an instant, make decisions about who deserved what.

You may be right though.... too many fucks given. Besides, it's late enough now that i don't have to stand guard to keep the neighborhood kids off of my lawn. It's bed time.
      07-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #46
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

We've spent two pages debating and getting bent out of shape over a situation that none of us witnessed... End of the day, we believe what we want to believe, yet nobody here has any clue as to what happened??

If he did try to run him over, shame on Mclaren driver... If the kid did smash the windshield on purpose, double shame on him - because it is a felony vs the moving violation the Mclaren would've gotten... Key word here though is IF...

Are we certain the Mclaren tried to run him over? Are we positive the kid smashed the windshield on purpose? Do you have enough evidence to make your opinion hold up in a court of law?

Here's what we do know for certain, because let's be real, the video has a little bit of everything...

- out of focus and out of view as to exactly what went down
- shitty vertical video where had it been in landscape, we probably would've seen the actual haps instead of mr sentimental trying to capture the sunset
- the shoutout to Worldstar at the end which just adds to the credibility of what must be an iPhone3 / Samsung Galaxy 2 quality video

This is like the male version of the Taylor Swift vs Kardashians snapchat convo video upload...
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 05:20 AM   #47
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

WTF this thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #48
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
We've spent two pages debating and getting bent out of shape over a situation that none of us witnessed... End of the day, we believe what we want to believe, yet nobody here has any clue as to what happened??

If he did try to run him over, shame on Mclaren driver... If the kid did smash the windshield on purpose, double shame on him - because it is a felony vs the moving violation the Mclaren would've gotten... Key word here though is IF...

Are we certain the Mclaren tried to run him over? Are we positive the kid smashed the windshield on purpose? Do you have enough evidence to make your opinion hold up in a court of law?

Here's what we do know for certain, because let's be real, the video has a little bit of everything...

- out of focus and out of view as to exactly what went down
- shitty vertical video where had it been in landscape, we probably would've seen the actual haps instead of mr sentimental trying to capture the sunset
- the shoutout to Worldstar at the end which just adds to the credibility of what must be an iPhone3 / Samsung Galaxy 2 quality video

This is like the male version of the Taylor Swift vs Kardashians snapchat convo video upload...
First, shoei Bruh. You have a real talk side? Who knew. I kept waiting for the punchline. Second. What do you mean the "female version" of the Swift v. Kardashian thing? Whatchu train' to say?! #teamswift
      07-21-2016, 06:05 AM   #49
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Publicity stunt !
+1

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #50
t3chnobrat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I've watched the video several times. Lots of assumptions in this thread. No one knows what the driver's attention was focused on that caused him to miss the stop sign. No one knows where the kid was when the car stopped.

Being that the kid smashed the windshield from the passenger side of the car and the car was nearly halfway though the crosswalk when it stopped, my guess is that the kid was in the street coming towards the car. That too may have been what the driver was focused on causing him to miss the stop sign, maybe that's why he honked. Who knows? ....no one here.

The only thing anyone can be sure about is that the driver broke a traffic law and the kid committed a felony by willfully defacing someone else's property.
Your point about people not knowing what really happened is a fair one. You're right, maybe the kid wasn't lawfully walking across the street. Maybe the kid was unlawfully strolling down against traffic. Maybe the McLaren driver was warranted in honking. If that's the case, then I would pity the McLaren driver.

My punishment would not change, though. The driver still failed to stop at a stop sign (at minimum), and the teenager still committed vandalism.

But that's precisely why my punishment is independent about how I feel about the incident based on admittedly incomplete information and video evidence.
I too get the comment about people making assumptions BUT The kid was definitely already skating through the crosswalk starting from the opposite side of the cameraperson when the MC almost hit him. If you've ever skated, listen to the first few seconds. You can hear him drop the board on the road.and start skating across. He had enough time for about 4 pushes. You can also hear the kid stop first to avoid being hit as the MC rolls through and then the MC honks at him. Just sayin you can actually hear whats happening and common sense and physics fills in the blanks. Both made bad choices for sure!
2010 E92 335i :: ZSP :: 6AT :: 19" OEM/BBS 230's :: MHD Stage 2+ :: XHP Stage 3 :: ETS FMIC :: VRSF CL DP's :: AA CP & BOV :: Boost Addictions Diff Brace :: Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake :: High & Low Side OCC's :: RB ext PCV
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #51
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
I believe the person recording is at fault for not recording the whole incident
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #52
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90
I believe the person recording is at fault for not recording the whole incident
I blame the videographer for not giving prefab formulaic lectures to both the McLaren driver (for being an entitled rich guy with no respect for skaterbois) and the skater (for not respecting authority and the hard-earned possessions of others).
      07-21-2016, 07:08 AM   #53
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

If it was me, kid goes home broken jaw, broken skateboard.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #54
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
If it was me, kid goes home broken jaw, broken skateboard.
We're all Internet tough guys here but i have a problem with beating up a kid half my size over a broken windshield after i almost ran him over in a crosswalk.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #55
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
+1

Cheers
Robin

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #56
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chnobrat View Post
I too get the comment about people making assumptions BUT The kid was definitely already skating through the crosswalk starting from the opposite side of the cameraperson when the MC almost hit him. If you've ever skated, listen to the first few seconds. You can hear him drop the board on the road.and start skating across. He had enough time for about 4 pushes. You can also hear the kid stop first to avoid being hit as the MC rolls through and then the MC honks at him. Just sayin you can actually hear whats happening and common sense and physics fills in the blanks. Both made bad choices for sure!
This

On a side note

It's hard to keep your cool after someone honks at you in a crosswalk.

Appreciate 2
      07-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #57
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Reality is chasing after a kid and catching him may be the worst thing possible, you grab him, push him on the ground or hit him and you might be looking at battery on a minor and wish you could have just bought a new windshield.

Zero chance kid is looking at jail time for what he did.

Not saying the system is right or wrong but you have to be careful when retaliating for pretty much anything, especially when you weren't hurt, in danger, and the person is running away.
      07-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #58
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
We're all Internet tough guys here but i have a problem with beating up a kid half my size over a broken windshield after i almost ran him over in a crosswalk.
I'm not. I'm from NY. I had a guy hit the hood of my vette with his briefcase. I chased him on foot acrossthe street and pounder him on a bus. It's considered assault with a deadly weapon to hit a car while it's moving with anything. Kid needs jail. A pounding is off easy.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #59
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not. I'm from NY. I had a guy hit the hood of my vette with his briefcase. I chased him on foot acrossthe street and pounder him on a bus. It's considered assault with a deadly weapon to hit a car while it's moving with anything. Kid needs jail. A pounding is off easy.
Well, had that cunt stopped at the stop sign like he's supposed to and didn't almost run over the kid in the crosswalk in the first place, none of this would've happened.

Both acted like children but the kid was being a kid.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #60
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Video is gone but you couldn't see the kid and what he was doing so based on all that you can see kids at fault. Rolling at 2 mph is not cause for your windshield being smashe'd by a punk.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #61
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

How about nobody was right in the scenario and they all should be publicly hung and stoned?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #62
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Someone's always wrong and my vote is for not me
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #63
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Someone's always wrong and my vote is for not me
Your votes don't count. Presidents aren't allowed to vote for or against themselves. You must let the people decide. Unless we're going to be dictators instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #64
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
You think someone hits your car with a briefcase and it gives you legal rights you chase them down and "pounder" them? Good luck with that, I guess if you aren't caught it might work out ok.

I'm guessing you were completely innocent and it was just a random act and aren't you the same one that has needed a gun multiple times because of road rage incidents?
      07-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #65
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I like the idea
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #66
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
if you would have problems beating up a kid half your size, you need to hit the gym more.
Appreciate 1