BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
wjhughes420384
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li - Space Grau Metal

Tracking your 7 !!!!

I took my car to a BMW driver school last weekend. Lots of 3 series, a few porsches and corvettes. I highly recommend this for 7 series owners. I have the 4 wheel steering, the active roll stabilization, and the sport package. This car can do a lot more than you ever thought it could. I could catch any 3 series through the turns, and some of the Porsches and corvettes, the only thing that could run me down was the M3, and FRS(?) and one of the corvettes. It left all the other people flat footed. several other instructors came up to me in between track events and commented on how flat my car was in all the turns. I have a great pic of me running down a 330i with the ZHP Package on a high speed curve, it clearly shows the 330i leaning more than my 750Li!! I pushed my 7 harder than i had ever dreamed it could be pushed, and it responded. I did get a warning from the computer about brake temps getting too high, and after 8 track episodes it turned out that i had slightly warped my rotor. but that included unbelievable number of hauling down from 125mph plus! http://www.7post.com/forums/images/s...p.gif:thumsup: