BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

05-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Long Island Rim Repair Shop Recommendations?

Anyone have any recommendations for rim repair shops – to fix bent rims – on Long Island? I'm in Hewlett, NY and somewhere on the south shore of Nassau County (or close to JFK Airport) would be great.

Also, anyone know the going rate for same per wheel? Are discounts common for multiple rims? How easily are bent rims fixed? And how long should the process take?

Any additional insight on same appreciated; never attempted same before.

Thanks!

Last edited by dbs600; 05-02-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

And anyone know if it’s absolutely necessary to re-paint a rim after it’s repaired for having been bent?

My rims are bent and I’d prefer them not to be re-painted, as I’m concerned for loss of the original color, shine, finish and overall look, and the potential for a compromised quality that will not last / will chip / pit, etc.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm about to deal with my first bent wheel on my BMW without having wheel and tire insurance. As previously mentioned, I live in Hewlett on Long Island.

The bend is on the inside at back of the wheel, so no painting or refinishing necessary, thankfully.

I visited two shops today: Elite in Plainview and Wheel-Fix-It in Freeport. Also called Long Island Rim Repair in Freeport last night. Al's Hubcaps is an absolute no go; experienced major run around there before.

Elite wants $80 for the wheel off of the car or $100 if I leave the car overnight, Wheel-Fix-It wants $75 and only accepts wheels off cars and Long Island Rim Repair wants $80 for the wheel off the car or $90 if I leave the car. Long Island Rim Repair also claims they can complete the work in 3 hours.

Anyone know which shops Rallye BMW or BMW of Freeport sublet wheel repair work to and how much either dealer charges for same? And anyone have any experience with any or all of the shops mentioned; any better than the others; quality of workmanship, customer service, etc.?

A friend recommended 212 Motoring in Brooklyn, but I believe they sublet the work just like the dealers do. I did, however, visit Phenomenal Vinyl today in Oceanside; seems like a legit operation that may give Detailing Dynamics of Mineola a run for the money, but DD remains king, no doubt.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0