BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

My CPO is expiring next week due to age but I'll have close to 100k miles anyhow. I'm not insane (anymore) and won't ever own a bimmer out of warranty again...so time to warranty re-up. My car is a 2011 550i but that's irrelevant for comparison's sake as all bimmer's are in the same Route 66 pricing as "premium."

Here's the best that I found so far (only looking for 4-year length):
Route 66 Main Street 4/year 48,000: $2,713
I did find it for an very low $2,590 from another credit union but since I can't find an in to become eligible to be a member with them, they said I'd have to pay for the warranty in actual hard cash at the bank. I'm out of state and have no desire to go to Kentucky so that's not an option.

A few things I learned from Route 66 shopping around this time that I didn't realize when I blindly purchased a Route 66 warranty from Penfed on a different bimmer:

1. Pricing can vary significantly from place to place.

2. Most credit unions do not require you to have the vehicle financed with them to get the warranty.

4. There is actually a 4/year 48k (post 100k miles) warranty available. Inexpensive coverage from 100k to 148k, whoohoo, crazy!!!

5. Some credit unions will allow you to buy the warranty without even being a member.

Let me know if you found a better deal on a Route 66 Main Street 4-year!
Appreciate 0