BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #199
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

They could've at least aired the final episodes with JC before sacking him. It's like getting jerked off but cut before the finale.
      03-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #200
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
In his Daily Mail column, Morgan himself revealed that the combative duo had declared a truce after a "five-hour long drinking session at a pub" last summer.

According to Morgan, Clarkson initiated the the peacemaking process by sending the fired-CNN host an early morning text message requesting that they "end it."

At the pub, the "Top Gear" host told Morgan:

I’m going through a difficult divorce, my first ex-wife has also came out of the woodwork to give me hell, I’m smoking too much, drinking too much, my back hurts, I’m all over the papers with this N-word scandal, I’m at war with my BBC bosses, and my mother has just died. I simply don’t have the energy for you any more.

Graciously, Morgan replied by telling Clarkson that he was glad the feud was coming to an end because he had run out of "vile epithets" to direct at arch-nemesis, as well as ways to call Clarkson "fat and useless."
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/top-g...#ixzz3VQo9H8Xb
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #201
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMe90 View Post
Can the Jezza even fight? He looks frail and weak to me. You would think a 30 something year old could have knocked him out with one punch. If that pansy had fought back, everything would have been resolved by itself.
LOL!!! Just have to follow up on your comment...

Well, where is the Kingsman Colin Firth when you need him to provide a reminder that being a man means you can be a gentleman and kick azz if needed.

You are right - seems to me the young guy could have put the old man on his backside if he had the salt but he does not. Not condoning Clarkson's antics but please! Maybe I was in the military too long but if Tymon has been ex-SAS the outcome would have been different and there would be no investigation.

According to the news Tymon checked himself into the emergency room for a fat lip. Really? Possibly the mental anguish he suffered from being called names for 30 seconds. Doctors are so bored they are sitting around waiting to evaluate fat lips? Oh there is the 250.00 bill to the health insurance system for some doc to tell you to put ice on your lip, go home, and grow a pair.

A 17 year old teen I know who is a near straight "A" student said it perfectly - "what a P***y - marshmallows are tougher." If the three leave and do their own thing I will watch that. If the new UK Top Gear is anything like Top Gear USA - will not be watching it.

Exerpt from BBCs statement:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

"It found that Mr. Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip."

It lasted "around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report."
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #202
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
this leaves the field with fifth gear

http://racewithtiff.com/

on the history channel. Not as good IMO as Top Gear but hands down better than Top Gear USA
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #203
Kevinl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Alpine White 6MT

History needs to fire their us hosts and cancel the show and then Hire Clarkson, Hammond and May they can still do the show in the UK
      03-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #204
galahad05
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

Am I the only one that enjoys the US Top Gear show? I find those three guys pretty funny and interesting. Rutledge is damn funny, and Adam is such a ham-fisted driver it's amazing.
      03-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #205
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad05 View Post
Am I the only one that enjoys the US Top Gear show? I find those three guys pretty funny and interesting. Rutledge is damn funny, and Adam is such a ham-fisted driver it's amazing.
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #206
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
more civilized society then...

...weed out panty wearing corruption...

...you can be a gentleman...
I think you may have got your "civilized gentlemans" all twisted up in your panties. Might want to get that sorted out.
      03-26-2015, 04:51 AM   #207
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d estate

Quote:
LOL!!! Just have to follow up on your comment...

Well, where is the Kingsman Colin Firth when you need him to provide a reminder that being a man means you can be a gentleman and kick azz if needed.

You are right - seems to me the young guy could have put the old man on his backside if he had the salt but he does not. Not condoning Clarkson's antics but please! Maybe I was in the military too long but if Tymon has been ex-SAS the outcome would have been different and there would be no investigation.

According to the news Tymon checked himself into the emergency room for a fat lip. Really? Possibly the mental anguish he suffered from being called names for 30 seconds. Doctors are so bored they are sitting around waiting to evaluate fat lips? Oh there is the 250.00 bill to the health insurance system for some doc to tell you to put ice on your lip, go home, and grow a pair.

A 17 year old teen I know who is a near straight "A" student said it perfectly - "what a P***y - marshmallows are tougher." If the three leave and do their own thing I will watch that. If the new UK Top Gear is anything like Top Gear USA - will not be watching it.

Exerpt from BBCs statement:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

"It found that Mr. Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip."

It lasted "around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report."
I think zionist owned bbc can't wait to get rid of clarks on after all he doesn't push the multiculteral agenda at all , he does t even fit it what so ever .He is just a natural guy , one of us , who doesn't feel in fear of having a non pc joke .

They will replace clarks on with some young lefty geek like the guy with the glasses in gadget show , not saying there's anything wrong with him , but he is the type to fit there agenda perfectly , then you start to watch TV thinking , what is wrong with me , times have moved on I should be giving my daughter away to groomers and embracing this ...

Yawn , never will I watch top gear again iff they replace clarkson .. I may even get rid of my tv all together , as I find my self becoming just sickened by lefty pushed tv everywhere , it's like facebook now someone says something none pc and facebook goes crazy like in a brainwashed state almost but most of its members are getting pissed out of there brains weekly pushing coke up there nose and shagging in entries , hypocrites ..

I find tv is going the same , it's like a false reality ... Or have I just explained what getting old is , lol
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #208
kunal_d
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 3 pedals

Quote:
They try way too hard to be funny. The UK hosts, especially Clarkson are naturals.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #209
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Quote:
I also enjoy US top gear, although not as much as UK top gear. Honestly, for all the episodes I probably enjoy road trips and challenges the most. Car reviews are ok, but not as interesting.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #210
m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonniefive View Post
I think zionist owned bbc can't wait to get rid of clarks on after all he doesn't push the multiculteral agenda at all , he does t even fit it what so ever .He is just a natural guy , one of us , who doesn't feel in fear of having a non pc joke .

They will replace clarks on with some young lefty geek like the guy with the glasses in gadget show , not saying there's anything wrong with him , but he is the type to fit there agenda perfectly , then you start to watch TV thinking , what is wrong with me , times have moved on I should be giving my daughter away to groomers and embracing this ...

Yawn , never will I watch top gear again iff they replace clarkson .. I may even get rid of my tv all together , as I find my self becoming just sickened by lefty pushed tv everywhere , it's like facebook now someone says something none pc and facebook goes crazy like in a brainwashed state almost but most of its members are getting pissed out of there brains weekly pushing coke up there nose and shagging in entries , hypocrites ..

I find tv is going the same , it's like a false reality ... Or have I just explained what getting old is , lol
I always found Clarkson's on-screen persona engaging and hilarious. Even the non-PC jokes that clearly went way too far ("...but there’s a slope on it") I laughed out loud at. On the screen Clarkson was like your really cool, funny, gearhead Grandad and I think everyone was willing to give him a pass for the most part on anything he said up to a point.

But I think you are reading too much into things if you believe there was some kind of left wing BBC conspiracy here. The bottom line is Clarkson went out, got shitfaced drunk (per NYtimes - "late night drinking session") then came back to his hotel, became angry there was no hot meal waiting for him, then yelled at a producer for 20 mins like a toddler and finally punched him in the face, at which point a witness intervened (per BBC).

I think the only person to be angry at here is Clarkson himself. Like so many other celebs (and despite what we may want to believe about him being a "natural guy" or "one of us") it turns out he is just a dick off screen. The sad part is he may have taken Hammond and May's careers down with him - I have to believe that despite their couple of quasi-supportive tweets they have to be absolutely fuming right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #211
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #212
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
I think you may have got your "civilized gentlemans" all twisted up in your panties. Might want to get that sorted out.
What? I don't wear panties...anymore!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #213
Dabrwright
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i V. Red/SB

Garage List
IMO Fifth Gear is a much better show.
Top Gear admittedly is entertaining but completely infantile and Clarkson is a jerk (a rich one!)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #214
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m42stanle View Post
I always found Clarkson's on-screen persona engaging and hilarious. Even the non-PC jokes that clearly went way too far ("...but there’s a slope on it") I laughed out loud at. On the screen Clarkson was like your really cool, funny, gearhead Grandad and I think everyone was willing to give him a pass for the most part on anything he said up to a point.

But I think you are reading too much into things if you believe there was some kind of left wing BBC conspiracy here. The bottom line is Clarkson went out, got shitfaced drunk (per NYtimes - "late night drinking session") then came back to his hotel, became angry there was no hot meal waiting for him, then yelled at a producer for 20 mins like a toddler and finally punched him in the face, at which point a witness intervened (per BBC).

I think the only person to be angry at here is Clarkson himself. Like so many other celebs (and despite what we may want to believe about him being a "natural guy" or "one of us") it turns out he is just a dick off screen. The sad part is he may have taken Hammond and May's careers down with him - I have to believe that despite their couple of quasi-supportive tweets they have to be absolutely fuming right now.
According to the BBC it was 30 seconds not 20 minutes. Again - which makes it even more absurd. A drunk old man punches a 30 something "man" in a 30 second "fracas" (according to the BBC) and he gets a fat lip, his feelings hurt, and goes to the ER? Drunk or not, dick or not, all of us have our moments. The 17 year kid I cited old has it right.

I agree that while in public Hammond and May are supportive they are probably pissed somewhat that they have to quit now as well because as May stated "they are a package with Clarkson." May said too, "Clarkson's a nob but I like the guy," which say both he and Hammond know what they get with Clarkson. PC or not Clarkson's dry humor is funny and he is more blue collar than white collar though he is a millionaire. BTW Clarkson has been fired before from a magazine he wrote for.

IMO Tymon should have belted him back and all is good. However, the more that is said on this topic the worse and exaggerated Clarkson's actions become. The fact is a fat lip is nothing. Ego damaging. No stitches. True too this is of Clarkson's making and that really is the point i.e. he should have had more self control - but he didn't. BBC should have allowed him to finish the season then not renew his contract and not blow this into the international incident it seems to have become; but with 350 million viewers worldwide and 1 million petitioners demanding he be returned to the show...you have to turn it into a most evil deed.

Maybe if Clarkson would have slapped him instead of belting him one this would be the laughable incident it really is - a wasted a punch in my book.

My 5 year old kid has been banged up more from falling off his bike and we did go to the ER. Tymon, a grown man did this with purposeful knowledge and foresight that his actions would escalate the confrontation. Not sure why people cannot see this. This seems intentional and again because Clarkson already had a strained relationship with BBC and was talking about not coming back. Clarkson just handed them the excuse they needed to pull out the axe.

BBC in fairness had to do it probably or face a lawsuit from Tymon, but the way in which they executed their ousting was weak in my opinion. Now these executives can go to their smoke club, done their smoke jackets and discuss Cricket over whiskey. This is most likely the real understory. No doubt Clarkson, May, and Hammond will resurface on another network which I will tune in. Like others have said here - I am done with the BBC because TG was the only BBC show I watched.

We shall see what the future holds.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #215
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwright View Post
IMO Fifth Gear is a much better show.
Top Gear admittedly is entertaining but completely infantile and Clarkson is a jerk (a rich one!)
Says airing now on the History Channel on Thursdays but I don't see it scheduled yet. Have you seen a time and date? They keep changing networks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #216
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinl View Post
History needs to fire their us hosts and cancel the show and then Hire Clarkson, Hammond and May they can still do the show in the UK
That would be too wicked in both uses of the word! LOL!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #217
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

This has to go down as one of the worst business decisions ever made. They could have easily made Clarkson pay restitution to Tymon and moved on. No concern for the fans whatsoever. I really hope May and Hammond tell the BBC to stuff it and the three of them reinvent TopGear with Netflix. There is obviously a huge market demand.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 01:17 PM   #218
m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:
According to the BBC it was 30 seconds not 20 minutes. Again - which makes it even more absurd. A drunk old man punches a 30 something "man" in a 30 second "fracas" (according to the BBC) and he gets a fat lip, his feelings hurt, and goes to the ER? Drunk or not, dick or not, all of us have our moments. The 17 year kid I cited old has it right.
Sorry, no - you need to read the story again. The physical altercation lasted 30 seconds but the drunken verbal tirade lasted between 20-30 *minutes* complete with expletives and threats to have him fired which were heard through the walls by other hotel guests. Drunk or sober, you have to ask yourself what kind of guy yells at someone for that long over a dinner order.

Try to set aside the fact he's a celebrity for a second, there is no workplace in the Western world where you get away with this and aren't immediately terminated with cause. To suggest he is a pussy for not punching Clarkson back (who given his celebrity is arguably a superior) is absurd (setting aside the fact that in this case a bystander had already intervened so it was probably difficult or impossible to fight back if he wanted to).

We don't know the reason the producer went to the ER here, but even if his goal was to have the assault documented so he could get Clarkson fired then so what? You can call him a pussy if you want but that's a red herring here, you're shifting the blame away from where it belongs. It's an extreme example, but we don't blame victims of domestic violence for not punching back and we certainly don't think of them as wimps if they go to the hospital when their boyfriends/husbands crack their lips open. This wasn't a case of two guys going out to the bar together, getting drunk and then getting into a fight. The dynamics of workplace violence (even after hours) are very different.

Believe me I'm as sad as anyone here to see the show gone, but Clarkson was done as soon as he punched the guy in the face. And he did it to himself, this was not the work of the Marxist left-wing BBC and not the work of some pussy producer - blame is 100% with Clarkson here.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 01:27 PM   #219
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

I've heard first hand that he's absolutely impossible. A total dick to work with (unless you're on what he deems as HIS level) The opposite of down to earth. Disappointing
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #220
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto
This has to go down as one of the worst business decisions ever made. They could have easily made Clarkson pay restitution to Tymon and moved on. No concern for the fans whatsoever. I really hope May and Hammond tell the BBC to stuff it and the three of them reinvent TopGear with Netflix. There is obviously a huge market demand.
I agree with you that the BBC made the wrong decision, from a business point of view. He's was the highest paid BBC presenter, which shows how much they valued him on the network.

However, I think they didn't want it to appear as if Top Gear was in charge of the BBC decision-making process, so they canned him. This move shows they're still in control, but shows emotions and image-control trumped common sense and money.

I desperately hope JC, May, and Hammond find their way to Netflix.
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0