BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-13-2024, 05:44 AM   #1
gramezza
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i

Quick TPMS question

Morning everyone.

I have a TPMS sensor fault. It doesn't mention which sensor(s) are faulty, whether it's one or more. Is there a way of finding this out?

I've also heard mixed advice on whether new sensors need to be coded or not, can anyone confirm? They'll probably be aftermarket ones as I refuse to pay £100 per sensor from BMW.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:24 AM   #2
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

I’d expect you’ll need to scan it. It sounds like it auto learns them in the docs.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:57 AM   #3
BlackM750i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i M Sport

I've changed wheel sets to new ones that already had TPMS sensors and did not have to code anything and it immediately read the temp and psi of the tires.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 04:31 PM   #4
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Proper scan tool or ISTA can give you more info on which sensor is the issue, or if something else is. If it is weak sensor battery then they usually come back alive if tyre pressure reset is performed. It will drop out again soon, though.

Most TPMS sensors come blank and need to be coded for the vehicle. But there are plenty of sensors in the market that are preloaded with certain vehicle programming and are plug and play. One must make sure that their vehicle is in the list when buying these.

I recently went with these sensors as they have BMW's preloaded and I paid same money for four of these as I would have for one OE. Works like charm.

I would replace all four at the same time. If one starts to crap out due to aging battery, then other three are not far behind.

Last edited by Raimo5; 05-13-2024 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 11:06 AM   #5
gramezza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Proper scan tool or ISTA can give you more info on which sensor is the issue, or if something else is. If it is weak sensor battery then they usually come back alive if tyre pressure reset is performed. It will drop out again soon, though.

Most TPMS sensors come blank and need to be coded for the vehicle. But there are plenty of sensors in the market that are preloaded with certain vehicle programming and are plug and play. One must make sure that their vehicle is in the list when buying these.

I recently went with these sensors as they have BMW's preloaded and I paid same money for four of these as I would have for one OE. Works like charm.

I would replace all four at the same time. If one starts to crap out due to aging battery, then other three are not far behind.
Really appreciate the link, however it won't open. Can you please give make or part number so I can find them? Thanks very much
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 11:07 AM   #6
gramezza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackM750i View Post
I've changed wheel sets to new ones that already had TPMS sensors and did not have to code anything and it immediately read the temp and psi of the tires.
This is the thing, your comment and the one above, I've been told different things. Thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:20 PM   #7
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

Schrader make the ones in our cars.

Add TPMS and .com to that URL instead of the ***** and it works.

Download the G12 Chassis and Suspension doc.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:07 PM   #8
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramezza View Post
Really appreciate the link, however it won't open. Can you please give make or part number so I can find them? Thanks very much
Huh, for some reason, bimmerpost scensors the end of this web address. As requested, I'll post part numbers or you can fix the link as per Atavus instructions.

2200-GO1 - Silver
2200B-GO1 - Black
2200T-GO1 - Titanium

All Schrader valves, just different valve stem color.
Appreciate 0