BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Getting Annoyed Now... BMW READ HERE

Today- I had to run errands and make a few stops around town. I was listening to my iPod (downloaded new songs) and turn off the car.

When I come back to my car, I start it up, put it into reverse to pull out of the parking spot - and the DVD player sound comes up. I have talked about this before in several posts.

For me to get back to my iPod, I have to push CD/Multimedia, toggle right a few times, pick my iPod, goto playlists, pick the playlist I was listening to, and then find the song again.

I had to do this 3 times for my 3 fu$k#ng stops.

BMW (i assume you are reading)- can you let us know about a software patch?

Anyone else experiencing this???

Also, my check engine light is still on after 2 tank refills and about 600 miles. I was hoping it would turn off. I guess I need to take it to the dealer. The vehicle check says "all systems ok" still.....

I think I will drive my M5 tomorrow and take my anger out with the 500 hp V10!

Sorry to belabor this issue - but I don't want to take the car in too soon and have it be a guinea pig.......
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotM5 View Post
Today- I had to run errands and make a few stops around town. I was listening to my iPod (downloaded new songs) and turn off the car.

When I come back to my car, I start it up, put it into reverse to pull out of the parking spot - and the DVD player sound comes up. I have talked about this before in several posts.

For me to get back to my iPod, I have to push CD/Multimedia, toggle right a few times, pick my iPod, goto playlists, pick the playlist I was listening to, and then find the song again.

I had to do this 3 times for my 3 fu$k#ng stops.

BMW (i assume you are reading)- can you let us know about a software patch?

Anyone else experiencing this???

Also, my check engine light is still on after 2 tank refills and about 600 miles. I was hoping it would turn off. I guess I need to take it to the dealer. The vehicle check says "all systems ok" still.....

I think I will drive my M5 tomorrow and take my anger out with the 500 hp V10!

Sorry to belabor this issue - but I don't want to take the car in too soon and have it be a guinea pig.......
I was going to ask you if you are always using the same remote, but I guess if you were running errands, you would use the same remote every time.

The check engine light may be related to a host of things. My wife's car (a 2006 model) had the check engine light on and the iDrive system showed that all systems were ok. It turned out to be a thermostat that controls the flow of water to cool the engine! Apparently it was shorted and the computer was unable to read the water temperature!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I was going to ask you if you are always using the same remote, but I guess if you were running errands, you would use the same remote every time.

The check engine light may be related to a host of things. My wife's car (a 2006 model) had the check engine light on and the iDrive system showed that all systems were ok. It turned out to be a thermostat that controls the flow of water to cool the engine! Apparently it was shorted and the computer was unable to read the water temperature!
What is the remote you are referring to? the key fob? if so, yes I am using the same key everytime.

I guess I need to bring the car in - I was hoping it was the gas cap. The check engine light is soooo common. I had the same warning light in my M5 last month - it was an oxygen sensor. My wife's GL450's light just came on and now the 750i. What is pain in the A$$!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What is the remote you are referring to? the key fob? if so, yes I am using the same key everytime.

I guess I need to bring the car in - I was hoping it was the gas cap. The check engine light is soooo common. I had the same warning light in my M5 last month - it was an oxygen sensor. My wife's GL450's light just came on and now the 750i. What is pain in the A$$!
Well, look at it this way, in the past when we didn't have these indicators, something broke on the car and you didn't even know it until something MAJOR happened and usually cost you a TON of money!

Now it may be annoying to see that light come on but at least you are aware that something ain't quite right and should be looked after sooner than later

BTW: Don't even mention the gas cap to your dealership. They can charge you for it if that's what they think caused the light to come on!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Sorry, forgot all about the key fob. That is what I was referring to.

Try to go into your 'Options' menu under 'Settings' and see if you can back up your Profile to a USB stick (plug one into the USB connector in the glove compartment box by the passenger side door not the USB connector in the middle console). Then select to export your profile settings to the USB stick. After that, reset your profile and start to put your settings back into the car (do NOT restore the settings from the USB stick just yet). Drive a couple of times with the car and see if that fixed your audio source problem. If it doesn't, and you didn't put all your settings back the same way as you had them before, you can restore your settings from the USB stick.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Sorry, forgot all about the key fob. That is what I was referring to.

Try to go into your 'Options' menu under 'Settings' and see if you can back up your Profile to a USB stick (plug one into the USB connector in the glove compartment box by the passenger side door not the USB connector in the middle console). Then select to export your profile settings to the USB stick. After that, reset your profile and start to put your settings back into the car (do NOT restore the settings from the USB stick just yet). Drive a couple of times with the car and see if that fixed your audio source problem. If it doesn't, and you didn't put all your settings back the same way as you had them before, you can restore your settings from the USB stick.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip - I will try this out and let you guys know if it worked.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
spidey 7
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750i

I've had not experienced any trouble with the entertainment system in my 750i. I did have similar problems in my 550i.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey 7 View Post
I've had not experienced any trouble with the entertainment system in my 750i. I did have similar problems in my 550i.
thanks - this is just somekind of software glitch. everything works well - it is just defaulting to the DVD movie player. do you have the rear
DVD player too? Maybe I should take out my DVDs or reload them to isolate the issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonsazkin View Post
If you're paying so much $ for that car, I don't think BMW should even expect you to go through all that "save to a USB stick" trouble. Take the car to them and have them fix it! If I were to buy this car, I would be giving them crap for it. That's just me, though.
the fellow poster was just informing me of a potential fix. software glitch for sure...thx
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
riazah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 i and 2007 650 cic

I dont have the problem that you experienced with the ipod on mine and I have the rear system but I do seem to have problems with the songs in my iphone being recognized by idrive once I have not used it say overnight-any thoughts
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update: I took the F01 in the dealer last week. The car was completely reprogrammed with a mandatory update and it seems (fingers crossed) that the radio source/ dvd issue is GONE!! I have not noticed any other changes with the software. The check engine light was also a software issue whereby the computer sensed a leak at the gas cap - when in reality there was no leak. My advisor at Stevens Creek BMW is the best and was on it. The car seems to be perfect right now!!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Update: I took the F01 in the dealer last week. The car was completely reprogrammed with a mandatory update and it seems (fingers crossed) that the radio source/ dvd issue is GONE!! I have not noticed any other changes with the software. The check engine light was also a software issue whereby the computer sensed a leak at the gas cap - when in reality there was no leak. My advisor at Stevens Creek BMW is the best and was on it. The car seems to be perfect right now!!
Hey Spot, great to hear that the software update seems to have fixed your entertainment issues

I had asked my dealership about the 'mandatory software upgrade' you had previously referred to, so they hooked up my car to their brand new computer system for the F series cars and and found that my car already had the latest software release! Apparently the car was updated when they did the PDI
Appreciate 0